Chapter 5

His FAKE Girlfriend

 

“So Min!” Hyun Joong cried running after her. He caught her hand before she entered the house. So Min was crying.

“So Min, why are you crying?” Hyun Joong asked in shock. He did not know why she was crying.

“Some things are not replaceable, Hyun Joong. Can’t you understand?” So Min said in between tears.

“I am sorry, So Min. Okay, let’s go in again but I will block the guy from coming close to you, okay? Then, you can go and get whatever you need,” Hyun Joong said as he pulled her into his arms. He felt bad for making her cry. His weakness was women crying. He will feel so weak when a girl is crying but no one ever knew his weakness because he never told them. ‘Aish…I know my weakness but why am I hugging her. This is not what I usually do. This is only our first day meeting each other, so why am I doing this?’

So Min was crying too hard to realize that Hyun Joong arms were around her until he finally released her. He took her hand and they walked back into the house.

“Why are you back, huh? I thought you said she was leaving so why come back? So Min, did he break up with you outside of my house that’s why you came back to beg me to let you continue staying here? Forget it! You are never coming back here!” the forty something man said smugly.

“Actually, she is here to pack her stuff, and then we are leaving. Come back here? In your dreams! And by the way, I am still her boyfriend!” Hyun Joong replied, his anger rising.

So Min gripped Hyun Joong hands tightly so that he doesn’t punch the guy again. She just wanted to pack her stuffs and leave. “Hyun Joong, I am going to pack my stuff, and then we will leave. Don’t do any more damage, please?”

Hyun Joong felt her grip on his hand tightened and when she asked him not to do anymore damage, he meekly nodded and turned his eyes to the guy to glare at him.

After So Min packed her stuffs, they left. Hyun Joong took her stuff and put it into the back-seat. ‘Wow, she sure brought a hell load of stuff’, Hyun Joong thought. He sat in the driver seat and started driving to his house.

“Why were you so upset just now? What was the ‘some things that are not replaceable’?” Hyun Joong asked as he saw So Min fidgeting with a small black velvet box.

“I am sorry I cried but it was my parent’s wedding ring,” So Min said as she touched the corners of the box.

“Your parent’s?” Hyun Joong asked in confusion.

“Yes, my parent’s. They died in a car accident when I was three and this is the only memory I have of them.”

Hyun Joong was shocked. ‘Her parents died? No wonder she lived so poorly. What an idiot I am? Making fun of her clothes and saying she was an ugly duckling when she was like that because she was poor. Stupid! Stupid!’

************

So Min could not understand something. She couldn’t figure out why was Hyun Joong so angry just now. After all, this was only the first day, they met each other.

“Hyun Joong, can I ask you something?” So Min turned her face to look at Hyun Joong. ‘Whoa, bad move. He looked so hot like that, what with the sun shining on him and all. Must turn back, must turn back!’ but her body ignored her thoughts and continued facing him.

“Ya, sure. What?” They were almost reaching Hyun Joong’s condo.

“Just now, at my ‘house’, why were you so mad? After all, we are not a real couple and this only the first day we met.” So Min asked.

Hyun Joong was taken aback. He didn’t know how to answer her for he himself did not know why he did that. He just suddenly felt angry. ‘Is it because I am too into the act of being her boyfriend? Ya, I am sure it is because of that.’

“You also said we are not a real couple, so it is just an act. Don’t think too far, okay?” Hyun Joong said and flash her his ‘killer smile’.

So Min caught her breath. He was so hot!! But she got her answer. It was just an act but she didn’t know why she felt a bit disappointed at that.

“I didn’t think too far, okay? Don’t think too highly of yourself, Kim Hyun Joong!” So Min said and flashes him a smile of her own.

Hyun Joong liked her smile. Her hazelnut eyes look somehow brighter when she smiled. “Think highly of myself? Huh! How about we play a game? I will try to make you fall in love with me and you try to make me fall in love with you, okay? I don’t think a nerd and an ugly duckling will succeed in making me fall in love, so you might as well give up,” he smirked. He knew she was no longer an ugly duckling but he is not going to tell her that.

So Min thought for a while about his ‘game’ before asking him “What if I don’t want to play the game?”

“Then I will not pay for your studies but you will have to act as my girlfriend for free.”

“What? No way!”

“So are you game?” He asked her.

‘What do I have to lose? It is only a few weeks to graduation and once he pays my university fees for the year, we will never meet each other again.’Even as her mind worked, she knew that she had something to lose and that was her heart. So Min took a deep breath before answering.

“I’m game.”

 

O.o. Dangerous game…..

Hey people! Tell me whether I can improve it or not, k?