03.

Dude, We're In The Wrong Body

Chapter 03 

"Yah! Hurry up! It's 10 already!" Sunggyu shouted as he slipped on a shirt he dug out from the clean pile of clothes.

"I haven't even bathed yet!"

"I knoe wight, I need ta bath."

"Ew, don't talk when you're gargling mouthwash!"

"Shattup." 

"There's no time to bathe! Just put on a nice shirt and wear your pants!" 

"But hyung, we stink!" Sungjong protested. Sungyeol ran over to the maknae, holding a bottle of some sort in his hand and said, "That's why we use this, Sungjong-ah." He lifted his hand and sprayed his men's cologne all over Sungjong (imagine product placement). The poor maknae coughed when Sungyeol accidentally sprayed at his face and commented, "Ugh, I smell worse now."

Sungyeol frowned at him and folded his arms. "Excuse you, this is my favourite cologne okay," he told Sungjong who covered his nose and used his other hand to 'fan' away the smell. Sunggyu had finished changing but Myungsoo was sitting on his bed, rocking back and forth. "Dongw-Myungsoo, why aren't you changing?" the leader asked. 

"I want to change out of Dongwoo-hyung's underwear," Myungsoo replied, pouting a little. "But if I took out this pig underwear, I would have to see his . I don't wanna."

Sunggyu choked back a laugh. "Then close your eyes while you change! Or don't change out of it!"

Myungsoo hesitated. If he wore his pants over Dongwoo's underwear, he'd feel uncomfortable the whole day. So he decided to close his eyes while he changed. Why didn't he think of that in the first place?

After everyone had changed their clothes (with difficulty) without bathing, and sprayed their cologne over themselves so they at least smelt a teeny bit fresher, they crowded at the shoe racks 

"Aish, why won't my shoes fit?" Hoya grunted when he tried to put on his sneakers. "That's because you're in my body. You're supposed to wear my shoes," Woohyun said and threw his own pair of sneakers to Hoya, mumbling a soft "idiot" under his breath.

Sungjong and Sunggyu exchanged their shoes as well and when Sungjong stood up, he inhaled dramatically and exhaled, "The air feels different from up here." Which translates to: 'I feel taller thanks to Sunggyu-hyung's shoe lifts.' 

Myungsoo reluctantly wore Dongwoo's striking neon green shoes but Dongwoo didn't mind Myungsoo's simple, black ones.

Sungyeol was the first out the door, in his own comfortable shoes, trying not to laugh at his friends. Once they were done, they rushed downstairs and got into the van, where their two managers had been waiting for them impatiently. The Myungyeol and Yadong pairs sat in the back-back(?) seats, while Woogyu and Sungjong sat in the backseats.

"What took you guys so long? I said 10, look at the time, it's 10:09!" Youngjun said, immediately starting the car without sparing a glance to the boys seated at the back. Punctuality was so important because heck, you could get kicked out of a program for not arriving on the dot, and of course it affects their reputation as well. Who would like late idols, right? What's professional about that? And the managers themselves get the directly from the CEOs so, "You guys better pray there's no traffic jam or you'll be late for the fanmeet!"

"How much cologne did all of you spray? It smells like you guys marinated in it," Jungryoul said in a nasal voice, pinching his nose when the mixed smell of all 7 Infinite members' cologne (maybe including his own and Youngjun's) got too strong in the vehicle, especially Sungyeol's which was overwhelming.

On the way to the venue for the fanmeet, there was unfortunately, what Manager Youngjun didn't hope for - a traffic jam.

Sunggyu decided to play some music from their CD, and the first song happened to be their song 'Paradise'. Everyone in the car naturally sang along to their own parts. It soon got to the rap part of 'Paradise' and Dongwoo's voice was the loudest as he began 

"Maeil bam neoro chaewotdeon na Every night, I filled myself with you

Geurae iksukhaejin momeul ijen sullo chaeul time Yeah, now I have to fill it with alcohol, time

Gama watdeon pal sumi gapareudeon bam Arms wrapped around me, the panting night

Choeguoi paradise neo eobsin hopeless world The best paradise, without you it's a hopeless world."

