New Beginnings

Hidden

            The city of Busan was lighting up the night sky with light colors of yellow against a dark canvas. Cars honked impatiently while people huddled up close to keep warmth in a frigid winter. Everyone seemed to be shopping and preparing for the holiday season coming up. Gift bags and wrapped presents were being carried in so many hands that it was hard to imagine not buying goodies for a loved one. It was nearing seven o’clock at night, and the temperatures were dropping more and more.

            Baekhyun dug his chin deeper into his pashmina scarf trying to retain as much heat as he could. He was currently passing the college he graduated from with a master’s degree under his belt. It’s only been two years since graduation, but that seems so long ago. There was a time where Baekhyun didn’t think he’d finish college, because his life had been flipped upside down when he came face to face with his real father. Though that was four years ago, and those memories are slowly being pushed back into his mind.

            So much has changed since those dark days. Baekhyun was now conducting shows with an orchestra that performed in the opera house down a few blocks from Pusan National University. Whenever he’d go to put on a show, his boyfriend would be awaiting the finale with a small bouquet of roses fresh from the florist. Chanyeol was a very romantic man despite his always busy schedule. The two have been dating for almost five years now, but live in a modern home near the shores of the beach. After making two successful movies, Chanyeol bought himself and his boyfriend a beautiful new house closer to their village they grew up in.

            After the massacre in Bongha, it took almost four months to clear out all blood stains and bodies from the streets of the farm land. The public found out that President Byun had ordered the army to shoot all residents after his son Baekhyun had been found. This of course was brought to everyone’s attention after the sudden and mysterious death of the president. His autopsy report showed failure of blood to reach his heart, which was unusual for a man who was perfectly healthy. Only Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and his mother Shi-ra knew how the monster was put to rest.

            Despite what happened to the village years ago, it was becoming one of the most popular tourist attractions to visit. Most homes that once belonged to people changed to stores and hotels. People from around the world were flying in to visit the wonderful farm land and experience the peaceful side of South Korea. In between the wheat fields and cattle fields is a graveyard for all of those who lost their lives to the tragic shoot out. Baekhyun made sure that Minseok and Jongdae had their graves close together so that they will forever be by each others side.

            Baekhyun sat down in a warm coffee shop shaking the thought of his home town out of his head while he sipped on some steaming hot cocoa. Every face that passed by looked unfamiliar and completely new. No one stopped to look at the man watching out the window. They all just kept passing in groups. Off in the distance was a tall figure walking down the busy streets. Some people were stopping to look at his handsome face that they had seen in the movies. He nodded at them while pulling his hat down past his ears that were turning red from the cold air. Baekhyun grabbed the second cup of untouched cocoa and ran outside to that same man.

“Hello my love,” Chanyeol smiled wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

“Hey you! Here have some of this, it’ll warm you up.”

            Chanyeol grabbed the warm cup into his freezing hands and took a large gulp before focusing on his boyfriend. Baekhyun was looking up smiling as they began their short walk home. About a year ago, the two purchased a beautiful modern beach side home. There were windows placed all over the house allowing the beautiful ocean colors into the rooms. Chanyeol really was the one who paid for the home since his movie was a great success, but he pretended that Baekhyun helped pay for the house just as much.

            The two loved living far from Bongha and all its terrible memories. Though they were still close enough to visit their best friends and family who were resting in peace. Shi-ra occasionally visits about twice a week if she doesn't have that much to do. Ever since Jun-ha died, that woman became the happiest person on earth. She opened up a boutique like she had dreamed of for many years. Designers were flocking to her begging to have just one of their pieces in her store. It was nice to see Shi-Ra's great success.

            Baekhyun snuggled closer to Chanyeol as he got to see their home appear in their vision. One of his favorite things about their home was the massive wooden deck the stretched far into the ocean. At the end of the deck was a loading dock where Chanyeol kept his boat out all year long. Almost every single summer night the couple would invite friends over to have parties out on the deck and inside the massive home if it got too hot out. Though since it’s only December, Chanyeol only goes out there to contemplate. On the occasion Baekhyun would go out and join him against the freezing winds.

