They Meet

Better of Two Evils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the door closed behind Woohyun, I couldn't help but feel a slight chill go down my spine.

How did he know it was me?

Before I could finish getting out of the storage closet to ask, my phone went off. Oppa flashed on my screen and I sighed. I watched as Woohyun disappeared around the corner before I answered.

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Yah, are you coming to the club tonight? If not do you want to hang out at my place?"

I rolled my eyes even though I knew he couldn't see, "Wae?"

After the steamy make out session last Friday, making out with L.Joe now seemed pointless. It wasn't that he was bad, it was just that Woohyun was way more skilled. Of course, that should probably make me worried. Chaemi had said Woohyun was a player and at least L.Joe was faithful.

I listened as L.Joe made a sound on the other end before he spoke. "To see me, of course. You promised to watch a movie with me and to tell me how your first day had gone. We couldn't this weekend because of your father's parties."

Had I? I don't remember that...

"Oh, mianhae. We can meet up tonight at the club...Mhmmm...Arraso...Annyeong~"

I hung up as I entered the classroom. My eyes flickered to Woohyun as I gripped my mothers necklace tight in my fist. He wasn't paying attention though, too busy joking with Myungsoo, I think that's what his name was, about something or another. I took my seat just as the final bell rang and our class president took roll call. I answered as she called my name and slipped my necklace around my neck. Chaemi turned around in her seat once her own name had been called.

"What'd you do all weekend? I couldn't get a hold of you."

I smiled softly as I dropped my hands and pulled out my notebooks. "Mianhae. Family errands."

Chaemi made a face and I nodded, "If I could get out of them I would, they are so boring, but I can't."

"Want to hang out tonight then?"

"I'm sorry, I already have plans" I felt genuinly bad for not being able to hang out with Chaemi. She was trying, she just kept getting the moment wrong. "How about tomorrow night?" I asked, smiling.

She nodded, a smile of her growing on her face before my eyes drifted to Woohyun and the others.

"What's up with them? Are they really a gang? They look like a bunch of idiots to me."

Chaemi took a quick intake of breath, her eyes flickering to the boys.

"Yah, I may not like them much but the Infinite hyungs are the best fighters next to us."

I blinked as Chaemi turned back around in her seat fully. I gave the back of her head a annoyed look before my eyes drifted up to a boy with shaggy hair.

"Who are you?" I asked, eyeing him up and down. His shaggy hair and childlike face put him a bit out of place as a college student.

"Chanyeol." He answered, placing a hand on my desk as he leaned close. "Who are you?"

"The new girl." I replied back, my eyes landing on his hand before out of the corner of my eye I could see a few students watching while most were looking the other way. The ones who seemed to be paying the most attention were Woohyun and his friends, along with the class president.

"Yah, Chanyeol knock it off." She spoke before she went back to her things. I poked at his hand after a bit when he didnt move.

"She told you to go." I spoke, my eyes going to his and holding them. If this was going to be a staring contest I'd win hands down. Staring down my father took a lot of steel and this kid didn't even make my legs wobble.

"She called the hyungs a bunch of idiots." He answered, moving to stand back up but still keeping his gaze on me. I shrugged indifferent.

Woohyun laughed and stood up to come over to us. "We are. Now come on, leave the new girl alone."

He steered the taller boy away and I watched as he sat with a group of other students on the opposite side of the room. They were all eyeing me and I stared back at them before I I moved to glance at my phone. What was it with guys and thinking they could always scare a girl?

Classes went by slow, were boring and by the end of the day I was grateful for the driver outside, even if I'd told my father not to bother. Woohyun, who I hadn't heard approach, whistled as my driver opened the door.

"Nice. So you come from money?" He asked leaning on the door and not allowing the driver the chance to close it. I waved him away and he slid back into the drivers seat, giving us stone privacy.

"That's none of your business now is it?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "Let go so I can go home. I have things to do."

Woohyun laughed and it lit up his whole face. I mentally smacked myself. I was dating L.Joe what was wrong with me? Cheating was only something my father and his disgusting friends did.

"Plans with me I hope." He spoke leaning closer to me causing me to press close the car.

"Anni, my boyfriend." I spoke before I pushed him away and took that split second of him being stunned to quickly climb into the car and slam the door shut. As soon as it had my driver was off, taking me back home.

---

I stared at my closet as I scanned my clothes to see what to wear for the club tonight. L.joe would be here in an hour and I needed to be ready. I hated him waiting around the house, he always got my father riled up about something. Which was nice, and I'd keep letting L.Joe do it, if it didn't bug me also.

Finally, I decided on a deep red dress  that dipped low in the front with gold accents. My makeup was done in golds and reds and I'd managed to find a red clutch to use after some digging.

Just as I was slipping on my gold heels my phone went off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter