Chapter Nine

Bent, Not Broken

It was a little over half an hour later when someone arrived outside the apartment complex, looking at the buzzer and debating. He had little way of knowing if YoungSaeng was in or not, or if he'd be even happy to see him. But after not hearing from the other man in a couple days, he just wanted to check in and make sure he was okay and not still feeling the aftereffects of the night in Itaewon.

Reaching out, YunHo pressed the buzzer for YoungSaeng's apartment.

YoungSaeng barely heard the buzzer, finishing out his thought before he got up and went to the call box. "Hello?" he said into the speaker. He hadn't been expecting anyone, and KyuJong never left the house without his keys.

"Hi, YoungSaeng?" YunHo spoke when he heard the reply come through. "It's YunHo."

"...YunHo?" YoungSaeng blinked. "Did we set a meeting up for today that I forgot about?" he asked. "I'll buzz you in."

"No, no meeting," YunHo chuckled. "Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing."

"Alright," YoungSaeng shrugged to himself at that, pressing the button for the door release. "See you in a minute."

Hearing the buzzer go off, YunHo pulled open the door and headed inside. He made his way up to YoungSaeng's and KyuJong's apartment, stopping outside the door and knocking.

Opening the door, YoungSaeng gave him a critical look. "So you came all this way down here just to see me? Your phone broken?"

"I was already in the neighborhood," YunHo smiled, stepping in. "Why, not happy to see me? Am I interrupting something?"

"Just working on the article," YoungSaeng said, shaking his head. "Of course I'm happy to see you, just a little surprised. You need anything to drink?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

"No thanks." YunHo stood out of the way. "I just wanted to see how you're doing, I'm sorry I didn't stop by earlier. Maybe next time we go somewhere, alcohol shouldn't be involved," he chuckled.

"You're probably right about that," YoungSaeng sighed. "I woke up with the worst hangover that day. I don't really remember much of what happened after we started dancing, but Kyu says you brought me home. So I guess I owe you a thank you, for looking after me."

"No thanks needed, we're friends," YunHo's lips quirked. "Were you planning on going back, or have you had enough excitement for a while?"

"There's still more research I need to do, and you need to get some good pictures right?" YoungSaeng said, moving to sit down on the couch. "I had fun, I wouldn't mind doing it again... unless you didn't have any fun because you had to take care of me being all drunk."

"I didn't say that." YunHo slipped off his shoes and followed YoungSaeng. "Just thought I'd ask in case you were planning on going alone. I'd rather someone go with you to make sure you stay safe, and maybe don't pass out this time."

"The plan wasn't for me to get drunk in the first place, but I had an argument with Kyu and was irritated," YoungSaeng said. "If I go back, I definitely won't be doing shots or having more than one drink." He tilted his head slightly, looking at YunHo. "Why, you offering to be my chaperone any time I go out to a club?"

YunHo laughed at that, eyes crinkling. "Well that makes me feel stuffy and old." He sat down next to YoungSaeng. "I just don't want to see anything happen to you, that's all."

"Anything like what?" YoungSaeng's brow furrowed a little. "I'm not going to drink like that again, that was a one time deal. Kind of hard to research for a paper if I'm to drunk to remember."

"All right," YunHo sighed, rubbing the back of his head. He seemed at a loss for what to say. "If you're sure. The offer's still open either way."

"I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have your company when I go though," YoungSaeng said, maybe a little too quickly. "I wouldn't feel right going by myself, but I don't really need a babysitter."

"I wasn't offering as a babysitter," YunHo shook his head. "Just as a friend." He looked down at his hands. "HeeBon's death made me realize who my true friends are…who would leave, and who would stay with me in the months afterwards. You're a very dear friend to me, and I'd never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to you and I could have prevented it."

"... Nothing's going to happen to me YunHo, I'll be fine," YoungSaeng said, his expression concerned. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine," YunHo looked up and smiled at YoungSaeng. "I just felt like coming by and making sure you're alright. I'm sorry for interrupting your work."

