The Aftermath

Better of Two Evils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I downed another shot as the music blared around me. My friends had all gone off dancing and I was sitting this one out. To rest, to drink more, I didn’t care anymore. This past week and a half had been Hell. Between convincing my appa to be lenient on Teen Top and staying under the radar at school, I was fried. I was glad for this Friday night and to hide my face.

 

Both Exo and Infinite had come to school in shifts the past couple of days. Everyone spread rumors about them but it seemed like none of them cared in the slightest. The student president and her friend were absent as well. Who knew about them though. Hell, I was just happy no one had died. Woohyun had updated like he’d promised late that night. He’d actually woken me up to tell me the situation. There had been a few close calls between a many of them but everyone had pulled through he said. He’d seemed tired and quiet and I’d briefly thought I’d have liked to have been there for him to comfort him.

 

This past weekend I’d visited Ljoe in his holding cell with the others. He hadn’t wanted to see me but I’d made him. He'd barley talked to me as I told him I'd stick by and help him and the others. His was response was to ask me to leave him alone. It hurt but I'd left. My father had already worked his magic and pulled some strings, as well as probably paid some people off to get the boys a simple two year probabation and a hefty fine they needed to pay. It wouldn’t suit my fathers' image of us if It got into the papers that the Prime Minister’s daughter was associated with thugs.

 

"What are you doing beautiful?"

 

I glanced up as Woohyun slid into the booth next to me. His tight muscle shirt under a simple jacket and dark jeans suited him really well and I caught myself staring. He smiled as he curled an arm around me, pulling me close. I sighed and made a face at him, putting my drink down as he moved closer. It was like my subconscious had called out to him.

 

"Wallowing in my misery...How’d you know it was me?" I asked as he pushed my mask up slowly to expose my face.

 

He grinned wider and I mentally kicked myself for falling for it. This past week we’d gotten a bit closer with each other but nothing too noteworthy. I told him we couldn’t know each other too well at school and he was okay with that for now. I hadn’t told him about my father yet either and I’d like to keep it that way if I could. We’d made out a few times but that was as far as we’d taken things; as far as we’d ever get until I agreed to dating. I still felt some lingering responsibilities for Ljoe; to help him get back on his feet. I didn’t want to abandon him when he and his friends needed help the most. I felt like this could be my way of helping them turn over a new leaf.

 

"Secret." he whispered before he kissed me. I may not know how I really feel about Woohyun completely but I loved how his lips moved over mine, his hands finding their way to my hips as he gently pulled me closer to him. My arms curled around his neck as I pressed myself against him. I drew a groan from his lips and I smiled into the kiss before I pulled back. We were panting softly and I reached behind me to grab my drink, my other hand still tickling the back of his neck. I took a sip, eyeing Woohyun as I got more comfortable in his lap.

 

"Mwo?" he spoke softly, taking my drink from me and stealing a sip.

 

I hit him lightly and stole my drink back. "I pay for these." I grumbled, "Hajima."

 

"I pay for your drinks every time you come in." Woohyun answered, "I wouldn’t make you pay in my club. I’m trying to win you over to be my girlfriend, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter