Chapter 9

You Can't Run Forever

Suho POV

“Haerin-ssi, can we ask you something?” I asked Haerin who walked beside me.

“Ya, sure.”

“Who is Kyungsoo?” I asked. She looked at me.

“You don’t know?” I shook my head. “I don’t think Kyungsoo will be pleased if I told you guys about him. He doesn’t like it when people talk about him secretly.”

“You seem to know him very well.” Haerin lowered her head.

“I do. I grew up with him. I am his fiancé.” We frowned at her.

“Kyungsoo has a fiancé?” Chanyeol blurted. “Wow, I can’t believe it.”

“Family arrangement. We were engaged when we were 13 years old.” She smiled.

“That was very young.” I whispered. “So, that’s why you know him so well.”

“I hate him when I knew he is my fiancé. But when I found out about his dark past, my heart broke. I tried to open up for him because I know he needs someone. He holds many secrets deep in his heart but I managed to make him tell me everything.” She explained. “He smiles, but deep inside, he’s crying.”

“I share the same room with him but I don’t have a clue about this.” I muttered.

“He’s very good with masking his feelings. It took me a while to make him open up to me. Besides, he doesn’t trust people easily because he’s been betrayed by people he deem trustworthy before. But, it seems like he’s different with you guys.” She smiled.

“But, he still didn’t tell us about his family.”

“He has a good reason for it.” I looked at her. “He doesn’t want to look weak in front of his friends. He trusts you but he’s afraid that you will blame him if you know the truth.”

“You sure know a lot of things about him.”

“Not everything. He still has some secrets that he doesn’t even tell me. And I know he won’t tell me, ever. But somehow, I know about it.” She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She seems like she already tearing up.

“Haerin-ah!!” I looked to the person who called for Haerin.

“Yes, Chanyoung-ssi?” Haerin smiled at him. Chanyoung seemed to be looking for D.O. “He’s not here.”

“Okay. What are you guys doing?” Chanyoung smiled at us.

“I‘m their tour guide for the day.” Haerin answered. “And I’m sort of telling them about Kyungsoo’s life.”

Chanyoung’s smile disappeared. “You mean his life?” Haerin nodded. Chanyoung sighed.

“Chanyoung-ssi, why don’t you tell us more about Kyungsoo?” I requested. He looked at me before nodded.

D.O POV

I took a deep breath as I arrived at the garden. I smiled as the garden was taken care of. I walked to the lake at the middle of the garden. I sat under the tree not far from the lake. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of the wind blowing the leaves.

“Kyungsoo-ah.” I woke up when someone shook my body. I opened my eyes and saw Suho hyung sat next to me.

“Done with your tour?” I yawned.

“Yupe, the school is amazing.” He smiled. “Of course it’s amazing, it’s my…” I stopped before I could say any further.

“Your dad’s school.” He completed my sentence. I frowned at him. “Haerin and Chanyoung-ssi told us everything.”

Everything?” He muttered. I nodded. He gulped. “So, I guess you know who I am?”

“Yes.” I nodded at him. “Why you don’t tell us that you have a fiancé?”

“She told you that too?” He sighed.

“Congratulations, by the way.”

“Thank you.” He smiled. “This is my playground, by the way. I always come here when I want chill out. Our middle school is just beside this school, so I can come here anytime I want.”

“I think you should talk to your dad.” I said to him after a few minutes of silence. He took a moment before answering.

“I will, when the time comes. When I’m ready.”