Tables Turn

Hidden

            A crowd of some thousand people were standing and screaming in anger on the front lawn of the president’s home. Three rows of security personnel were blocking the people from advancing forward to get a closer peek at the newest member of the family who essentially ruled the country. Baekhyun grabbed his mother’s hand in fear seeing all the people trying to move close to him amidst screaming their hate towards Bongha. The only way to set truth free was if someone in Bongha had lived through the massacre and spoke out to these people. Jun-ha raised his hand to silence the voices to continue with a speech that grew deeper with lies.

“Our army is kind, loving, and compassionate to our own country men. Despite the blindside from Bongha, we tried all that we could to leave survivors. Only two young men lived, and twenty three very young children under the age of five. Those children are now being treated at the Seoul University Hospital for minor injures,” Jun-ha spoke with fake concern. “The two men who survived were my own son and his best friend who is with us today. Chanyeol please come here and greet the country.”

            For a few seconds Chanyeol stood still on his feet just staring a Jun-ha from behind the doors. What was the purpose of showing his face to people who don’t care about him at all? It was almost like another torture sentence from Jun-ha, only this time the whips weren’t present. The man who had stopped him from attacking the president earlier now pushed him out onto the balcony. People clapped and cheered screaming thank you, as if he had saved Baekhyun’s life. His boyfriend reached out his hand signaling for him to move closer. Chanyeol interlocked his fingers with Baekhyun’s staring back at all the eyes that were focused on him. He wasn’t Baekhyun’s best friend. They were boyfriends. Jun-ha was literally going to lie his way through everything.

“Please let’s hear a few words from my handsome son, Jitae.”

            Suddenly the crowd grew so quiet that the tree branches crashing along with the wind made all the noise. Baekhyun had always lived to be in front of people whether it was for school plays or singing apart of his choir. Though having a singing solo was nothing in comparison to this moment. He had the chance to reveal to the country what a sick man his father truly was. With feet feeling like bricks, he advanced towards the podium, turning around to see Chanyeol nod at him. That was all he needed to see make sure that speaking the truth was okay, until Dr. Hwang stepped behind Chanyeol holding a syringe filled with purple liquid, the same syringe that contained enough power to kill the love of his life. Baekhyun whipped his head forward back at the crowd to speak.

“H-hello everyone, my name is Byun Jitae,” he quietly spoke. “It’s honor to see you all with my family standing behind me after being lost for so many years. I’m truly very happy.”

            Chanyeol widened his eyes in shock that Baekhyun wasn’t speaking out against his father. He was going to ride along with the lie that Bongha was a violent village and that his family was murdered for nothing.

“I’d like to apologize for making the army search for so many years, but I didn’t know that I was the president’s only son. Our family members in the service can now go home and rest after what happened in my hometown. Please, let’s all move forward from here.”

            He stepped back towards Chanyeol reaching for his hand to hold once again. This time Chanyeol smacked away Baekhyun’s hand without even looking at him. His breathing was heavy with anger, and the eyes that glared forward indicated that he was ready to explode. The president went on with a speech about how the country will move on from this point, and a whole bunch of other things Baekhyun couldn’t remember. He was too distracted by how ignored he felt by Chanyeol.

            After fifteen more minutes, the family returned into the home while the crowd all disappeared off their front lawn. Chanyeol stormed out the room nearly knocking Shi-ra and Baekhyun over while slamming the door shut. Baekhyun turned to his mother with eyes filled with tears. She didn’t speak to him as she herself was shocked at how her husband tactfully lied about his mass murder. He left the room running after Chanyeol who slammed their bedroom door shut. Baekhyun could feel his head pounding with pain, but that wasn’t nearly as important as speaking to his boyfriend. He tore open the door seeing Chanyeol squeezing clumps of his hair in his hands kicking an empty box violently. Their eyes connected and he charged towards Baekhyun slamming him against the wall, his head hitting first. Baekhyun looked down squinting in both pain and fear.

“What the was that Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol screamed. “Did Minseok and Jongdae die because they were shooting at the army?! Is that what really happened or did I ing see my best friends die in cold blood?! My mother was shot in her head, because she shot at the army?! Is that what happened?!”

“Stop screaming,” he cried pushing away Chanyeol.

“Why did you lie?! Tell me why you lied!”

            Chanyeol was screaming loudly with his deep booming voice. Never in their lives had they ever fought with fists or even with words. This was terrifying to Baekhyun, but he was so afraid to speak out against a giant who was ready to pound his head with his fists. Chanyeol shook his boyfriend again by the collar of his shirt screaming for answers.