            The golden key that slide carefully into the lock clicked as the front door opened and the two stepped inside feeling their bodies get wrapped with comfortable heat. Chanyeol took off Baekhyun’s jacket first, placing it neatly on the coat rack before he adjusted his own scarf tighter. He loosened just one button before heading towards the back door that lead to the beautiful deck.

“Baek I’m going out on the deck for a bit. Want to join me?”

“I’m just going to wash my face first. I’ll be out in five minutes, love.”

            Chanyeol expected that response nearly exactly how his boyfriend said it. The second Baekhyun comes home, he washes his face before making dinner no matter how late it is. They will always eat dinner together. Though tonight was going to be different than the similar nights they usually have. As quickly as he could, Chanyeol ran to the kitchen grabbing the box of matches in the drawer beneath the sink. His manager Kyungsoo had stopped by earlier strategically placing 100 candles out on the deck. Kyungsoo was definitely a hopeless romantic, so Chanyeol felt safe allowing the young man to place these special candles out on the deck. The tall man lit almost all of the wicks before he saw about twenty candles out at the edge of the deck. There was a note from Kyungsoo saying to light these and place them carefully in the water. They will stay lit just as long as they don’t get thrown into the water.

            Chanyeol listened and did just as he was told. Suddenly the candles spread out into the water allowing a glisten to shine in the calm waters. Baekhyun slid open the glass door buttoning up his jacket then looking up to see Chanyeol smiling at him. There was a gorgeous orange glow surrounding the entire wooden deck and even in the ocean. Candles lit nearly every inch of the perimeter of the wood while his handsome boyfriend simply stood looking at him with that gorgeous smile.

“Yeol,” Baekhyun laughed nervously. “What is this all about?”

“Oh it’s nothing really,” Chanyeol smirked jokingly.

            Baekhyun felt his hand get locked into his boyfriends while he was pulled out farther on the deck. Chanyeol’s hands seemed to be shaking a bit, but once they stopped walking his body was wrapped into warm arms before kisses began to be shared. They could both feel a passion that didn’t need to be pointed out, it was something that came naturally. Chanyeol let go, holding the sides of his lovers face before opening his nervous lips.

“Baekkie, I know that within these past six years, we’ve been through so much. There were days that we almost lost each other either because we had guns pointed to our heads or when the depression set in. No matter how lost I felt after everything that happened with our families, you were always there to save me. I would be dead without you.”

“W-well that’s what boyfriends do,” Baekhyun smiled nervously.

“You’ve gone above and beyond what boyfriend’s are supposed to do. I am the luckiest guy on earth to be spending my everyday with you. And I want that for the rest of my life. You can’t be my boyfriend anymore…”

            Chanyeol looked down at his coat pockets after he finished his sentence. Baekhyun felt his heart sink deep into his stomach hearing that Chanyeol no longer wanted to be with him anymore. After all the death and traumatic experiences they’ve gone through together, Chanyeol was ready to leave now, six years into their relationship. Baekhyun looked back up to try and convenience his boyfriend to stay, but Chanyeol wasn’t in his direct line of vision. He was kneeling down on one knee with a goofy smile holding a black velvet box in his hands. Inside the box was a simple white gold ring with dark black diamonds all throughout it. Baekhyun felt tears forming in his eyes and his heart being lifted with joy.

“You can’t be my boyfriend anymore because I want you to be my husband. I want you to spend the rest of your life with me. Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

“Of course I’ll marry you,” he laughed as the tears poured from his eyes.

            The couple shared a kiss while their bodies stayed warm with love and heat from the gleaming candle lights. No matter what life threw at these young men, they found ways to make their relationship work. Even if that meant making major lifestyles changes, they sacrificed everything just to be in love. Though that’s what love makes people do. And this couple was no exception to perks of being in love. Baekhyun and Chanyeol allowed their feelings to be hidden for years, but now there was no hiding what is true. The truth being that forever Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun will be in love for the rest of their lives.

 

----

And thus we conclude Hidden \(u.u)/ I hope that was an enjoyable story for you to read just as much as it was for me to write! Thank you for getting this far and finishing with me :3

 

Don't fear because I do have more Baekyeol coming your way! My newest fanfic has a little trailer I made so check it out :D

 

Misconceptions (Coming February 2014)