The Seventh Meeting

When Coincidence Becomes Fate

"Hyukjae, are you sure you--"

"One more please!"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

Somehow, their night out ended up at a local pub. It was one of the few that served cheap quality drinks and didn't seem to be filled with erts wanting to anything that moved.

Kyuhyun scanned the room, wanting to catch sight of a familiar mop of hair, namely Heechul. The other had disappeared as soon as Hyukjae got tipsy, meaning Kyuhyun had to stay and take care of him. That smart .

The brunette sighed as he nursed his own drink, praying the slim man wouldn't regurgitate his stomach contents anytime soon. 

This place had good music, and he wanted to go onto the dance floor-- let it go, for once, but because of this skinny anchovy...

Why was he such a good friend?

 

***

 

An hour later, and Hyukjae was worse for the wear. According to him, there were "fish swimming around" in the "East sea". Kyuhyun didn't know what that meant, only that Hyukjae was hammered and probably needed to get home. Preferably now.

Mentally cursing the blond for not being able to take alcohol, he made sure the other was sitting (really slumping) comfortably in the corner of a booth before setting off to find Heechul among the throng of dancers.

 

He didn't have to look far.

 

"Hangenggg!" A familiar screetch met Kyuhyun's ears. It's a wonder how Heechul's voice can project so well beyond the bass.

Kyuhyun muttered under his breath and set off in the general direction of the sound. 

And what a sight he was greeted with.

 

It turns out Heechul wasn't dancing, as Kyuhyun had presumed. He was curled up in a corner of a booth, his arms wound around the foreign guy Kyuhyun vaguely remembered them seeing on the first day of university. The foreigner had one arm wrapped around Heechul in return, whispering things in his ear.

Kyuhyun was annoyed, but also awed and impressed, at how fast Heechul can hook a guy in.

"Heechul." Kyuhyun tried to shout above the music.

Heechul and his companion both looked up, and Heechul smirked.

"Hyukjae finally dead to the world?" 

"No thanks to you," Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow. "I better get him home, you coming along?" he eyed the other man wearily.

"Well..." Heechul smirked again.

"Hi. I'm Hangeng. I go to Chul's university, third year."

Chul? Kyuhuyun nearly scoffed. For as long as he's known the man for, Heechul had never, ever let anyone give him a nickname. 

"Yeah, I go there too. You okay with getting Heechul home?" Kyuhyun sighed.

"Yes, I can drive him home. I have car, and didn't drink." 

Kyuhyun nodded, reassured. This Hangeng looked fully sober and hasn't responded to Heechul's obvious suggestions, which is a feat in itself. 

"Hangeng will take care of me, Kyuhyun, I'll be fine. Just make sure you and Hyukjae get home okay and don't let the anchovy throw up in the taxi." Heechul rolled his eyes. He had a slight blush to his cheeks, and even Kyuhyun had to admit that for the first time ever, Heechul looked... loved up. Sure, the other man has had heaps of relationships (Kyuhyun lost count after boyfriend number five) but this is the first time he'd seen Heechul so... happy and relaxed in the presence of another. 

"Okay. Just... text me when you get home?" Kyuhyun said, satisfied.

"Sure. Will do." Heechul had already turned back to face Hangeng, leaning his head in the crook of the other's neck.

"It was nice meeting you. Don't worry, I will make sure Heechul get home soon." Hangeng said, slightly bowing his head to Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun nodded and headed back to Hyukjae's booth, hoping the blond will still be in a presentable condition. He was suddenly very, very, tired and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. The night had drained him, especially after seeing how happy Heechul looked, and how perfectly Hangeng seemed to suit him. Damn Heechul and his amazingly good luck.

While all he had was a drunk Hyukjae.

Kyuhyun breathed out in relief upon seeing the other man still curled up in his original position, lightly snoozing. He leaned across and tried shaking the man awake.

"Yah. Hyukjae. Time to go home, you light drinker." 

"Don't wannnn." 

"I really don't want to drag you home."

"Mmmph."

"Far out." 

Kyuhyun gave up, dragging the other man towards him unceremoniously before trying to get him to stand up, slinging one of the blond's arm over his shoulder. Hyukjae may not look heavy, but he certainly feels like a few tons.

Kyuhyun staggered, trying to make his way through the dark crowd towards the exit. 

"I swear, Hyukjae, the next time I see you--"

 

"Need a hand there?" 

Kyuhyun froze at the familiar voice.

 

 

-------

 

Whyyyy author do you have to stop at a (kinda) cliffhanger?

*because I naughty, naughty*

Have to cut it here, next update will be interesting (I hope!) and should be out tomorrow to make up for the shortness of this one :)

Comments are appreciated! :D I actually read all my comments and it never fails to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

PS. Anyone got my fish reference? ;)