Accepting the Deal

Better of Two Evils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at my cell phone while Woohyun slept next to me. It’d been a few hours since my father had left and the others had be nice enough to leave me and Woohyun alone in his room. It hadn’t been long since Woohyun had fallen back to sleep but I found I couldn’t. So here I was snuggled up close to him, arms tucked between our bodies, and using his side as a phone rest. So much for me just letting go and not thinking of anything. Even being in Woohyun’s arms wasn’t distracting me from my thoughts of what I was going to do now.

I'd never lived without my father's money. Everything I owned was from his credit cards as I'd never had a job in my life. I sighed softly and brought my phone back to life with a touch of a button.

Without even having to really look, I knew I had six missed calls from Chaemi, one from my father and three voicemails. I was dreading the voicemails but I hit the call button and placed my phone to my ear. Chaemi’s voice when it hit me was full of surprise, both that I was the Prime Minister’s daughter and that I was dating Woohyun. She commented on how she was upset I hadn’t told her anything and had started on something else but I deleted the message. The next one was also from her and I deleted that as well without even bothering to listen. I felt horrible as soon as I’d done so though. For the only friend who’d talked to me on that first day of school, I was being a horrible friend in return. Still, she would have to be put on the back burner until things got settled.

The next voicemail was my father. That surprised me. I was expecting another from Chaemi as my father hardly ever left messages He called to offer me the deal one more time. He sounded more calm as he spoke but still just as serious. He stated if I didn’t call him back by tomorrow night, I wouldn’t have a home to come back too. He promised to make sure all my things were cancelled and sold, including the car that was sitting in the driveway. Unfortunately, when my father made promises, I knew he kept him. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be where he was sitting today.

I groaned softly, hiding my face in Woohyun’s side before I hung up my phone, ignoring the rest of the message. I had a lot of thinking to do. I shifted slightly and set my phone back on side table before snuggled back up to Woohyun. His arms hugged me closer in his sleep and I let my eyes slide shut.

 

-----

 

I chewed on my bottom lip as I leaned against Woohyun’s bathroom counter. I needed to tell him but I wasn’t sure how. I gripped the counter tightly and glanced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter