Chapter 4

You Can't Run Forever

D.O POV

 

I was very bored at the classroom. Tao was the only one who is in the same class as me because we are in the same year. But, we took different subjects so I’m not with him all the time. We can only be in the class during the main subjects.

 

When the bell rang, I had to wait for someone to pick me after the class because Suho hyung forbid me to walk by my own. He knew that the wound on my leg is still hurting. The day felt very long because I had no interest on studying with a wounded leg.

 

Finally, the school time is over. Suho hyung and I went to the house right away without waiting for anyone else. As we entered the house, Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung were already in the house and currently eating some snacks. It took almost 30 minutes for everyone else to arrive at the house.

 

We were watching the television before the dinner. All of us were in the living room except Lay hyung, Xiumin hyung and Suho hyung who were in charged to prepare dinner as I can’t cook for them for some time. Actually, I can but our leader said that he won’t let me do anything because he wanted me to have some rest. Overprotective much?!

 

I had no interest of watching the television programme that was aired so I played with my laptop that Sehun happily took from my room. They were watching some sort of interview about a man.

 

“Can I ask one question about your son?”

 

“Sure.” The voice. I recognized that voice somewhere.

 

“The news that you are looking for your son is spread worldwide. He ran about 5 years ago, so why are you looking for him now? Why not earlier?”

 

“Actually, he did not run away from home. I was the one who gave him the permission to go. He said he wanted to know how hard life actually is. So, we had a deal. I gave him 5 years to enjoy any life he choose but after that, he must come back and took the responsibilities as DK Empire only heir.” I gulped and looked at the television. So, the voice belongs to my dad.

 

“So, how are you going to find him and make him come back?” I can felt myself waiting for the answer.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve made a mistake before, and I’m afraid that he’s not forgiven me yet. But someday, he will stands beside me and faced the world.”

 

“We’ll be waiting. You can leave some message to your son in case he is watching the show right now.”

 

“I only want to say that I forgive you. I won’t force you to come back but I hope you make a good choice. If you want to enjoy the life that you choose, I’ll let you. I believe one day you will realize and come back. I’m sorry, my son. I broke my promise with your mother that I will take care of you. I’m sorry.” He smiled at the camera. I’m stunned because I didn’t know that he changed this much.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Do. But, can I know what is your son name? So, we can help you to find him.”

 

“Do Kyung Soo.” I looked at the television with wide eyes. I gulped when I saw all eyes in the living room looking at me. I took the remote control immediately and switched off the television.

 

“I’ll be in my room.” I stood and walked to my room slowly ignoring the pain in my right leg. But, the pain in my heart was unbearable. I can’t stop myself from crying when I’m thinking about my dad. The wound in my heart was too deep; it can’t heal even after 5 years.

 

 

 

 

How was it? Any review?