Worried, Confused, Angry

The Lovely Bones of Henry Lau

Previously

“I’m heading down to the police station,”

“What about Manager- Hyung?” He asked.

Leeteuk sighed, knowing their manager would have to be notified eventually.  “I’ll call him when I get back and we know a bit more about what’s going on.”

“Be safe,” Kangin warned.

Leeteuk nodded once before opening the door and stepping out, shutting it behind him seconds later.

Currently

December 6’Th, 4:07 am

 

The sound of a car door slamming shut echoed throughout the deserted parking lot. Footsteps sounded above the silence. The crunching sounds of shoe on gravel reverberating throughout the entire lot.

A second later, the sound of jingling keys and a weary sigh followed as Leeteuk entered the apartment complex.  Besides an elderly woman at the reception desk, the lobby was vacant of any and all people. Leeteuk gave her a simple bow before heading into the elevator and pressing the button which would take him to the 12’Th floor.

Once the elevator doors closed he leant back against the wall, his shoulders slumping forward in exhaustion. For the past five hours he had sat at the police station, answering question after question thrown at him. The police had called the phone company and had managed to retrieve a recording of his phone call with Henry, which he had been forced to listen to once again, along with the address from which Henry had called.

Unfortunately, he had been sent home right after they had retrieved the information. Of course, Leeteuk had refused; if they were going to where Henry was, it was crucial for him to go with them.  In spite of this, no matter how much he had demanded to go along, they had simply dismissed him, along with the promise to call him in the morning with any information they had received.

“Damn it!” He shouted his fist slamming against the elevator wall with a bang.

He felt utterly useless, and not to mention pathetic. Someone he considered a brother was God knows where, alone and possibly critically hurt.  Yet here he was, doing absolutely nothing, because there was nothing he could do.

He couldn’t protect Henry.

He couldn’t help the police.

He couldn’t stop Henry’s suffering or bring him home.

He was useless and it absolutely killed him inside.

The elevator doors opened with a ding. He forced himself to calm down, as he headed down the hall to their dorm. The members were no doubt fast asleep, and he didn’t want to wake them.

Leeteuk stepped into the dorm, shutting the door behind him as quietly as he could. His eyes widened as he saw Kangin passed out on the couch.  No doubt, he had been waiting for Leeteuk to get back from the police station.  Without wasting a second, he walked over to one of the hallway closets and grabbed a blanket, gently placing it over the sleeping male, before going to check up on the others.

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Yesung, Ryeowook and Eunhyuk had retired down to their dorm on the 11’Th floor, leaving behind a stilling silence. Siwon was passed out in his room, hands tightly gripping a small cross. Donghae and Shindong were also fast asleep, the former’s face streaked with dried tears.  Lastly he made his way towards his own room, only to find Heechul lying wide awake in his bed.

“What are you doing?” He said, his eyes scanning over the brunette.

Heechul shrugged, lifting his head to glance up at the leader. “Couldn’t sleep.”

“Ah...” Leeteuk murmured, taking off his jacket and heading over to his bed. He had woken up at 4 the day before, because of an early schedule and had been up ever since. To put it simple, he was exhausted. Heechul seemed to notice this too.

“You should get him sleep,” He suggested, even though the tone of which he said it left no room for argument.

“But-“Leeteuk was about to protest, only to be cut off once again by Heechul.

“I’ll take care of the members and Manager-hyung,” Leeteuk couldn’t help the smile that made its way onto his face. Even though it was such a small gesture, it meant a lot to the leader. “I’ll wake you if anything comes up, but for now just get some rest.”

Leeteuk gave a slight nod, not having the energy to do anything else.  The minute his head hit the pillow his eyes shut instantly. In the background he could hear his bedroom door shut and within seconds he drifted off into a deep sleep.