"-paradise. Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh~..." The 7 Infinite members sang in sync. The music faded off and when the song ended, they started high-fiving one another because why not, it was a good practice!

However, they seemed to have forgotten that their managers didn't know they had switched souls/bodies. The two Infinite managers had been watching the Infinite members through the rear-view mirror while they were singing. They were confused a little, but then remembered that earlier in the dorm, the boys were playing some sort of 'game' in which they pretended to be another member. Maybe they're still playing that 'game'... The managers thought.

"I didn't know you could rap, Myungsoo-ah," Youngjun said while glancing back to 'Myungsoo'. Dongwoo stared back at Manager Youngjun. "Of course I can rap! I-It's my hobby," Dongwoo replied and for a split second, made eye contact with Myungsoo who nodded with an expression which (if you looked clearly), said "yes, das right, you didn't say anything weird". 

"And I personally like the meaning of the rap," Dongwoo added on. Now Myungsoo's expression would be one of "WTF". He stared at him wide eyes while the other members burst out laughing. They gave Dongwoo 'thumb-up's, but they fell silent when Manager Jungryoul asked, "What's the meaning of the rap?"

"Ayyy, don't act as if you don't understand, hyung!" Sungyeol shouted with a cheeky grin, pointing at finger at Manager Jungryoul who blinked back in response. He really didn't understand the lyrics. "Hyung, even understand!" Sungjong shouted too, not believing that someone older than him doesn't know the meaning to such lyrics.

After a while, the car became quiet again. Everyone was dozing off while Sungjong stared out the window, trying not to smell the overwhelming cologne on himself. It wasn't his 'type' of smell and the car was starting to stink. Imagine the mixed smell of 9 different cologne...

"Um... Hyung, could you roll down the windows for a while. I need some fresh air," Sungjong requested. The windows rolled down upon request and Sungjong breathed in the oxygen that entered the car deeply. The maknae thought, If I didn't ask for the windows to be rolled down and allow fresh air to enter... The car would probably start smelling like a department store.

Nearly half an hour, or more, passed and they finally reached their destination. The fanmeet was held in a shopping mall and Inspirits had already started gathering there early in the morning, some long before the Infinite members themselves woke up.

Thanks to the traffic jam, they were late so they didn't bother to go into the mall through backdoors or whatever. The car stopped outside the mall and they rushed inside with Manager Jungryoul using the front entrance, while the other manager went to park the car. Sunggyu made his way to the stage with his fellow members following behind him. 

Inspirits who had spotted them started screaming loudly and soon, the mall was filled with fangirly squeals of excitement and lots of heads bobbing up and down to get a view of them.

Infinite took their microphones from the staff there and Sunggyu got onto the stage first. There was a long table with 7 seats on the stage since the autograph session was the first event for the fanmeet. As Sunggyu was the leader, he greeted the fans and apologized on behalf of Infinite for being late and making the fans wait. The other 6 members also got on the stage and apologized to their beloved fans.

Why is Sungjong apologizing on behalf of Infinite? Shouldn't leader Gyu be the one? Most of the Inspirits thought. Meh... They all started to chant, "Kwenchana! Kwenchana!" Infinite smiled at their fans gratefully and introduced themselves, after individually reminding themselves to pretend so nobody knew... After that, they took their seats quickly in the order: 'Sunggyu''Sungjong''Hoya''Woohyun''Myungsoo''Dongwoo', Sungyeol, and began the autograph session.

Inspirits lined up and one by one, they walked in front of the table and got their idols' autographs. However, despite reminding themselves during their introductions, the 7 boys forgot about each other's signatures, and signed their own names. A few fans raised eyebrows and were confused, but none asked aloud, "Why are you signing another member's name?" Because they were contented and happy to get all 7 members' autographs, so who cares? Maybe it was a mission they needed to complete for a show or segment?

