Chapter 1

You Can't Run Forever

D.O POV

I was playing with my friends at the park. My mom and my dad waved at me as I looked at them who were sitting on the bench.

“Kick the ball, Kyungsoo!” My dad shouted at me.

I nodded at him and kicked the ball. But, the ball went too far to the road. I ran to get the ball. Someone pushed me to the middle of the road as I was picking up the ball. Then, I heard a scream coming from behind me and a loud crash.

“Soohee!” I heard my dad yelled. I got up and turned around.

My mom was on the road, lying in a pool of blood. My dad was hugging my mom and begging her to stay alive. Suddenly, my legs feel weak and I kneeled beside my mom. I stared at my mom and a tear suddenly fall from my eyes.

“Mom! Mom!” I shook her hand. She turned to face me and gave me a sad smile.

“Kyungsoo-ah, promise me something.” She asked slowly while gasping for air

“Anything, mom.” I cried.

“Promise me that you will be good for your father.” She smiled as tears escaped her eyes. “And take care of yourself.” Then, her eyes closed with a smile on her face.

I shook her body. “Mom, please don’t leave me! Mom!”

“Mom!”

I woke up and sat up almost immediately. Tears fell from my eyes.

“I will, mom.” I whispered slowly as I wiped the tears off my face before taking a deep breath and smiled slightly. I looked Suho hyung who was still sleeping on his bed, I got off the bed and went to the mirror.

I made sure that there was no tears on my face because I knew some of them were already outside. I went to the toilet and washed my face. I went to the kitchen and saw Sehun and Luhan hyung drinking some juice from the refrigerator.

“Morning, hyung.” Sehun smiled at me as I entered the kitchen.

“Morning.” I said to him too. “What do you want to eat for breakfast today?”

“Anything. Because when you cook, everything will be delicious.” Sehun said as he clinged on Luhan hyung’s arm.

“Really?” I narrowed my eyes at him. He walked to me and clinged onto me too.

“Yah-Oh Sehun, why do you go to Kyungsoo? You don’t love me anymore?” Luhan hyung teased Sehun. Sehun stucked out his tongue at him as he ran to the living room.

“Kids.” I muttered as Luhan hyung ran after Sehun.

Kris hyung and Suho hyung entered the kitchen. “Morning.” They greeted me as they sat at the table.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Suho hyung asked me as I searched the refrigerator for food.

“You needed rest.” I said to him as he yawned.

“As if you don’t.” He muttered. I laughed at him.

‘Yes, hyung. I need rest but I can’t because there’s something bothering me. I’m sorry for lying.’ I said in my mind. I promised that one day they will know the truth out of my mouth.

“Hyung, newspaper is here.” Sehun ran to the kitchen with a newspaper in his hand. He put the newspaper on the table before heading to the living room again. Suho hyung took the newspaper and read it as I cooked the meal for them. Fortunately, Lay hyung came to help me.

“Wahh, the son of this man is truly lucky to have a very rich family.” Suho hyung suddenly said randomly.

“Who?” Kris hyung asked him.

“His name is not mentioned but his family I looking for him. It said here that the boy ran from home. I don’t understand kids this day, they have everything but they still wants to leave their parents.” Suho hyung said.

“Maybe he had some problems with his parents.” I defended the boy.

“Maybe he does but it said here that the boy ran 5 years ago. It’s a long time and anything can change within that time.” What Suho hyung said makes me remember of myself and my dad.

“I guess he wanted to proof something to his dad.” I mutterd slowly without thinking.

“Dad? How do you know that his father is the one who’s looking for him?” Suho hyun stared at my blanked face.

“Ah… you said it earlier.” I tried to make an excuse. Fortunately, he believed it and nodded at me.

“But, the father’s company sure is big. I heard that the company entered the international market easily.”

“What company is it?” Kris hyung suddenly asked. I continued to cut the vegetables with the knife as Lay hyung prepared the meat.

 

“DK Empire.”