Realizations

Better of Two Evils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the boys came back, I’d finished my third drink and an hour had passed. I didn’t know what they’d talked about but they’d come back pretty pissed off. L.Joe had grabbed a beer and then practically ignored me even though he had his arms around me. It was evident that they were upset but that didn't mean you should keep downing shots like there was no tomorrow. All though who was I to talk. No one wanted to dance and trying to talk to L.Joe about anything other than plans to get back at Infinite was like talking to a brick wall. Eventually, I gave up trying.

 

“I’m leaving. I’ll find my own way home.” I muttered, shoving a drunk Ricky out of the way so I could leave the booth. The other members were only sober enough to keep plotting and I wasn’t in the mood to hear anymore talk about how they were going to destroy Infinite one day.

 

“Yah, you don’t have too. I’ll-” L.Joe slurred but stopped when I glared at him. I was furious. So much for him wanting to spend time with me, the lying . The Infinite boys ruined my night when they showed up, but the way L.Joe was acting wasn’t making it any better.

 

I grabbed my purse and down the shot Chungjo was going to take. He gave me a look and I pushed his head lightly in response. He swatted at me as I stole one of the boys jackets to use and then left them. I had been hoping L.Joe would come after me as I left throigh the front door but no one came.

 

I hailed a cab and rode home in silence.

 

---

 

I skipped the next few school days, hung over and in no mood to see Infinite and be questioned. I didn't need to hear them threaten me to leave school and I definatly didn't want to face Woohyun.  Chaemi has texted me and after I explaining some of the situation -mainly I'd gotten to hung over with my boyfriend last night- we made plans to hang out this weekend instead.

 

I was laying in bed, trying to study for once, when my phone went off. L.Joe's name flashed across the screen. I sighed before I picked it.

 

"I better hear an apology out of your lips before we even begin talking about last night." I spoke before he even got a chance too. I heard him sigh on the other end.

 

"Mianhae." He spoke, "Happy?"

 

"It'll do. What do you want?" I asked, flipping a page in my book.

 

"Why'd you make out with Woohyun?"

 

"I already told you last night. I went clubbing with some new friends, got drunk and made out with him. It meant nothing."

 

"Did you know who he was?" L.Joe asked, his voice showing a hint of a slur.

 

I paused to really listen to him on the other end of the phone. His breathing was slightly off I noticed.

 

"Are you drunk?" I asked, glancing at my wristwatch. "Jesus, L.Joe its not even 5 in the afternoon. And to you question, yes and no. Yes, I knew they were from Infinite, the girls had told me but no, I didn't know who they were to you and the others. If you maybe clued me in on what was going on, I'd have a better idea of who to steer clear of."

 

"You don't need to know." He answered, "it's better that way."

 

I rolled my eyes at his same old answer. I never got anywhere with what the guys did or how L.Joe made his money besides the club. I never even asked how he paid for school or his car. He didn't have parents like mine.

 

"I'm outside." He breathed and I heard him fiddle with something on the online. A car honked outside and I frowned, sitting up in my bed. I unfurled my legs and slid out, walking to my small balcony and opening on of the doors. I peeked outside in my slippers to see his car on the other side of the street.

 

"Wae?" I frowned, arms crossing over my chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter