Chapter 2

You Can't Run Forever

Lay POV

“What company is it?” Kris hyung suddenly asked. D.O continued to cut the vegetables with a smile while I prepared the meat.

“DK Empire.” Suho hyung replied. The sound of the knife hitting the cutting board stopped and was replaced by the sound of something fall on the floor.

I looked to D.O who frowned at the vegetables. Both of his hands were shaking. The fingers on his right hand were bleeding. I looked down to the floor and saw the knife he used with some blood on it. I left my spot and immediately went to D.O who was still frowning.

“D.O-yah. Are you okay? Your fingers are bleeding.” I said to him. He looked at me for a few seconds before he looked away at the fallen knife. I noticed his eyes on the verge of tears but he tried to hide it away.

“I’m fine. The knife slipped out from my hand.” His voice sounds very different. I dragged him to the table where Suho hyung and Kris hyung was sitting. I pushed D.O to sit on the chair.

“Luhan-hyung, can you get me the first aid kit?” I said to Luhan hyung who walked past the door. He nodded slowly before walking away.

“D.O, you should be more careful. Knifes are dangerous, you know.” Suho hyung sat next to D.O.

“I know. The knife just slipped from my hand and scratch my leg.” D.O answered carelessly.

“Your leg?” I looked down to his leg and saw a long line of bloody wound. “Oh my god, you really need to go to the hospital!”

“I’m fine, hyung. Besides, these small injuries will not kill me.” He smiled at us but I know he hid the pain behind his smile.

“No, you’re not fine. We’re going to the clinic after breakfast.” Kris hyung said with his stern voice. I saw D.O gulped and nodded at Kris hyung. Suho hyung chuckled at D.O cuteness.

Luhan hyung came to the kitchen with the first aid kit in his hand. He handed Suho hyung the box and sat besides Kris hyung.

“D.O-yah, you should be more careful when using a knife.” Luhan hyung said to D.O. D.O sighed because he knew he’s going to hear the same sentence all the day.

“I know, hyung.” D.O managed to say. I wiped the blood at his fingers and put some band aids on it. Then, I helped Suho hyung to clean the wound on his right leg which located under the knee. The length of the wound was almost 15 cm and its quite deep.

When Suho hyung applied the medicine on the wound, D.O flinched. “Ow ow. Be gentle.” He pleaded.

“I won’t because it’s your fault that you have this wound. So, bear with it.” Suho hyung replied. I chuckled as I saw D.O pouted at Suho hyung.

“Yah-hyung, it’s not for laugh. So, stop laughing at me or I won’t cook for you anymore.” D.O glared at me. Suho hyung purposely pressed his wound. D.O yelped with his girly voice. All the members in the kitchen laughed.

“Serves you right.” Suho hyung muttered.

“Hyung, I’m hurt here.” D.O pouted again. But this time he gave up and rested his head on the table as we bandaged his wound.

When we were done with the bandage, I saw D.O already fallen asleep. His face seemed at peace. When Suho hyung wanted to wake him up, I stopped him.

 

“Don’t wake him up. Besides, we don’t have any schedule for today. Wake him up after I’m finished with the food.” I said to Suho hyung who nodded at me as I walked to cook the meals for them.