Page 5

Wrong Husband

Flash back.

 

“Heejin!” I hugged her.

 

“Sehun, you’re back!” she said then hugged back.

 

“Yes, I came back for you. And I really wanted to say this…can you be my girlfriend?” I said nervously. I’m nervous for her answer.

 

“Aahm..Ye-Yes!” she said then smiled.

 

I hugged her again and attempted to kiss her but she blocked her lips with her finger.

 

“Not now please!” she said laughing then poked my waist.

 

“Arrrg! Okay!” I said then chuckled. “I love you” I said then smiled.

 

“I love you too”

 

And that’s how we started. I can’t say that we’re very romantic couple but I’m really happy with her. Actually, we just meet secretly and it’s hard. We can’t go to crowded places together, go to an amusement park to date and even have a dinner in a restaurant.

 

But I’m still happy being with her, dating inside my car or in places where there are few people. We eat together inside the car, talking and sometimes singing together. Every day with her I daydream about marrying her, having a family and wake up every morning with her “Good morning” and her smile.

 

Still, even though we dated for 2 years, I never kissed her. She never allowed me and keeps saying that I’ll save my first kiss for a wedding. And what hurts is she just told me “I love you” once, that was when I confessed to her.

 

That day. That hurtful day when my parents told me that I will get married to an unknown girl. I don’t even know her! And I love somebody else! But my parents didn’t listen to me. They keep saying that I will learn to love her because they also don’t know each other before their parents told them that they will get married.

 

Yes, I can see that my parents learned to love each other. But it was different from my situation; they don’t have someone they love before the engagement! That’s why it’s easy for them to learn to love each other. And my father even said that he already have a crush on my mother! It’s really different! That’s why their marriage becomes successful because they already know each other.

 

Heejin knew everything. She’s even the one who broke up with me. She left me with hurtful words, “Thank you for everything. I hope you’ll be happy with your wife. Sorry for being a girlfriend that is not sweet and romantic, and you can’t show in public. There’s more…I hope you would forgive me.”

 

She didn’t even cried but left me with a smile. A smile that I never saw before; a smile full of happiness. I keep thinking it’s just a fake. But deep inside I know it’s not.

 

Maybe she’s not happy for being my girlfriend. I hope not.

 

But there’s still hope, when I texted her that I will do my best to get out from this sick marriage and ask her to marry her. And she said “Yes” and I feel hope rushing throughout my body.

 

After that she cut off our communication. But I know she’s waiting for me.