December 6’Th, 4:30 am

Heechul stepped out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him with a soft click. He couldn’t help the yawn that escaped his lips as he made his way into the kitchen. To be honest, he hadn’t slept a wink, and was probably just as tired as Leeteuk was. Not that he would ever tell the leader that. Leeteuk had looked so close to collapsing...Heechul just didn’t want to add to the leader’s list of things to worry about. Plus, at the moment everyone needed to pitch in and help out, and frankly, this was really the only thing he could do at the moment.

He forced himself to hold down the anger that suddenly welled up inside of him.

Anger that their Maknae was missing.

Anger directed at the sick whom had done this to sweet, innocent Henry.

Anger directed at himself for not going with Henry that night.

Anger directed at the rest of s for not going with Henry.

Anger directed at their leader for thinking he needed to take on everything himself.

Anger at the people who were sitting safe at home, well they were forced to deal with this situation.

Anger that they were even in a situation like this.

Anger that he was so ing useless.

He didn’t know how long he sat at the table before a voice startled him out of his thoughts.

“Hyung are you alright?”

Heechul jumped in his chair, spinning around to stare at a surprised Donghae, whose eyes were wide with shock.

Heechul took a deep breath before nodding his head. He took a second to let his eyes wander over Donghae’s ragged appearance; his hair was a mess and he was still dressed in the clothes he had worn yesterday. Large bags hung under bloodshot and puffy red eyes. Heechul could also the the remnants of dried tears on his Dongsaeng’s face.

Pity and guilt made its way into his stomach.  Here he was drowning in his self pity, well his Dongsaeng’s were just as distressed, if not more distressed than he was about everything that was happening.

“What are you doing up?” He asked, motioning for Donghae to take a seat at the table.

Donghae shrugged absentmindedly. “Couldn’t sleep,” He whispered, sitting down across from Heechul, who narrowed his eyes at him.

Heechul nodded and within seconds the kitchen lapsed into silence as they both wandered off into their own thoughts.

Heechul couldn’t help, but wonder if Henry was alright, wherever he was. He swore on his grandmother’s grave, once he got his hands on that sick freak that took Henry, whoever it was, he would murder them.

To be honest, the reason he couldn’t sleep, was because every single time he closed his eyes Henry’s pain filled screams echoed over and over through his head. Henry calling out desperately for his Hyung’s to save him as they stood frozen to the living room floor, not moving an inch.

How dare someone take their Henry and cause him such pain. What the had their little Canadian ever done to anyone?  For as long as Heechul had known Henry, the Canadian had been a cute, respectful, sweet, kind and innocent boy. He didn’t deserve the kind of hate he got from Only13’ers (Heechul refused to call them Elf) , he didn’t deserve any of it and he most certainly did not deserve this.

Just thinking of Henry alone and suffering somewhere made Heechul want to go out and punch the first person he saw. Screw his reputation.

A sigh escaped his lips for the millionth time that morning. He forced his thoughts about Henry to the back of his head as he took out his phone to inform their Manager of the situation. Thankfully, even though their manager was shocked, he was sympathetic enough to give them a week off, as long as they promised to keep him informed on the situation and promised to keep this hidden from the press, at least for now. Despite this, Heechul still only managed to get them a week off before they would have to either resolve the situation, or somehow deal with the press. Either way, after a week, they would have to start up their schedules again.

He headed back into the kitchen, only to notice Donghae was now gone, no doubt heading back to his room to get some more sleep. He glanced at the clock and noticed it was already 9 am. Had 4 and a half hours really passed by that quickly?

He was about to take a seat, when the sound of Leeteuk’s furious voice rang through the apartment. Instantly Heechul rushed towards the Leader and his room. The sound of bedroom doors clicking open told him he was not the only one who had been startled by the leader’s shouting.

Opening the bedroom door, he was met with the livid face of the leader, hand clenched tightly around his cell phone, his knuckles turning white, and his eyes narrowed.

“What the hell do you mean you found nothing at the warehouse? How the hell can all signs that he was there just disappear?!”


A/N

Sorry for the really late update.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.