The Ninth Meeting

When Coincidence Becomes Fate

Sungmin wasn't sure what to think.

Somehow, he sees the brunette-- Kyuhyun-- everywhere, without ever meaning to.

And he doesn't feel anything bad towards this, at all. If anything, it makes his life more... interesting. The potential of bumping into the other during the most uncanny situations certainly makes him more alert. 

Sungmin smiled into the darkness as he wondered how Donghae and Kyuhyun's drunk friend (Hyukjae, was it?) would get along. He's got a good feeling about it, somehow. 

He couldn't believe how coincidental it was that Hangeng was now dating Kyuhyun's friend, too.

It's as if fate is playing a trick and making their lives more intertwined than ever thought possible.

Sungmin drifted off to sleep on that thought, and mildly wondering if he'll be able to get up before midday tomorrow.

 

**

 

"Hyukjae." Kyuhyun curtly greeted the other. Monday morning, and Kyuhyun was never in a good mood on Monday mornings. Especially not having to walk so early in the day it should be made illegal. And what happened with the blond on Friday night didn't help lift his mood, either.

"Oh um. Hi, Kyuhyun." Hyukjae did a small, nervous wave.

"Hi my . Do you remember how drunk you were on Friday night?"

Hyukjae held both hands up in front of him. "In my defense, I only started drinking because Heechul insisted we go there."

"As if you didn't wholeheartedly agree." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Okay, okay, I definitely owe you one for carrying me home."

"You're shouting me a drink next time. Wait. Make that two."

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Speaking of which, how did we get home? I don't remember seeing a taxi, and I vaguly heard you talking to someone in a car."

Now it was Kyhuhyun's turn to look down.

"Well, actually... about that..."

"We didn't go in some random's car Heechul picked up from the bar, did we?" Hyukjae eyed Kyuhyun suspiciously.

"What? No! Unlike someone, I was completely sober and in a rational state of mind."

"Well then, whose car did we go in?" Hyukjae raised an eyebrow expectantly.

Kyuhyun sighed. Here goes nothing.

"Actually, you were in Sungmin's--"

"Oh my god." Hyukjae shrieked. "Sungmin? As in the Lee Sungmin that I thought you'd never have a chance with?"

Kyuhyun sent a glare at the other.

"Yes. That Sungmin. And for your information, he was the one who offered us a ride, after seeing how stupidly drunk you were."

"In that case Kyuhyun, I don't owe you anything. You, however, should kiss my feet in gratitude."

"You wish, you stinky--"

Kyuhyun was just about to say exactly what he thinks about Hyukjae when someone behind him let out a small cry and gripped his shoulder, nearly making Kyuhyun fall backwards.

"What the hell--"

"Sorry, I'm so sorry." came a reply. Kyuhyun turned around and immediately garnered what happened from the man's untied shoelaces and a flushed face. 

"It's okay. You better tie those shoelaces up though." 

The other man nodded. "I . Never mastered the skill." He stuck out a hand. "I'm Donghae, by the way."

Kyuhyun chuckled. "I'm Kyuhyun. And this idiot here is Hyukjae," Kyuhyun gestured towards the blond.

"Hey--"

"We've got a lecture starting in five minutes though, so... it was nice meeting you, but we'll probably see you around." Kyuhyun waved at the other man and smiled, pulling the blond with him.

"Bye--" the blond managed to yelp before Kyuhyun dragged them away.

 

Donghae looked up from where he tied his shoelaces and waved back. It's always funny, the people you meet at university.

The blond boy, especially.

Donghae grinned.

 

**

 

"Did you see his face." 

"Yes, Hyukjae, I saw his face."

"No, Kyuhyun, you're missing the point here. Did you see how nice that face looked?"

"Uh--"

"I mean, I swear I've seen that face somewhere before. The tousled hair, those big wide eyes, the straight nose-- he looks like he just came out of some shoujo. And did I mention his amazingly toned arms."

Kyuhyun sighed. 

"Yes, he did look good. Not as good as Sungmin, though." he sniffed.

"No, my friend. Sungmin is untouchable. This guy is a clean slate. A clean slate I'm about to--"

"Ew, please keep it in your pants." 

"You're just jealous--" Suddenly Hyukjae had Kyuhyun in a death grip and the brunette winced. "I remember where I've seen him from." Hyukjae's eyes widened.

"Oh yeah? In your dreams maybe?" Kyuhyun sniggered.

