Chapter 10

You Can't Run Forever

A week later,

D.O POV

“Hyung, I’m going out.” I told Suho hyung and Kris hyung who were in the kitchen.

“Where are you going?” Suho hyung asked me as he went after me to the front door.

“DK Empire.” I answered simply as I wore my shoes.

“So, you’re ready?” He asked.

“I think so. I guess it’s time.” I smiled at him.

“Then, you should hurry. Otherwise, you’ll be late.” He joked as he patted my shoulder.

“Thank you for everything, hyung.” I said to him with a sad tone.

“Why? It’s not like you’re not coming back.”

“It’s depends on my dad. I promised him and I’m not the type of person who breaks my own promise.”

“I’m sure he will approve you as a singer.”

“My dad is different.” I stuttered. Suho hyung smiled and patted my shoulder.

“But, he loves you.” I nodded and bowed at him before walking out of the house.

I drove my car to DK Empire building. I took a deep breath before entering the main entrance. I walked to the front desk.

“Is Mr. Do Kang Hyun around?” I asked the staff.

“I’m sorry. Do you have any appointment with him?” She asked me.

“I don’t think I need any appointment with my own dad.” I smiled at her.

“Are you Do Kyung Soo? The only heir of DK Empire?” She frowned.

“Yes, I am. So, can I meet my dad?”

“Sure. He’s in his room in the 47th floor.” She smiled.

“47th? Oh my god, that’s high.” I sighed. “And don’t inform him that I’m here.” She bowed at me.

I walked to the elevator and entered the elevator alone. I leaned in the elevator and waited for me to arrive at the 47th floor. When the door opened, I frowned at the sight of the floor. The design was very elegant and stylish.

I stepped out of the elevator and headed to the front desk where a girl was working.

“Hello, miss. Where is Mr. Do Kang Hyun’s room?” I asked her.

“Walked straight and turned left at the end of the hallway.” She pointed to the left hallway.

“Thank you.” I bowed at her.

I walked to my dad’s room according to the direction that the girl told me. When I arrived in front of the door of my dad’s room, I stood and frowned at the name on the door: Do Kang Hyun, CEO of DK Empire

I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door.

“Come in.” I opened the door and stepped inside. My dad didn’t look at me as he was busy with the file on his table. “Yes?”

“Hey, dad.” I greeted him. He looked at me and stood up immediately.

“Kyungsoo?!” I walked to him and bowed properly.

“I’m sorry for everything.” I said to him. He grabbed my shoulders and hugged me. My jaw dropped.

“Kyungsoo-ah, I miss you. I’m the one that should be apologizing to you. You’re not the one who makes mistakes.” He said to me. I didn’t realize that my tears were dripping down my cheeks. He released me from the hug. Apparently, he cried too.

“I’m sorry I took such a long time to come back.” I lowered my head.

“It’s okay, my son. At least, you came back.” He dragged me with him and sat on the sofa.

“When your mom died, I shouldn’t have blamed you for her death. It’s not your fault at all. I’m sorry, my son.” My dad kept on apologizing.

“It’s okay, dad. You just can’t control your emotion when mom left us. I understand your feeling.” I smiled sadly at him.

“But, I don’t understand your feelings. I should have know that you’re the one who suffered the most because of your lost, your mom along with your dad. I completely ignore you when you need the most attention. I am a failure as your dad.”

“No, dad. You’re not a failure. I don’t blame you for anything.” I said to him slowly. I hugged him again as I cried on his shoulder. Finally, the burden in my heart was lifted but it didn’t completely disappeared because the pain of the past still haunted me.

“Now, forget the past and embrace the future. We shouldn’t burden ourselves with our past. We should fill our future with happiness.” I said to my dad with a smile.

“You are good with words. Just like before.” My dad chuckled. He tickled my stomach causing me to laugh.

“Stop!!! Please STOP!!” I managed to say through my laughter. My dad stopped and I gasped for air.