The Third Meeting

When Coincidence Becomes Fate

"Kyuhyun, you listening to me? This is important! We should definitely get our hair dyed, you know how chicks dig--"

They had just come out from their graduating ceremony, Hyukjae's arm slung across the younger's shoulder, already babbling about all the potential relationships that were surely awaiting them in university.

Kyuhyun was just going to retort that no one would want a skinny monkey-limbed boy (yes, boy, because Hyukjae was still far from being a man), when he spotted a familiar face running out from a coffee shop across the road. 

Kyuhyun couldn't believe it.

But there he was again.

Sungmin.

Somehow he could always recognise Sungmin almost instantly, but he didn't know what it was that kept him spotting the other, and never getting a chance to say hi, or have the elder see him too. 

He doubts the other even remembers him. It was a one-off meeting after all, thirteen years ago. Kyuhyun decided that if they did meet again one day, he'd probably act like they were strangers. Just because it would be weird, and a little bit creepy, if he said "Hey, I remember you, you're the kid I met that one time when you dropped ice cream on me when I was five."

Yeah... not cool.

"Yah Cho Kyuhyun!" Hyukjae's shrill shouting next to his ear snapped him back to reality. Kyuhyun thinks it's a miracle that he somehow didn't sustain any ear damage from the years he's known the other. 

"We were just planning to go karaoke, and I won't take no for an answer!"

Kyuhyun just shrugged and allowed himself to be dragged along.

Two songs into the night, and Sungmin was already far from his mind.

 

----

Heh. I seem to love making Sungmin oblivious and Kyuhyun somewhat... frustrated? 

Anyway, updates should be longer from the next chapter onwards (long by my standards, anyway haha)

I write for enjoyment, so please turn a blind eye on sh*tty flow/plot, but I'll try my best!

Thanks for all the comments so far :D and I'll see you next update! (Would be in a couple weeks though)

 

Edit: I know some of you aren't too happy about the short updates, but like I said above this is the last shortie, and they were created short because they're kinda like "snapshots" of the past before we move onto the present. Hope that makes sense.