Chapter 7

You Can't Run Forever

D.O POV

I knocked at the door of the administration room.

“Come in.” A familiar voice was heard from inside the room. I gestured for Suho hyung to open the door as he is the leader.

“Come in and have a seat.” The man told us. I looked down to my feet because I’m not ready to face the man, my dad’s secretary. I recognized his voice from the beginning. Suho hyung dragged me to sit beside him.

“Hello, everyone. I’m the principal of this school, Hwang Min Hyuk. But, most of the time, people recognize me as the secretary of the CEO of DK Empire, Do Kang Hyun.” Minhyuk ahjushi introduced himself. “Anyways, welcome to Empire High.”

“In this school, you can pick any subjects that you want, but for you guys, dance and vocal are your main subjects. So, it is compulsory for you to take those two subjects. Other than that, you can choose on your own.” Minhyuk ahjushi explained. I can sense his eyes staring at me but I don’t care.

“You can go now. I’ll send someone to show you around the school and to help you guys to pick the subjects. Have a nice day.” All of us stood and bowed before headed to the door. I was too rushed that I stepped using my right leg and put too much force to it; it hurts. I yelped slowly. Somebody rushed to help me.

“Kyungsoo-ah. Slow down. Your leg is not fully healed yet.” Suho hyung helped me to stand properly. Actually, I leaned to him and let him support me completely.

“Are any of you hurt?” I heard Minhyuk ahjushi asked. I prayed that the others said no but the gods totally denied my request when I heard Kris hyung answered.

“Yes, our D.O here hurt his leg.”

“Really?” Minhyuk ahjushi walked away. “Help him to sit on the chair. I’ll call our private nurse.”

Suho hyung helped me to sit on the chair. I wanted to run from the room but god totally denied my wish. I sighed as I leaned on the chair.

“You guys can go now. I’ll accompany him.” Minhyuk ahjushi told the members. I saw the members nodded and walked out of the room one by one. I wanted to stop them but at the same time, I don’t want them to be bored at their new school. I watched them leave with a sad eyes as someone tapped my shoulder. I looked to my side and saw Suho hyung stood beside me, smiling.

“Don’t be sad, I’ll be with you.” He said with a warm smile. I smiled at him.

“Thank you.” I told him. Minhyuk ahjushi walked toward us so I lowered my head.

“Suho-sshi, can you help to remove the bandage?” Minhyuk ahjushi kneeled in front of me and removed the bandage with Suho hyung help. I almost yelped when Minhyuk ahjushi accidently touched the wound.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. “How did you get this wound?”

“Scratched by a knife. The knife slipped from his hand and … This happened.” Suho hyung answered as he gestured at my leg.

The door opened and a doctor with two nurses entered the room. Minhyuk ahjushi stood and signaled them to me. The doctor treated my wound gently but it still hurts. I bit on my lips to prevent myself from yelping through the pain. Suho hyung sometimes chuckled when I yelped. I can clearly saw Minhyuk ahjushi laughed as my girly-voice came out of my mouth. I sighed when the doctor and the nurses left the room after treating my leg.

“How was it? Did it hurt, little girl?” Suho hyung chuckled at me. I glared at him.

“Hyung, I’m hurt. Can you please stop teasing me?” He laughed even more.

“No way. It’s too funny. Why do you kept on yelping with your girly voice?”

“Hyung!!” I hit his arm to stop him from laughing.

“He’s right, Kyungsoo. You yelp like a girl over little thing.” Even Minhyuk ahjushi laughed at me.

“Ahjushi, do you want me run again? Or do you wish me to stay this time?” I asked him with a cold tone. He and Suho hyung stopped laughing when they noticed that I’m serious.

“Do Kyung Soo, even if you run away again this time, your father surely won’t let you get away again.” I stared at Minhyuk ahjushi serious face. I chuckled.

“Ahjushi, you almost make me believe that you change into serious mode. But, I won’t fall into your trap.” He smiled at me. But, Suho hyung was completely confused.

“It’s because you still a little kid, little Kyungsoo.” Minhyuk ahjushi hugged me.

“I’m not a kid anymore.” I whined at him as he released me from his hug.

“I’m sorry you had to watch this stupid reunion.” Minhyuk ahjushi smiled at Suho hyung.

“You know each other?” Suho hyung finally asked. I knew he had thousands of questions running in his head.

 

“I work for his dad.”