"You're not interrupting, I could use a break anyway," YoungSaeng said. "You want to stick around for dinner? I was just going to order some delivery, but I'm willing to share."

"Only if that's fine with you, I don't want to intrude," YunHo's lips quirked. "Where's KyuJong, not here today?"

"... No, he's on a date," YoungSaeng said, frowning a little. "JungMin came by last night and now they're back together."

"Oh, well that's good," YunHo smiled at that, before noticing YoungSaeng's expression. "That is good, right?"

"I don't know yet. After they broke up... his roommate said he was doing drugs and partying and sleeping around," YoungSaeng said. "I'm just worried because JungMin says he's done with all that but what if he's not? He was partying pretty regularly when they were still dating before, that's not something someone like him can just give up."

YunHo frowned. "I don't really know him, so it's hard for me to say…Is KyuJong aware of that possibility?"

"I think he's in denial about it," YoungSaeng said. "I tried to warn him, but he's convinced it could never happen just because JungMin promised it wouldn't. I don't know if I could trust someone who was doing drugs like that."

Thinking about that, YunHo sighed. "It's a good thing he has his best friend to keep an eye on things then," he smiled slightly at YoungSaeng.

"I just don't want him to get hurt," YoungSaeng said. "Are you sure everything's okay? You... are kind of acting a little odd. Did something happen?"

"Hm?" YunHo blinked. "No. How am I acting odd?" His fingers fiddled with the camera hanging around his neck.

"You're acting all nervous and won't look at me," YoungSaeng said, starting to get a little nervous himself. Had he done something to YunHo when he was drunk? Did he come onto him or try to do something to him? The thought alone sent red signals up and YoungSaeng tried not bolt off the couch. "Did... I do something wrong?"

"What? No, what are you even talking about," YunHo looked at YoungSaeng in confusion. "I've been looking at you, and you didn't do anything wrong."

"... I'm gonna order food," YoungSaeng said, getting to his feet and retreating to the kitchen. He sat down at the table, rubbing his face with his hands. Something happened, and either it was so bad that YunHo didn't want to talk about it, or didn't want to embarrass YoungSaeng. Either way, he'd probably ruined his friendship with YunHo, his biggest fear. He didn't know what to do.

Picking up his phone, he hesitated for a moment before dialing a number he hadn't meant to memorize.

The phone rang a couple times before picking up. "Hello?" A familiar voice came through along with the noise of the subways muffled in the distance.

Taking a deep breath, YoungSaeng's lips quirked a little. "HyunJoong? It's um.. YoungSaeng. We met at the club the other day?"

"Oh, YoungSaeng? Hey, what's up?"

"... Is that offer to talk still open?" YoungSaeng asked, trying to keep his voice low. "Are you busy tonight?"

"No, not at all. When do you want to meet, and where?" HyunJoong didn't seem that surprised, though it was hard to tell over the phone.

"Um... we can meet in three hours? Would you mind if I just came by your place? I'd like to be able to talk in private," YoungSaeng said. He wouldn't get that kind of privacy here, KyuJong and JungMin would likely be back by then.

"That's fine, you got a pen and paper?" HyunJoong recited his address for YoungSaeng.

"Okay, I'll see you in a few hours then," YoungSaeng said, hanging up. Remembering what he was supposed to be doing, he dialed the delivery place and ordered the food, going back to the couch when he was done. "Sorry, that took longer than I thought it would. But food's ordered."

"That's fine," YunHo said, looking unhappy. "Listen, I'm sorry if I said something to make you uncomfortable. I honestly have no idea what you were talking about, but if I"m making you uncomfortable then maybe I should just go…"

"... No, you're not making me uncomfortable," YoungSaeng said, shaking his head. "I don't think I got enough sleep last night, making me a little paranoid I guess... I mean I wasn't sure if I'd thrown up on your shoes or something, that's all."

"No, you turned away first," YunHo chuckled quietly, looking down at his camera. He removed the lens cap, turning the camera on and holding it up in a question.

Lips quirking, YoungSaeng relaxed into the couch and nodded. "Thank you for asking first," he said, giving his best pose with a playful pout.

