Chapter 8

His FAKE Girlfriend

 

So Min huffed to herself as she stormed towards the school building while Hyun Joong just laughed behind her. ‘How dare he?’ She decided to forgo the idea of flirting. True. Her flirting did attract guy’s attention but that was because they did not recognize her. If they knew she was just plain Jung So Min, they would be shocked and if she is planning to make Hyun Joong fall for her, she should just be her normal self. At least around him. She couldn’t be the nerdish girl in school anymore; she has got his reputation to sustain. Suddenly, she could feel hands wrapping themselves around her waist.

“Come on, So Min. you are giving them the angry girlfriend look. Forgive me, please?” He gave her his puppy eyed look.

“No.” She spoke with finality but he still persisted.

“Please….”

“No.”

“About the college fees, I –”

“Fine! I forgive you.”

“I was about to say; I would love to help you pay for it but you interrupted but never mine. “ He gave her a peck on her forehead and headed off to his class giving people the look of a caring boyfriend but it was all an act to her. She stormed her way to class, the other students staring at her. The guys were drooling and some girls were in awe but most were giving her the ‘evil eye’. Her first class was Biology. It wasn’t her favorite class, but she still aced it. After all, she spent most of her time studying. Since she was early, she decided to choose a seat at the back. As soon as she sat down, the bell rang loud and clear and students started filing in.

“I see we have a new student with us today. What’s your name, dear?” her Biology teacher, Mrs. Andersen said. Although So Min did not like Biology, she likes her teacher. She was a sweet 40 something year old lady but her eyesight was not that good. She always had a pair of glasses dangling around her neck. All eyes were on So Min; wanting to know who she is. Good Lord! Not one of them even recognizes her. Did she change that much?

“Morning Mrs. Andersen, I am not a new student. My name is Jung So Min.” Gasp flew around the room. Even Mrs. Andersen looked a bit shocked but she quickly diminished it.

“Oh, then….well…morning So Min,” Mrs. Andersen greeted her before taking out her books and started teaching. Throughout the lesson, So Min felt everyone’s eyes on her. Of course they will be curious! Why would a nerd suddenly turn gorgeous and managed to shag herself her boyfriend? Not to mention, her boyfriend was the popular guy; Kim Hyun Joong. So Min let out a disgruntled sigh and kept her eyes down throughout the whole lesson.

************

As soon as the bell rang for lunch at 1in the afternoon, So Min bolted for the cafeteria door; wanting to get away from her miserable classes. Classes have always been her favorite time of the day but now she just wanted to get out of it due to the stares and questions. Word has spread around fast and by now, the school knew the gorgeous girl that is Hyun Joong’s girlfriend is none the less Jung So Min. What So Min didn’t know was that the cafeteria was going to be so much worse. If a class has already about 20 students, what would happen if the whole school were there?

As soon as she opened the cafeteria doors, the cafeteria fell silent and just as sudden as it fell silent, conversations resumed again. Hyun Joong rose up from the popular group table and headed over to So Min. He put his arm around her waist and steered her towards their table much to So Min’s dislike.

“Why must we sit there? I don’t really like to sit there. Can I sit on my own?” she asked Hyun Joong but he ignored her but when she tried to break free from his arm grasp; he stopped and turned her sideways to face him and leaned in close. From an outsiders view, they look as though they were just sharing an intimate moment.

“I am paying for your college fees and all I need you to do is act, so will you just do it!” he hissed. He didn’t mean for it to come out so harsh but He Ra was at the table too and she was basically testing his patience already and if he doesn’t turn up with So Min, He Ra would surely continue to bug him. So Min was a bit taken aback by his harsh tone of voice but then her eyes hardened. ‘How could I forget? It was just an act that in return I will get my college fees paid for.’

“Fine. Let’s go, boyfriend.” she hissed back. She let him put his arm back around her waist and plastered a smile unto her face. They headed towards the table and Hyun Joong introduced her to his friends; Lee Min Ho- a Korean guy, Mark- an American guy and Tae Sung who she already knows. The last batch on their table was He Ra and her bunch of cheerleaders. It was real clique to So Min; the jocks and the cheerleaders seat together while the others were not allowed in exemption of So Min.

“What’s the nerd doing here, Hyun Joong?” He Ra sneered.

“In case you have forgotten He Ra, So Min is my GIRLFRIEND and if it is not up to your pleasure, u-”

Hyun Joong has not even finished his sentence when He Ra butted in. “Of course, it’s not up to my pleasure. If it’s up to my pleasure, she wouldn’t even exist.” He Ra huffed.

Hyun Joong glared at her before continuing, “As I was saying, If it is not up to your pleasure, you and your bunch of cheerleaders can haul your asses away from here. Not that I care.” So Min sat next to Hyun Joong. The seat beside her was taken by Mark while Tae Sung sat next to Mark which results in He Ra and the cheerleaders opposite them.

“What?” He Ra replied flabbergasted but Hyun Joong just ignored her.

“Hyun Joong!” He Ra shouted but he continued to ignore her and turned his attention to So Min. He Ra stood up and stormed off followed by her cheerleaders as she was head cheerleader.

“What are you going to eat?” he asked. Throughout the whole entire bantering moment between Hyun Joong and He Ra, So Min have found a bit of comfort in chatting with Tae Sung. She did speak with Mark but he left after a while so Tae Sung was the only one she could talk to.

“I don’t know yet. I’ll go have a look.” She got up from her seat and left towards the canteen lady. In truth, she normally wouldn’t eat at lunch to save money but if she did eat, she would only either get pastries or fruits. Today, she decided to have an apple.

Hyun Joong and Tae Sung stared at her when she came back to the table with only at apple in hand.

“Is that the only thing you are eating?” Tae Sung asked.

“Ya, so?”

“It’s so little.” Hyun Joong and Tae Sung exclaimed.

All So Min replied was that she always eat like this. Hyun Joong remembered So Min’s poorness and concluded that as why she was eating so little. Suddenly he felt bad for showing her that he had plenty of money. More like rubbing it into her face. He looked at his tray of food. He had an extra salad. Maybe he should give it to her.

Hyun Joong wasn’t the only one thinking that way. Tae Sung’s thoughts were running along the same line but just that instead of salad, he had kimchi ramen. Before Hyun Joong could open his mouth to offer it to So Min, Tae Sung beat him to it.

“So Min, do you want this kimchi ramen? I have it as an extra. Do you want?” Tae Sung asked So Min.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to trouble you.” So Min replied. She really didn’t want to trouble him even though his kimchi ramen did look good.

“I am sure. It’s no problem.” Tae Sung confirmed. So Min nodded, took his kimchi ramen and gave him a genuine smile. Tae Sung responded with a smile of his own.

Hyun Joong looked at So Min and Tae Sung and them at his salad. He got up and threw his salad into the dustbin and then headed out of the cafeteria leaving Tae Sung and So Min the only one at the table. He was a bit disgruntled with Tae Sung. After all, So Min is his girlfriend but the overall truth is she is only his FAKE girlfriend. Hyun Joong knew that.

But why did he feel like a tiny thorn is pricking at his heart?

 

Hey! This is Chapter 8. Hope u like it! I was having a bit of a writer block in this chapter so I hope I did it well. I’ve been having writer’s block for the coming chapters so upload may be slow. Sorry but please bear with me. Thanks.

PS: Before I became an Asianfanfic member, I wanted to comment but I couldn’t because I was not a member. I couldn’t be a member because I was not of age. So this is for those non-members: U can email me your comments at my email.[email protected]

PPS: I have already though of the whole story plot so the writer’s block is not because I do not know how the story go but it’s because I am not really sure what to insert and how to tell it. Sorry for my blabbering. Mind me.