A few questions and thoughts that ran through Inspirits' minds... 

Why aren't they signing their own name?

Why isn't my OTP (Woogyu, Yadong, Myungyeol) sitting next to each other?

Yes! My OTP (Gyujong, Hojong, Woosoo/Myunghyun, Wooya, Dongsoo, Dongyeol) is sitting beside each other, yay~~ 

Why is 'Sunggyu-oppa' giving out lemon candies?

Hmm, why isn't 'Woohyun-oppathrowing hearts or doing aegyo?

Omo, 'Hoya-oppa's' being 'HoAegi'?!

Is it 'L-Cosplay-Removed' today?

An innocent 11-year-old Inspirit was the first to voice out her confusion.

"L-oppa, why are you writing Dongwoo-oppa's name?" the young girl asked after 'Myungsoo' signed on her autograph book. Dongwoo panicked immediately. He glanced to Myungsoo who was signing for another fan and looked at his signature but he had no idea how to copy it. He smiled at the girl, took back the book awkwardly and flipped to another page to re-sign.

Dongwoo tried to write a beautiful, cursive letter 'L', but he wrote it too short.

"Why is it 'N' (ㄴ)?" Dongwoo couldn't answer her, but luckily, the girl continued, "It's okay, oppa! It's nice seeing you in person anyway~!" With that, she moved on to the real 'L-oppa'. Dongwoo whispered to Hoya who was signing his own name, telling him that they shouldn't be signing their own names and the message was passed down.

All of them started trying to forge one another's signatures. Yet three giddy Inspirits down, they gave up and simply wrote the names normally.

When the last fangirl got Sungyeol's autograph, the staff removed the tables and chairs, and the Infinite members went backstage to prepare for their performance. While the staff expertly cleared and prepared everything, the boys turned off their mics and started discussing quickly.

"What should we do? The fans know something's wrong with us..." Woohyun said worriedly.

"I know right... One of the girls cast me a weird look when I offered a lemon candy to her..." Sungjong added, feeling slightly hurt. Giving out lemon candies to the fans has been his 'thing' for quite some time already and the managers always prepared them for him.

"But we can't stop this fanmeet anytime we want," Sunggyu told them.

"Unless..." Sungyeol started and everyone turned to him, thinking, What good idea did the choding come up with this time? "Unless we faint or get injured. They can't expect us to continue the fanmeet that way, right?"

"That's not a bad idea...not good, but it's not bad. So who's the one fainting?" Hoya asked, trying to think of a complete plan before they get back on stage in a few minutes' time.

"Definitely not Dongwoo. He can't act to save his life," Sungyeol said and Dongwoo laughed, coolly agreeing with the choding. "I think Sunggyu-hyung should be the one fainting. He's old, no offense, so it's reasonable if his health is deteriorating, which results in him suddenly fainting on stage! The fans won't suspect a thing," Sungjong suggested and no one objected because they couldn't come up with anything else.

Then, Sunggyu remembered. "If I'm the one fainting, then you're the one acting, Sungjong-ah," he said. Sungjong was alright with it and agreed to do it. "My acting's still better than Dongwoo-hyung's," he chuckled .

"Myungsoo could also pretend to get injured by falling. He's an actor so he should be able to pull it off better than the rest of us."

Sungyeol nodded immediately. "Besides, fans know you always slip and fall on stage. Gravity loves you," he teased and received a smack on the shoulder from gravity's beloved Myungsoo. "But I'm 'Dongwoo-hyung' in our fans' eyes..." 

"Doesn't matter." So it was settled. Hoya repeated the plan, which was: During their BTD performance, 'Grampa Gyu'/Sungjong would suddenly faint when they did the scorpion dance, then 'Dongwoo'/Myungsoo would suddenly trip over air and fall, and maybe pretend to sprain his ankle or something for good measure.

