In the Beginning

Better of Two Evils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't understand why Appa sent me to go to school around Hongdae when we lived in a villa in Myeonddong. It was so late to be changing schools but he insisted that I go to the renowned college. Now it would be so great. I had to start all over again. Make friends, catch up on work and all that other ridiculous stuff. No one knew who my Appa was. That he showed up on television at least three times a week spouting things that I didn't care to pay attention to.

I sighed softly as I picked up my schedule and went to drop off my books in my assigned locker before going to class. It seemed that I got to class early so I took out my book bag and sat down. I fiddled with my phone while I waited. I was a straight A student and I listened to what my father said, but that didn't mean I didn't like to have some fun of my own here and there.

Back in Myeongdong, I would always go to Andromeda and had recently met a guy named L.Joe. I would readily admit that I flirted shamelessly. He was cute, and I had time to spend.

We had exchanged numbers and he would text me to ask me if I wanted to go see a movie or whether I would be going to Andromeda this weekend or not. I guess he was cute enough to have a small fling with but I was sure he liked me more than I liked him. I just didn't feel like I necessarily needed to sustain a relationship. But, maybe that was because I didn't feel the emotion of love regularly in my life.

"You're in my seat, beautiful." I suddenly heard and looked up to see a guy raising his eyebrows at me.

My first reaction was that he was attractive. My second was a little less benevolent. "I didn't see you name on the seat. I'm new here." I said and he nodded.

"That's why I haven't seen you before. Well, yeah, I really need my seat. There's some empty seats over there." he smiled. I decided I liked his smile. But there was something about him I couldn't place my finger on.

"Oi! Woohyun. I told you to buy me a bagel for breakfast. Where is it?" A taller guy walked over and it was like they both loomed over me, so I got up.

"In my stomach." Woohyun answered dryly with a hint of a smirk.

"Yah! Nam Woohyun." the taller guy slung his arm around Woohyun's shoulders and pretended to mock punch his side.

"Maybe they're gay." I heard my own voice and I realized it was freudian slip. I'd accidentally said what I was thinking. Woohyun blinked at me shocked. Sungyeol shook his head.

"With him? Never." he chuckled. "But now you need to tell me your name for insulting me like that." the corner of Woohyun's lips twitched.

"Don't do it. Don't fall for that pretty boy." Sungyeol laughed.

"Yah! Sit down!" a loud, clear voice said. I looked up to see a pretty girl standing at the head of the room starting to take attendance. I guessed she was the class president.

"Mianhae." Woohyun said and sat down in the seat I vacated. I picked up my book bag and was trying to figure out a place to sit when he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"She'll get pissed if you don't listen." he winked and pointed to an empty seat nearby and threw me a wink.

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly and I went to sit down.

Class went by without anything else happening. Woohyun was joined by not only his friend from before but five others and they seemed really close. I wondered who they all were. They were attractive to say the least.

"Hi, you're new right? Welcome to the school." a girl sitting near me smiled. I gave her a polite smile back. "Try not to be around Infinite too much. They're the gang of the school, along with Exo." she said.

"Oh." my lips made a shape. "Thanks for giving me advice."

She nodded. "What you're name? Mine is Kim Chaemi." she said.

"My name is Yong Mirae." I said.

"Nice to meet you." she said. She was about to just leave when class ended up but she looked back at me. "Infinite aren't really good guys to hang around but they have one of the most popular clubs in Hongdae. It's friday, ladies masquerade night so a bunch of my girlfriends and I were going. Do you want to come?" she asked.

I was taken aback. I certainly didn't look like the clubbing type so usually people were shocked to find out I frequented Andromeda.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter