Chapter 4

His FAKE Girlfriend

 

‘Who is this girl?’Hyun Joong asked himself. As he looked at her, he realized there was something familiar about her. His eyes widened.

“So Min? Is that you?” he asked in shock.

She nodded and sat down next to him. Hyun Joong could not believe that the person he called an ugly swan just now was actually the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She was just hiding in all those nerd clothes. He couldn’t take his eyes off hers. Where his lips didn’t want to be a while ago was where they want to be now. ‘Gosh, I am crazy. It must have just been because of the makeover. In real, without any make up on, she should not be this pretty, right?’ he asked himself, trying to convince himself that it was because of the makeup and that she was still an ugly duckling.

“Hyun Joong, I know you want to change my image to make me fit your image but this must have cost a bomb so you could have found somewhere cheaper,” So Min said as she crossed her legs.

‘Her legs are so close to mine. We better leave before I lose my control. Kim Hyun Joong, you must focus on your main motive that is breaking up with He Ra. You have never been sidetracked by a girl before, so why start now?’Hyun Joong stood up careful not to have any contact with her crossed legs.

“I have already paid for it anyway, so let’s go,” he said and walked out of the saloon.

“Are we leaving?” So Min asked as she trudged after him.

“No, we have to shop for more stuff. You are not going to be wearing this every day, are you?”

“Of course not! But I have clothes in my room. Why waste money…” she stopped talking when Hyun Joong glared at her.

“You have to fit my image and your clothes are all old fashioned, so just zip your mouth and follow me.”

So Min followed what he said. He looked a bit mean just now that she got scared. She followed after him as they went shop by shop to get her more clothes, shoes and bags. So Min did not realize that Hyun Joong was staring at her most of the time. As they walked, So Min could hear some people whistling when she walked past but she didn’t know they were whistling for her.

“Why are they whistling so much, Hyun Joong? It’s kind of irritating.”

“They are whistling cause you are hot,” Hyun Joong answered her as they entered Vincci.

“I am hot?” So Min asked Hyun Joong as he walked round the store picking shoes for her to try on.

Hyun Joong sighed. “Yes, So Min. After the makeover, you look different. Now, you are hot and that fits my image.”

************

After a few hours of shopping, Hyun Joong decided that it was enough and that he sent her home.

“Where do you stay?” he asked her as they got into the car.

“A block away from the university. I rented a room at someone’s house.”

“A room? Why didn’t you buy a house?”

“Not everyone is as rich as you. Like me, for instance.”

“Umm…okay but who’s the someone.”

“A guy about 40 years old. Why?”

“Why do you stay with a guy that you don’t know? What if he tries to harm you?”

“Well, his rent was the cheapest and the nearest to university.”

‘Is she stupid or what? She reads so many books but she is so dumb. Why would a 40 something guy offer cheap rent to a girl? Gosh!!’

“Jung So Min, listen to me. I will send you home but I will follow you up there and wait for you to pack and then you will come with me.”

“Why do I need to pack? Where are you taking me? We still have classes in university.”

“You are leaving that house and staying with me. Are you stupid? Why would a 40 year old man give you cheap rent if he wasn’t expecting something.”

“Maybe he is nice.” So Min said although she knew it wasn’t true.

“I don’t care. Just go pack and come with me. Now with your makeover, do you think he will hold back whatever he has been waiting for? That is why it is dangerous for you to continue living there.”

“Oh, okay.”

By the time Hyun Joong finished his ‘lecture’, they have already reached So Min’s apartment. Hyun Joong followed So Min to the front of the house as she unlocked the door.

“Let me warn you first Hyun Joong, you might not like this.”

“Just open the door.”

So Min opened the door and the stench of alcohol wafted to their noses.

“I told you you wouldn’t like it.” So Min said as she stepped into the house.

“You knew he was an alcoholic and that he could harm you anytime, but you still lived here?” he questioned her as he clenched his fist. He didn’t know what made him so mad but he was just mad.

“I told you, it’s cheap and near the university,” So Min answered.

A guy around his forties was lying on the couch of the chair. He was the owner of the room that So Min was renting. When he saw So Min enter, his eyes widened. He whistled.

“Who do we have here now? Jung So Min. Why are you dressed like that? Do you want some fun? I have got all the fun. You can join me, So Min,” he said as he got up and put his hands on So Min’s back.

Hyun Joong was so angry that he punched the guy in his face. “So Min will no longer be staying here anymore and for your information, I am her boyfriend so back off!”

Hyun Joong grabbed So Min’s hand and walked out of the house.

“Hyun Joong, I haven’t even packed my stuff. I don’t have my books and my private stuffs.”

“I’ll buy a new set for you. Let’s go!” Hyun Joong said as he started the car.

“Some things are not replaceable, Hyun Joong. Money is not everything,” she said as she pulled her hand from his and ran back to the house.

 

Money is really not everything, right? Love you all who read my stories and even those who don’t.

Bye-bye.