"No, you idiotic geek. I swear, he's Sungmin's friend. The one we saw walking with Sungmin on the first day, remember?"

Realisation dawned on Kyuhyun and he couldn't believe what a small world he lives in. There is easily a few thousand students in his university, yet somehow Sungmin seemed to be everywhere...

"I have a good feeling about this." Hyukjae smiled his gummy smile. 

"You have a good feeling about everything, though." Kyuhyun dismissed it on the outside, but inside he couldn't help but feel like somehow... everything was meant to happen this way. It just seemed too perfect, the way things were falling into place.

"Don't try and hide it, Cho. I've known you for way too long, and I know you're secretly ecstatic. Cute." Hyukjae ruffled Kyuhyun's hair.

Kyuhyun scowled and slapped Hyukjae's hand away. 

"Hey guys." 

An arm was slung across each of Kyuhyun and Hyukjae's shoulders, nearly making the two knock heads.

"Why good morning to you too, Heechul." Kyuhyun smirked. He knew he that this was one of the rare occasions where he had the upper hand on the other.

"Don't even think about it, Kyuhyun." Heechul narrowed his eyes. 

"About what?" Hyukjae looked between the two, confused. A couple hours and a few drinks, and somehow it seemed like he missed out on most of the major events. 

"Well, Heechul here is the one with the real lover boy now." Kyuhyun grinned. They were within sight of the campus now and probably late to class at this rate, but this was too good to pass up.

"Lover boy? Heechul?" Hyukjae asked incredulously. "You sure you didn't mistake him for just another toyboy?"

"Mmhmm. While you were busy being passed out on the couch, Heechul was wound all around the guy. And get this-- this guy didn't even try to him, no matter how close our diva here pressed against him."

"Woah..."

"I know, right? Heechul is practically smitten."

"Yah!" Heechul finally broke from his silence and flicked Kyuhyun on the forehead. "I was not all over him, and certainly not smitten--"

 

"Heechul. Good morning." A slightly accented voice stopped Heechul abruptly from his outburst.

"H--Hangeng..."

Kyuhyun shot a victorious I-told-you-so look at Hyukjae.

In less than a second, Heechul went from being protesting and indignant to something close to a simpering mess.

"Woah..." Hyukjae repeated. He wasn't sure if the effects of the alcohol had worn off just yet, or...

"Nope, you aren't dreaming." Kyuhyun grinned as they all walked into the campus, Heechul winding an arm through Hangeng's and shooting Kyuhyun dirty looks from time to time.

 

"Kyuhyun. Sungmin said you leave bus card in his car."  The sandy-haired man suddenly turned around. "I almost forget to tell you."

The smile was wiped off the brunette immediately upon hearing the Chinese man's words. So that's why he couldn't find it this morning...

"My... my bus card?"

"Yes." Hangeng nodded. "He brought it today, so you guys can maybe come with us for lunch? Heechul is coming." the man smiled. 

Heechul scowled. He's surprised Hangeng is friends with Sungmin (strange things happen like that), but he's more annoyed by the propect of Kyuhyun drooling again. 

Hyukjae, however, poked (or as Kyuhyun would say, stabbed) the taller in the side sharply and nodded at an inhumane speed. Kyuhyun had a good idea why the blond was so keen to meet up with Hangeng's friends. In the monkey's mind, Hangeng meant Sungmin, and Sungmin meant the possibility of seeing shoujo boy again.

"Yeah, okay, sure." Kyuhyun smiled back.

 

Although he couldn't be sure if he'll survive lunch.

But hey, a guy can always hope, right?

 

 

-------

So here we've got everyone around Kyuhyun being somehow connected to Sungmin... ^^

Random thought ahead: I kind of understand why idol companies don't want relationships to be revealed, because it takes away the mystery, and I'd feel weird if I knew exactly who Sungmin was dating and I'm sitting here writing Kyumin fics (that are definitely not platonic lol). I'm fully okay with Sungmin dating though, but it's cool if he keeps it private too.

 

Just a heads up about updating-- will be irregular, and may take a couple weeks to get out. 

But for those of you who didn't read my blog post, a 3-shot is coming your way once I reach 200 unique subs (192 now, so not a big ask!) The 3-shot will be subscriber-locked to thank everyone who has made their presence known~ (if you don't have an account, you should register! :D It's free, and you can subscribe to all the fics you want to read later-- there are some good authors out there!)

Thanks for reading!  Comments are appreciated :D You guys are always so supportive it makes me happy <3