Chapter 8

You Can't Run Forever

D.O POV

“I’m sorry. WHAT?!” Suho hyung asked. “You work for his dad?”

“Yes.” Minhyuk ahjushi answered with a sigh.

“Who are you?” Suho hyung narrowed his eyes at me. I chuckled at him.

“I’m a human, of course. I’m not a vampire or a werewolf, for sure.” I laughed at him. He was clearly annoyed by my jokes. “I’m sorry.” I lowered my head.

“Don’t mind little Kyungsoo.” Minhyuk ahjushi smiled at Suho hyung. “I bet you know who Kyungsoo really is.”

“No, I don’t.” Suho hyung answered slowly.

“He is…”

“The son of some rich people.” I said without any hesitation. At the same time, the door opened and all the remaining members of EXO entered the room. I gulped because all of my friends already know about my real identity. I only want to tell Suho hyung but at the same time, all of my friends knew about it too.

“Who’s son?” Suho hyung stuttered. I smiled bitterly at them who frowned at me.

“I’m sorry. I’m not ready, yet.” I lowered my head because I felt very guilty for keeping this a secret.

“It’s okay.” Suho hyung patted my shoulder.

“Okay, then. Today is your first day here. So, have fun. Kyungsoo-ah, have you meet Chanyoung?” Minhyuk ahjushi asked me.

“Yupe, he’s still with his ‘playboy’ thingy.” I nodded. Minhyuk ahjushi chuckled.

“He’s no better than his dad.”

“I know. But, he’s the best cousin ever.” I smiled brightly. I stood with Suho hyung support. “Ahjushi, I’m going first. I’m going to show them around.”

We bowed at him before we walked out of the room.

“So, where do you want to go?” I asked them.

“Anywhere you take us.” Suho hyung replied. We stopped walking when a girl approached us. I recognized her as my classmate during the middle school.

“Excuse me, you guys are the new students right?” She smiled at us.

“Park Hae Rin?” I smiled at her. She smiled and bowed at me.

“I thought you didn’t recognize me anymore since you are an idol now.” She smirked playfully.

“I’m not that arrogant, you know. You are my friend, before, now and forever.” She chuckled.

“Whatever. It’s so cheesy!” She rolled her eyes at me. “I’ve got your schedule here. I’ll be your tour guide for today and help you to choose your subjects.” She handed us the paper.

“Don’t we have any class for today?” I asked her while eyeing my schedule.

“No. But, I do. And I have to skip my classes for today just to be your tour guide.”

“You don’t wish to be our tour guide?”

“No. I don’t mean it like that. I just… Ugh…” She shook her head. “I would love to.”

“Good. Now, let’s go to the studio. I want to see the new studio. Can you take us there?”

“Of course. I should have known that the studio will be your first destination.” She muttered under her breath with a sigh. “Let’s go, then.”

“Welcome to the music section. There are 10 studios in this hallway. We can use all the studios except the biggest studio. I don’t know why but the studio is forbidden for students.” She explained.

“Wow, the school had improved so much.” I smiled. “I will ask Minhyuk ahjushi about the studio.”

“Good.” She answered.

“Haerin-sshi, please show them around the school.” I smiled at her.

“Them? What about you?” She asked.

“I’m going to the garden at the back of the school.” She sighed.

“I should have know, you and the garden can never be separated.” I chuckled.

“It seems like you still remember about me.”

“You are my best friend. You understand me better even when the others hate me before. I can never forget what you’ve done for me.”

“Thank you.” I smiled at her. “Guys, I’ll be at the garden. Find me there after you guys finish with your tour.”

“Be careful. Can you walk alone to the garden?” Suho hyung asked me with a worried face.

“Yes, I can. Besides, I know the shortest way to the garden.” I saw Haerin chuckled. “Why, Haerin-ssi?”

“Nothing. See you soon.” She smiled before brought the others with her.

 

I smiled at them before I walked to the nearby elevator.