Chapter 3

You Can't Run Forever

D.O POV

“I’ve told you that I’m fine. See?” I said to them in the car after we got out of the hospital.

“I don’t believe what you said, little owl. I just believe what the doctor said.” Kris hyung snapped at me.

“Whatever.” I stucked out my tongue at him. He pinched both my cheeks as revenge. “Ahhh!”

Kris hyung and all the others laughed. I can only pout and smile at them. I looked out the window because I sat beside it. Suddenly, I saw an advertisement about DK Empire on one of the big buildings.

“I’m sorry, dad.” I muttered to myself. I guess you don’t need me anymore.

“Sorry? What are you talking about?” Suho hyung asked me. I guess he heard what I said.

“Nothing. Something crossed in my mind.” I smiled at him.

“You’re fortunate that we’ve finish our comeback stage. If we haven’t finished it, we’re doom without the main vocal.” I chuckled.

“Someone else can cover my part. I’m sure you, Baekhyun, Luhan and Chen can cover it up for me.” I smirked at him.

“We can but it’s not the same with the real vocal.”

“Okay, I get that.” I said to him.

“So, how’s your leg?” He pointed at my bandaged leg.

“It hurts, but I can handle that.”

“Okay, make sure you take care of the wound because we need our main vocal.”

“I know, hyung. Stop insinuating me.” I said to him. He chuckled at me.

“We’re going straight to the dorm and have some rest because tomorrow will be a busy day for us as we have to go to school again since we finished our comeback stage.” Suho hyung stated.

“Okay.” I looked outside again. Suddenly, I felt very tired so I rested my head properly and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes slowly when someone shook my body.

“We’re arriving at our dorm. So, let’s go.” Suho hyung said to me.

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep.” I smiled at him. He helped me as I got out of the car. The others already got out of the car and the only one who’s left was Suho hyung and me.

Suho hyung helped me to walk to the elevator. I winched as I put too much pressure on the right foot.

“Be careful.” Suho hyung said to me as he helped me. He opened the door of our dorm and helped me to go inside before he pushed the door using his foot.

Suho hyung helped me to sit on the sofa besides Sehun.

“Take care of him.” Suho hyung said to Sehun as he went to the kitchen.

The next day,

“Kyungsoo-yah. Wake up.” Suho hyung wake me up as he dressed himself with the school uniform.

“Hyung.” I called him.

“How’s your leg? Can you go to school? Or you want to stay at the studio waiting for us?” He asked me as I sat on the edge of my bed.

“I don’t want to stay alone. I’ll be bored.” I pouted at him.

“If that so, go take a shower and wear your school uniform. Please hurry up or we’ll be late.” He reminded me as I walked to the bathroom slowly with my still-hurting leg.

I took a short shower and wore my school uniform before heading towards the kitchen with my bag on my shoulder. The others were already having their breakfast as I entered the kitchen.

“Morning.” I greeted them. They smiled at me as they continued to eat their breakfast.

“Today, you’ll ride with me. I won’t allow you to drive on your own.” Suho hyung said to me.

“Okay. Sehunnie, you want to use my car?” I asked. His face lighten when I mentioned my car.

 

“Really? Of course.” He smiled happily.