"I said I would, though you still look good when you're not expecting it." Settling on the other end of the couch, YunHo was smiling again as he snapped a picture angled slightly down towards YoungSaeng. "Great. You could have easily gone into modeling, you know."

"My nose is too big and I have fat cheeks," YoungSaeng said, shifting his pose a little. "But thanks for trying to make me feel pretty."

"Nonsense. I take pictures of people for a living, I know a model when I see one." Snapping another picture, he lowered the camera with a sheepish smile. "If you weren't such a good writer already that is."

"I make enough to pay bills, I'm not that good of a writer," YoungSaeng said. "But I enjoy doing it, that's what matters right?"

"Right," YunHo nodded, settling back down and looking at the picture he'd just taken. "And now you're just being modest."

"It's better to be modest and accept compliments than to brag and demand them," YoungSaeng said. "I don't think my work would get half the attention it does if people weren't lured in by the good photos."

"Good photos can't change poor writing," YunHo's lips quirked. "But fine, I'll give for now. Speaking of photos, I'm hoping to have some ideas for you to look at next time we meet. I've got a photoshoot coming up next week though, so I'll be a little busy."

"A photoshoot? For what?" YoungSaeng asked. "Will there be models involved?"

"For Liz Lisa, and yes," YunHo's smile widened. "I was a little surprised when they contacted me, but I'm not going to turn the offer down."

"I wouldn't if I were you, that's a big name," YoungSaeng said. "You need an assistant or anything?"

"Why, are you offering?" YunHo chuckled. "I think I'll manage…I'm meeting with them in a couple days to go over things."

"Of course I'm offering, who would miss a chance to be around that many good looking models?" YoungSaeng said. "Maybe next time?"

"If you're interested, sure," YunHo's lips quirked.

They continued talking until food arrived, the atmosphere thankfully staying relaxed. YunHo stayed through dinner and a little afterwards, helping YoungSaeng clean up. The photographer never mentioned the drunken confession from the club, and it wasn't clear if he even remembered it had happened.

When he noticed YoungSaeng glancing at the time, YunHo stood up. "I should probably get going, still have to get back across town."

"Yeah... I have some more work to do," YoungSaeng said, getting to his feet as well. "Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to talk to you about non-business stuff once in a while."

"It is," YunHo's lips quirked. He walked to the door, putting his shoes on. "I'll be in touch for those photos…you know if you ever need anything, you can call me anytime."

"Thanks," YoungSaeng said, opening the door for him. It was unfortunate, but YoungSaeng breathed a sigh of relief when YunHo was gone. He'd done his best to not panic through most of dinner, keeping his mind on what they were talking about and not what they weren't talking about. It was probably a good thing that YoungSaeng made plans for the rest of the evening, or he would have gone crazy.

YoungSaeng waited five minutes before putting his shoes on and grabbing his keys. He didn't want to head down to the lobby of his building just to bump into YunHo who was waiting for a cab. He didn't want to have to make something up about where he was going because the truth was out of the question. Not that YoungSaeng really knew why he had made plans with HyunJoong. Other than the fact he was one of two people who knew the truth and could be a supportive shoulder for YoungSaeng. The other person was on a date and wouldn't be available probably till the morning. If at all.

Taking a taxi was probably the easiest way to get to where HyunJoong lived, and when YoungSaeng paid the driver he headed to HyunJoong's building. Pressing the buzzer next to the door, he waited.

A few seconds later, a light static came through the call box. "Hello?"

"HyunJoong? It's me, YoungSaeng," he replied. "Sorry if I'm a little late."

"You're not late. Come on in." The buzzer went off as the door unlocked.

Heading in, YoungSaeng took the elevator up to HyunJoong's floor. It took him a moment to find the right door, having to backtrack a little when he got lost. Finally reaching the door, he knocked and waited.

The door unlocked and opened, HyunJoong standing on the other side. He was dressed casually, hair slightly tousled and still a little damp from a shower. "Hey," his lips quirked and he stepped aside to let YoungSaeng in. "Get a little lost?"

"This is a big building," YoungSaeng muttered, stepping in. He looked around, taking off his shoes. "I hope you didn't have any plans or anything... I'm sorry I called you so last minute. It's been an odd couple of days."

"That's fine, I wasn't going anywhere tonight." HyunJoong closed the door, walking back towards the living room. "Can I get you anything? Food, water, alcohol?"

"... Alcohol is tempting," YoungSaeng said, following him. "But I think I'm fine for right now. Unless you were planning on drinking, then I'd feel weird if I didn't have a drink too."

"Depends how long you're here for," HyunJoong chuckled, dropping down onto the couch. "So what can I do for you? You sounded like a bundle of nerves on the phone."

"I'm always a bundle of nerves," YoungSaeng said, taking a chair to sit down in. "My friend, the photographer? He came by earlier, and was acting a little strange... and he tried to tell me he wasn't but he just seemed so... odd. I hadn't seen him since that night that I met you at the bar, and I have to wonder if I did something or said something that made him uncomfortable. So I kind of freaked out and that's why I called you and wanted to talk because I don't know what to do."

"Mmm…" HyunJoong leaned back, fingers tapping lightly against his knee. "I don't remember the exact conversation, but nothing comes to mind that could have made him uncomfortable. While I was around anyways. What are you so worried about, exactly?"

"I don't know, that I did or said something to him," YoungSaeng said. "I'm afraid I... came on to him and now he thinks I'm just a weird ert or something. I don't know how much longer I can keep this from him while I'm doing this paper, and I'm really afraid he's going to hate me."

HyunJoong's brow furrowed slightly. "Okay. Why do you think he'll hate you? He seemed fine in the bar the other day. You can usually tell if someone wanders in who's not okay with it."

"Because I've been lying to him all this time," YoungSaeng said, looking up at him. "I've told him I was straight. What if he doesn't want to be friends with... with me anymore because he doesn't want to be friends with someone who's gay. Or doesn't want to work with them because he thinks I'll hit on him."

"You've obviously thought about this a lot," HyunJoong commented after a short silence, resting his elbows against his knees. "But have you even asked him what he thinks about gay people?"

"No... the closest I came was when we were going to the club and asked him if he would be uncomfortable, he said no," YoungSaeng said. "But that's not the same as being comfortable having a friend who is. Especially one who has been in love with him for years."

"Ah, that's it," HyunJoong murmured. "Well, I won't lie; some people have a harder time accepting a friend than a stranger. Some of my straight friends needed a bit of time to get used to the idea. But they came around eventually, those who mattered. The others were either hypocrites or s, and not worth my time." He watched YoungSaeng. "If this guy isn't able to accept you for who you are, crush and all, he's not worth it."

"Six months ago, YunHo and I went on an assignment out of the country," YoungSaeng said, closing his eyes. "Two days before we were supposed to come home, his fiance, HeeBon, was killed in a car accident. He'd been with her for years, and they loved each other so much. I was his only friend for that first couple of months. He didn't want to talk to anyone but me. Is it fair to tell him that during that time I was in love with him, and wanted so badly to make him forget her, and love me instead."

HyunJoong let out a sigh. "I'm not exactly a counselor, so I can't really tell you anything more than my own opinion. Forget about details like that, and focus on the larger picture. What's most important to you, is it finding out if he'd accept you or not?"

"Yes," YoungSaeng nodded. "I just don't know if I'm ready for him to know yet or not. I'm still trying to accept it myself."

"Accepting yourself comes first," HyunJoong said. "Once you have that confidence, you'll find there's always other people around who can accept you too."

YoungSaeng slumped a little in his seat, resting his cheek in his hand. "That I think is going to be the hard part. What if I'm not really gay and just in love with a man but really attracted to women? Or what if I'm not attracted to anyone but him? I've tried to ignore these feelings for so long... I'm so confused about who I am."

"That's not something I can really tell you. But I think you already know that ignoring isn't going to solve anything. Stop trying to ignore it. If you find a guy in the street cute, that's fine. If you find a girl pretty, that's fine too. Don't try to convince yourself you're not feeling something you are, or the other way around."

YoungSaeng sighed, rubbing at his eye. "I think I'll take that drink now," he said with a dry laugh. "I'm sorry to unload all this on you, you don't even know me."

"I offered when we met, didn't I?" HyunJoong stood, heading into the attached kitchenette and opening the fridge. He came back with two bottles of soju, holding out one for YoungSaeng. "You had a deer-in-headlights expression, sitting there by yourself in the booth."

Accepting the bottle, YoungSaeng snorted at that. "Yeah, it was my first time in a gay club, without my gay roommate who was supposed to watch me in case I drank too much and made a fool of myself. I guess I needed more help than I really realized at the time."

"Why're you talking to me instead of this roommate?" HyunJoong sat back down. "Wouldn't you be more comfortable talking to someone you actually know?"

"Because he got back together with his boyfriend and I doubt I'll be seeing much of him," YoungSaeng said. "He was the one I was going to give your number to."

"Ah, oh well," HyunJoong chuckled. "Well, I don't mind fielding any questions or concerns." He opened his bottle and took a swallow.

"I don't really have any questions... not ones I want to give voice to anyway," YoungSaeng said, opening his bottle. "Are you out to all your family and friends?"

"Yeah, I'm out to everyone except for work because it's not really any of their business who I date," HyunJoong replied. "I've been fully out since I was nineteen, before then just close friends."

"Did you struggle with it? I mean, did you question whether or not you were, or did you just know," YoungSaeng asked, his brow furrowing a little.

"I struggled with it for most of my teen years," HyunJoong chuckled, settling back against the couch and making himself comfortable. "I was convinced it was just some weird phase. Made myself date girls to 'get over it', and was absolutely miserable."

"At what point did you decide to accept it? And were you happier when you did?"

"I didn't decide to accept it until one of my best friends found out accidentally. He told me it was fine if I was, because it meant more girls for him," HyunJoong snorted, taking another drink. "After that I stopped lying to myself, and a huge weight came off my shoulders."

"I told KyuJong on accident, when I was drunk," YoungSaeng said, sipping at his own bottle. "I did actually feel better that he knew, that someone knew what I was going through. I don't think I would have even told you if someone else hadn't found out first. It strikes me as odd though that I was so willing to tell you, a stranger, than I am the people close to me."

"Maybe because it's no skin off your nose if I dislike you for it or not," HyunJoong shrugged, looking at YoungSaeng. "Or since we met in a gay bar, the chances of me not taking it well were nonexistent."

"Possibly," YoungSaeng nodded, meeting HyunJoong's eyes. "The fact that you are... gorgeous didn't hurt either."

HyunJoong grinned at that. "Well, thank you. I may have had ulterior motives in approaching you at the bar; you're not bad yourself."

"YunHo said I could be a model," YoungSaeng said, chuckling a little. "I couldn't tell if he was flirting or just trying to be nice."

"The majority of the world is still straight, so I'd say being nice unless proven otherwise." HyunJoong was halfway through his bottle by then. "You would make a good model though. How's your story coming along, by the way?"

"I decided to take it in a new direction," YoungSaeng said. "I'll make sure you get a copy when I'm finished."

"Great," HyunJoong's lips quirked. "Feeling better now?"

"A little, yes," YoungSaeng nodded, taking another sip of his soju. "I just realized I never asked... but were you seeing someone? A boyfriend?"

"I was seeing someone for a couple years, but we called it quits some time ago," HyunJoong replied, finishing off his bottle and placing it down on the table. "Why?"

YoungSaeng's brow perked at seeing how quickly HyunJoong had finished his bottle. "I was just asking. Would have thought someone like you would be with someone. The cute ones are always taken."

"You're not exactly taken either, so that's two," HyunJoong snorted. "I've been told I'm too blunt sometimes, been working on that."

"I think it's kind of refreshing actually," YoungSaeng shrugged. "To the point, I like that."

"Good, I hope you won't take that back by the end of the evening," HyunJoong laughed. "I'll be honest with you, YoungSaeng. You're very cute, and I'd like to get to know you more. I was trying to pick you up at the bar, but anyone with two eyes could see you were far from comfortable there."

"Can you blame me? It was a scary place for me to go," YoungSaeng said, his eyes lowering. "But... you made me feel welcome, and I didn't mind talking to you otherwise I wouldn't be here right now. I... wanted to get to know you more too."

"Do you still?" HyunJoong asked, raising an eyebrow before nudging YoungSaeng's leg lightly. "It doesn't have to be scary. None of this does."

"I know it doesn't, but that doesn't mean it isn't right now," YoungSaeng said, looking up at him. "And yes, I still want to get to know you."

"I didn't say it isn't right now," HyunJoong chuckled. "Just that it doesn't have to be." He got up to head into the kitchen. "Want another bottle, or are you done after that one?"

YoungSaeng looked at the bottle he'd been working on, seeing it was most of the way gone. "I think I can do another... possibly."

"Lightweight," HyunJoong chuckled. "I'll stop you if it looks like we're going to have a repeat of last time." He came back with two more bottles, placing YoungSaeng's on the table before sitting down.

"I know I'm a lightweight, I was never a big drinker," YoungSaeng said, finally finishing off his bottle and picking up the new one. "I don't know, it did loosen me up at the club I think. I probably wouldn't have approached you after you left the table if I hadn't had so many shots."

"That's because you spend too much time overthinking and worrying," HyunJoong replied, his bottle already open. "Even just meeting you I've noticed that."

"Story of my life," YoungSaeng sighed. "I'm trying to not do that so much, but it's not easy. That night was the first time I'd really just... let go. It was nice, from what I remember. I did what I wanted and didn't care about what people thought." He looked up at HyunJoong with a small smile. "I think I have you to thank for that."

HyunJoong laughed loudly. "Always happy to help. Maybe next time we can work on being able to remember the whole thing."

"Minor details," YoungSaeng laughed, finding HyunJoong's laugh infectious. Maybe he found the man's lopsided grin a little endearing as well. "I'd like to remember most of tonight, but we'll see how that goes."

"Don't try to keep up with me, I'm warning you right now," HyunJoong snorted, taking another drink. "If you're passing out drunk, I might insist on you staying the night. Not that I wouldn't mind you staying the night anyways, but I'm not sending you away to pass out in a ditch."

"I don't plan on getting that drunk," YoungSaeng said, having to turn away to take a sip, and to hide the blush he felt creeping on his cheeks. "I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I even want to go home tonight. KyuJong and his boyfriend getting back together means... they'll probably be loud and that's not something I really enjoy hearing. Thin walls and all."

"Well, you're welcome here," HyunJoong chuckled. "I'm by myself, no roommates to worry about."

"Tempting," YoungSaeng murmured, looking at HyunJoong again. "I think the alcohol is finally catching up to me... I'm considering staying the night at a guy's house who I find... more than a little attractive. A few more of these bottles and I might do something silly, like try to kiss you."

HyunJoong raised an eyebrow. "Why would that be silly? I was considering doing that even without the drinks, but I'm trying to be nice here."

"It would be silly because I've never kissed anyone, let alone a guy," YoungSaeng said, fiddling with his bottle. "I feel silly."

"No reason to feel silly. It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it," HyunJoong mused.

"That's what I do," YoungSaeng said. "Talk myself out of things even if it's not that bad." He slumped a little in his seat. "I told Kyu he was lucky because he had someone to hold, someone that he could touch and kiss and how much I wanted that. I could have it. I just don't know what's stopping me."

"You don't have that confidence in yourself yet. It'll come." HyunJoong placed his bottle down on the table before standing, walking the two steps to where YoungSaeng was. He crouched slightly, one hand lightly brushing a few locks of hair out of YoungSaeng's face. "Can I?"

YoungSaeng couldn't help the small flinch when HyunJoong's hand reached for his face, his eyes wide. "...What?" he asked, though he knew what the question was.