“He was going to kill you Chanyeol! Dr. Hwang was going to kill you with that medicine he made that stops your heart from beating! I did it for you, not for my father!”

“What do you mean,” Chanyeol said letting go of Baekhyun.

“That therapy session wasn’t what you thought! He had a bag full of medicines that torture people, and he was trying them out on me. They really work,” he cried hysterically. “I can’t lose you Park Chanyeol. I can’t…”

            Baekhyun hid his face onto the chest of his boyfriend who stared in shock at the wall in front of him. Chanyeol slowly wrapped his arms around the weak figure beneath him feeling regret consuming his body. He shouldn’t have yelled at him like that, or even jumped to such a drastic conclusion. There was no point in just sitting around and crying about it, something had to be done. Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol with eyes squinted in confusion. He ed the top of his boyfriend’s shirt seeing white bandages wrapping around his chest.

            Chanyeol closed his eyes in shame feeling the rest of his buttons coming loose and his shirt hitting the floor. The bandages wrapped all across his torso, more than what Baekhyun had imagined. Parts of the fabric were red with blood from wounds that were finally closing along with the rest. They stayed silent as Chanyeol reached across his chest unwrapping the protective covering revealing a body whipped to shreds. Baekhyun covered his mouth with his hand seeing the destruction. Within that same instance a knock sounded at the door. Shi-ra called out from behind asking to come in. Her son ran to the door opening it quickly so she could see Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol,” she called out in horror. “Who did this to you?! Tell me right now.”

“Jun-ha did this! He whipped me because I am always going against him! How can I not hate a man who killed my entire family and village?! He was the one who told the army to shoot at Bongha! Yet he lies to everyone saying we shot first!”

“H-he told me that everyone shot first. I didn’t know he made any commands to shoot.”

“He’s a monster mom. I can’t call him my father if he is doing this to Yeol.”

“Who cares about me, Baekhyun? You’re the one being drugged in your therapy sessions. Mrs. Byun, the doctor is threating to kill me with some poison if Baekhyun reveals that he’s being tortured.”

            Shi-ra walked over to the king sized bed, sitting down and fanning herself. The two young men were spitting out all these horrific true stories, but worst of all, confirming the suspicions she’s had about the doctor and her husband all these years. Nineteen years ago, her misery unfolded the moment she lost her only son. Jun-ha blamed her for almost two decades for the missing child in their lives. There were nights were he would beat her with his own hands in pure frustration. Eventually the physical abused stopped but the emotional torture had just begun. Shi-ra had to deal with a man speaking down to her as he ran away with dozens of mistresses. Her chance to end her own misery finally had arrived. Suddenly, Shi-ra stood up and slammed the door shut locking it from the inside. She pulled the two boys close to her in the center of the room, scaring them both a bit.

“We have to stop this, and talking to Jun-ha will do nothing. He will only get worse. You both need to stop him before someone ends up dead.”

“Mom…”

“Baekhyun,” she sighed. “An eye for an eye. I’ll leave you two alone to think about what needs to be done, but just know I support your every decision.”

            She walked back out the door looking back one more time at the confused couple. A weak smile confirmed that she had the same idea as Baekhyun. The young man put his shirt back on looking towards his boyfriend. Chanyeol could tell he had an idea brewing in his mind.

“I’ll take care of my father,” Baekhyun sighed removing his tuxedo jacket.

“Baek are you sure about this…”

“Chanyeol, do this for your family. Do this for us. Our relationship has been hell because we’re trapped in the grips of my father. I want to be a normal couple.”

“Fine,” Chanyeol spoke kissing his boyfriend. “I love you. Be safe, okay?”

“You too.”

            They both walked out the room separating down the hallway in different directions. Baekhyun calmly walked into the conversation room, while Chanyeol stormed down the hallway folding up his sleeves. Anger fueled his body at the thought of Dr. Hwang torturing Baekhyun. He slammed open the medical room’s door seeing the man filling out some paperwork. There was a bag next to him, probably filled with torture medicines for Baekhyun. Dr. Hwang looked up shocked seeing Chanyeol closing and locking the door before charging towards him.

 

 

-----

Hi guys! I hope you are enjoying the story :3 Sorry for late post. I work in retail so as you can imagine I have been VERY busy with work (Christmas time) and didn't post. So there are only 2 more chapters left of Hiden 3 Please stay tuned to see how this all ends~