02.

Dude, We're In The Wrong Body

Chapter 02 

Sitting around in a circle, Infinite tried to get their together and keep cool. The whole dorm was so silent, one could hear a pin drop on the floor or Dongwoo's stomach growling.

"How do you think this...this 'exchange' happened?" Sunggyu was the first to speak up.

"I think that can wait, Sungjong.. The question is, who is who," Hoya said, looking to 'Sungjong'.

Sunggyu saw 'Woohyun' look to him and corrected him. "I'm Sunggyu, Woohyun-ah."

"Huh? I'm Hoya, Sungj-..Sunggyu-hyung...?" 'Woohyun' said, slightly uncertain on whether the person he was looking at was the maknae or leader. "Hoya? But you're Woohyun," 'Sungjong' raised a brow at him.

Hoya face-palmed and sighed. "See what I mean?"

Dongwoo slowly raised his hand, getting their attention and said, "I've said it twice to Sungyeol but he didn't believe me... I'm Jang Dongwoo." Sungyeol stared at 'Myungsoo' who was sitting opposite him, thinking, So Dongwoo's in Myungsoo's body? Then glanced to 'Dongwoo' who was sitting beside him.

Myungsoo glanced up at his own body and sulked. "Yeah, he's really Dongwoo-hyung, the one who touched me in that extremely wrong place, and I'm Kim Myungsoo." 

"Dongwoo?" Sunggyu pointed a finger to 'Myungsoo' who nodded. "And Myungsoo?" 'Dongwoo' nodded this time. Then, he pointed to himself. "And I'm the stupid makna-"

"Nooo, I'm the maknae, Sunggyu-hyung!!" Sungjong interrupted loudly. He had already understood everything. Dongwoo and Myungsoo, him and Sunggyu, Woohyun and Hoya had switched bodies/souls with each. He didn't know why Sungyeol was spared (of all people), but ignored it for now. Just then, Sungyeol snapped his fingers, having thought of an idea to help identify one another. "Let's use nametags!" he suggested. He dug out a post-it pad from the drawer of the cupboard at the side and scribbled down s' names on the post-its with a pen he just happened to find. They pasted their makeshift nametags on their clothes and it took a while but eventually, the idea proved to work for they weren't confused anymore.

Kim Sunggyu switched with Lee Sungjong. 

Nam Woohyun switched with Lee Howon.

Jang Dongwoo switched with Kim Myungsoo. 

They were clear about it now.

And Lee Sungyeol, the only lucky one who was spared from all the confusion and mental breakdowns.

All of a sudden, the door opened and Infinite's managers, Hyoan and Youngjun walked in. The first thing they saw was the odd sight of the 7 grown men with startled looks on their faces, sitting around in a circle as if they were having a ritual of some sort, and it made the managers think they were up to something. They then noticed the papers pasted on their clothes. "Uhm... Why does Hoya have Woohyun's name on that paper on his shirt?" Hearing Manager Hyoan's question, the 6 Infinite members tore the notes off their clothes, crumpling it in the process and this was their cue to play pretend.

Woohyun tossed the crushed post-it to the side. "We were...playing a game hahaha! I'm not actually Woohyun, I'm Infinite's dance machine, Hoya!" he said and jumped up to his feet. He did a few exaggerated dance moves (that made Hoya cringe at his tryhard-ness) and even considered doing the scorpion dance move right on the spot, but decided against it. 

"I say 'Ho', you say 'Ya!'" Woohyun ended off with Hoya's usual 'catchphrase'. This is how he does it...right? Woohyun wondered if he was doing it right. He glanced over to Hoya who gave him his infamous stare. Yep, I'm doing it right. Woohyun flashed a smile to his managers.

The managers simply stood there and nodded just so 'Hoya' won't feel awkward, which he already did (because no one replied 'Ya' :( )

"Riiighht..." Hyoan blamed himself for asking the question. "Sunggyu," he called out and said man looked up to him. "Yes?" Sunggyu responded, causing Youngjun to narrow his eyes at him. "Umm, he called for Sunggyu, not Sungjong."

"Oh." Oh .

"And you responded?"

"I must have been so engrossed in pretending to be the leader, ahaha!" Sunggyu made up an excuse quickly and Sungjong played along, "Yeah, I'm the leader of Infinite and I like to make my members do what I'm supposed to be doing." Sungjong grinned, pointing his thumb towards himself. Sunggyu frowned at the maknae's words. What a brat.

The sentence itself was weird but the managers brushed it off and Youngjun continued to give them instructions. "Anyway, all of you better get ready for your schedule. Sunggyu, make sure they're ready by 10." This time, Sungjong made sure he was the one who nodded because the managers saw him as 'Sunggyu'.

"By the way, Woohyun, you seriously need to clean your room, it's filthy," Hyoan added on, crinkling his nose in slight disgust when he noticed the clothes strewn on the floor in Woohyun's room through the open door. Woohyun kicked Hoya who hadn't been paying attention to alert him. Oh yeah, I'm Nam Woohyun now, Hoya remembered and scrambled to his feet. How would he answer to such a question?

"I-I will! Hngh~" Hoya replied with a fake smile and formed hearts with his hands to his managers. Hearts. Hearts is the answer, just give 'em hearts. Yet it only resulted in him receiving looks of confusion and laughter from his friends, especially from Woohyun. Hoya cursed in his head, but kept on throwing mini hearts to his managers who told him to stop after 3 throws. "Just go get ready."

Hoya practically made a dash to his and Dongwoo's shared room and slammed the door shut.

Both managers watched as the Infinite boys ran around the dorm just to go back into their room (yknow when you pour water over an army of ants and they run around in every direction...).

They saw 'Woohyun' run into Hoya-Dongwoo's room and slam the door shut. 'Myungsoo' banged on the door to be let in. 'Sunggyu' went into Sungjong's room, while 'Dongwooand 'Sungjong' returned to the master bedroom.

As the two dumbfounded managers made their way out of the dorm, they whispered among themselves.

"What's wrong with them?"

"Too stressed, maybe."

"We should give them a break soon..."

"I don't think one is enough."

Sungyeol, who was the last to enter his room, managed to hear his managers and laughed his off like the kid he is. "Looks like we'll be getting more no-schedule days from now on!"


*throws hearts awkwardly like Hoya* ♡♡♡

Thank you for reading <3