Can such a plan really work out successfully as we planned though, it does seem kinda stupid... Still, they put their hands together, did a 'Hwaiting!' cheer and got back on stage with their microphones .

As if on cue, Inspirits started cheering, squealing, shrieking, and whipping out phones and cameras when their idols appeared back on stage and went to their original positions, not switching yet. They were going to do so only when it was time for them to do their signature 'scorpion dance'. "The fans won't notice," Hoya had said. "I hope."

'Before The Dawn' started playing and they started to dance, movements matching in sync and singing live. 

"Api kamkamhaejin nae nuneun To my eyes that see everything to be dark

Ojik neo hanaman barkge bichunda You're the only one that shines brightly."

As the real Hoya rapped, and 'Hoya' lip-synced, he glanced to 'Sunggyu' who was dancing beside him.

"Because I listen to my heart-heart-heart.."

All 7 of them did the 'scorpion dance'. Mid-way while getting up, Sungjong closed his eyes and collapsed on the stage.

Ouch, was the only thought that came to his mind as he lay there, trying to keep still.

Since 'Sunggyu' was near the front of the stage, every fangirl (and fanboy if there is), saw him 'faint' and immediately screamed in shock and worry, calling out, "Sunggyu-oppa! Sunggyu-oppa! Are you okay?!" 

The music stopped and Dongwoo was, somehow, the first to get into his role. He rushed to his leader, pretending to be extremely concerned. "One man down! ONE MAN DOWN!" Dongwoo shouted anxiously, accidentally into his microphone so every human being in the mall could hear him. The others followed, gathering around 'Sunggyu' and Myungsoo carried out his in the plan too.

When Myungsoo ran towards 'Sunggyu', he easily, convincingly, tripped over air like the awesome actor he is and fell. Since most of the fans had their attention on 'Sunggyu', only a few spotted 'Dongwoo' falling. But he managed to attract the fans' attention when his microphone honestly un-planned, flew out of his hand and hit the stage loudly, the thud echoing.

The experienced actor pretended to grimace and groan in pain while clutching his knee (or any part of his leg that was hurting, he didn't really know either).

This time, Inspirits screamed, "Dongwoo-oppa! Are you okay?!" The fans moved closer to the stage and security guards moved in to do their duty. Infinite's Manager-hyungs rushed on stage, clearly oblivious about the plan, and carried 'Sunggyu' down the stage. Sungyeol hurriedly helped Myungsoo up and Myungsoo allowed him to carry his weight as he limped off the stage.

One of the staff/planner of this fanmeet went up to tell the fans to keep calm and apologize for the unexpected accident.

Meanwhile, Infinite followed their two managers to the van. Manager Jungryoul (their third manager) stayed to settle the issue/problem of the messed up fanmeet, if any. Their managers wanted to call for an ambulance, seeing as how 'Sunggyu' was still unconscious on Youngjun's back, but Woohyun quickly interrupted them and told them they should go back to the dorm first, which they agreed after some persuading.

'Sunggyu' was carried all the way and put into the back-back seat, and the rest loaded into the vehicle. When Manager Youngjun started driving back to their dorm, Sungjong finally opened his eyes and slowly 'gained conscious' again. Woohyun announced his awakening and the managers, who seemed to be holding their breaths nervously, sighed in relief.

Myungsoo stopped acting and sat up straight. Infinite started high-fiving one another softly and whispering (with much sense of achievement), "Yeah!", "Hell yeah!" "Ho yeah!", "Success!"

Manager Hyoan heard weird sounds coming from the back of the car and looked over his shoulder. He saw them smiling and assumed they were glad that 'Sunggyu' was conscious. His eyes suddenly met with 'Dongwoo's' wild ones.

"O-Ow..." Myungsoo immediately returned to clutching his leg, creasing his brows with pain and promptly removing the smile off his face.

When Manager Hyoan looked back to the front, Myungsoo laughed silently with his band mates. "I'm so good at this."


This is so ridiculous, I apologize if it's not funny but

Thank you for reading <3