"Can I kiss you?" HyunJoong asked. "It's okay to say no."

Looking into HyunJoong's eyes, YoungSaeng swallowed thickly. This was closer than he had really ever been to another man, not counting KyuJong. There was a loud voice screaming at him to back up, to get away, to not let the man touch him because that was wrong.

It wasn't wrong though, not in the way YoungSaeng's heart was racing and his fingers twitched, wanting to reach up and grasp HyunJoong's head and kiss him silly. So he did.

HyunJoong returned the kiss, eyes already closed. It had to be awkward for him, half-crouching to be on the same level as YoungSaeng, but he gave no sign of caring. One hand supported his weight against the chair, the other YoungSaeng's cheek softly before twining into the younger man's hair and supporting the back of his head.

The kiss was broken after a long moment, HyunJoong pulling back enough to look into YoungSaeng's eyes. "Still feel silly?" he murmured.

"Yes," YoungSaeng whispered, laughing a little. "Silly that I waited so long to do that in the first place."

"That's the spirit," HyunJoong chuckled, He leaned in and kissed YoungSaeng again before pulling back, sitting on the edge of the couch. "Sorry, if I stayed like that for much longer I think I'd have a permanent hunchback."

"Maybe... I should move then," YoungSaeng said, setting his bottle down on the table and getting slowly to his feet. He was a little unsteady on his legs, the alcohol finally getting to him. He nearly fell right into HyunJoong, catching himself on the arm of the couch before sliding down onto the cushion. "I don't think I had this in mind when I called you... but it's okay."

HyunJoong supported YoungSaeng with one arm, expression amused. "Easy there. If this isn't fine with you, you have to tell me."

"If it wasn't, I probably would have left already," YoungSaeng said. "I have to confess... I wanted to kiss you back at the club when we were dancing... you looked so good and I didn't care at that moment who saw."

"That's why places like that bar exist," HyunJoong said. He wrapped one arm around YoungSaeng's waist loosely. "So we can be ourselves without fear of judgement."

"I don't know if I'm ready to be out in public like that," YoungSaeng said. "But I think this is a good start. Being comfortable with who I am first, then being comfortable out there."

"Right," HyunJoong's lips quirked. "You're doing great, by the way."

"Doing great because I kissed you?" YoungSaeng chuckled a little.

"Well, that helped too," HyunJoong snorted. Ducking his head, he brushed his lips against YoungSaeng's.

YoungSaeng was happy to return the kiss, shifting so he was comfortable enough to put his arms around HyunJoong's neck. He could do more of this, a lot more of this if he had any say in it. When he finally pulled back, breathing a little heavily, he opened his eyes halfway. "Are you glad you didn't have plans tonight then?"

"Very," HyunJoong smiled at YoungSaeng, thumb slowly the other man's side. "Are you glad you came over?"

"This definitely beats watching TV until I pass out," YoungSaeng said.

Reaching out and picking up the other man's bottle from the table, HyunJoong offered it to YoungSaeng with a crooked smile. "We're trying to avoid passing out at all."

"And yet you offer me alcohol," YoungSaeng chuckled, taking the bottle and making himself comfortable. "Maybe I should go soon though... we barely know each other and I don't know if staying over is the right thing to do."

"Probably not. Want me to walk you back at least?" HyunJoong asked, watching YoungSaeng. "Or see you to a taxi."

"No, I'll be okay," YoungSaeng said, getting to his feet. "Thank you for listening to me though. We'll have to do it again."

"Anytime," HyunJoong chuckled, standing as well. "Call me whenever, as long as I'm off the air, I'll answer."

"Okay," YoungSaeng said, setting the bottle in his hands back down and going to the door to put his shoes on. "Night," he said when he left the apartment, the door closing behind him. It was too late to catch a train back, so he flagged a taxi down and thought about all that had happened that day on his way home.

 

 

 


 

 

Subscribe, comment and/or upvote if you liked the chapter!

Sorry for the wait ><;; No replies to comments this update, I'm out of town and posting in the hotel between running all over the place. Sorry guys ><;;; Will reply next week!!!