Chapter Fifteen

Bent, Not Broken

HyunJoong glanced at YoungSaeng beside him, meeting the other man's eyes. After a moment his lips quirked and he leaned in to give YoungSaeng a light kiss. "Believe it or not, I want to be with you too."

YoungSaeng resisted the urge to make another self-deprecating comment; it wasn't the right time to be his usual self. He returned the kiss, eyes slipping closed as he just tried to relax and enjoy his time with HyunJoong.

HyunJoong cupped YoungSaeng's face with one hand, tilting his head to the side to kiss him easier. After a long kiss he pulled back slightly, securing his arm around YoungSaeng and settling the other man against his side. "Comfortable?" he murmured.

"Mhm," YoungSaeng nodded, though he pouted a little when HyunJoong pulled away. "though, I think we missed the first fifteen minutes or so of the movie. I have no idea what's going on."

"Should we be paying attention then?" HyunJoong chuckled, burying his nose in YoungSaeng's hair and pressing a kiss to his temple.

"I wasn't really planning on it," YoungSaeng replied, nuzzling his body closer to HyunJoong. "Were you?"

"Well I was planning on watching it eventually, but I'd rather pay attention to you right now," HyunJoong murmured, making them both comfortable on the couch.

"Good, I'm kind of liking it when you pay attention to me," YoungSaeng said, turning his head just enough so he could brush his lips over HyunJoong's again.

HyunJoong's lips curled before he returned the kiss, turning his own head to make the position easier on YoungSaeng. He deepened the kiss, eyes closed and the hand that wasn't at YoungSaeng's waist resting against the other man's knee.

YoungSaeng found it extremely hard not to pull HyunJoong down off the couch right there, though he turned his body enough so it wasn't an awkward angle for either of them. He didn't let up on the kiss, lips parting as it deepened and he all but crawled into HyunJoong's lap as an arm found its way around HyunJoong's neck.

They kept up the heated kiss for a long few minutes, HyunJoong finally pulling YoungSaeng into his lap properly. His hand ran up and down the other man's back as he pulled back enough to breathe. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you're enjoying yourself," he murmured, voice a little scratchy as he brushed YoungSaeng's hair back out of his face and kissed his jaw.

"Maybe a little too much," YoungSaeng replied, slightly out of breath. His hands resting against HyunJoong's chest, he sat back enough to look down at him, lips quirking. "But I think I'm okay with it."

HyunJoong chuckled, smiling back up at him as he leaned back into the couch. "You look really good," he murmured, thumb lightly brushing against YoungSaeng's cheek.

"You still look better," YoungSaeng snorted. "But... thank you. I feel pretty good right about now."

"So I'm doing something right," HyunJoong smirked, drawing YoungSaeng back down into a kiss. The movie was entirely forgotten by now, the hand against YoungSaeng's cheek trailing back to twine into his soft black hair.

That really went without saying. As far as YoungSaeng was concerned, HyunJoong always did something right, especially if that something was kissing him or touching him. It was those few moments that YoungSaeng could shut off his mind and forget his worries, let himself be absorbed into something that was pure sensation.

Considering he'd barely touched the drink HyunJoong had made, maybe it wasn't the alcohol that emboldened him, but rather it was the way HyunJoong made him feel that YoungSaeng felt like he could do anything.

After another long kiss, HyunJoong pulled back again, brushing his lips against YoungSaeng's. "We're going to have to stop here, or I won't be able to help myself." He lightly massaged the back of YoungSaeng's neck.

Panting a little, YoungSaeng's eyes opened a sliver as he looked down at HyunJoong. "But... I don't want you to stop," he whispered.

"YoungSaeng…I don't want to do anything you're not ready for," HyunJoong murmured, looking back at him. "You're…so tempting."

"I don't know what I'm ready for Hyun... but I feel... I feel like I'm missing out," YoungSaeng said, catching his breath a little.

"Maybe you are." HyunJoong kissed YoungSaeng's lips again. "Tell me what you want, Saeng," he whispered.

The question presented so matter of factly made YoungSaeng shrink inside. He knew exactly what he wanted, he knew he wanted to tear off HyunJoong's clothes and run his tongue all over the man's body to start with. There was more of course, though he didn't know how to voice that.

Running his thumb over HyunJoong's collarbone, his eyes shifted so he was looking down at the man's shoulder. "I.. I want you Hyun," he said finally, his mouth going dry.

HyunJoong's lips curled into a smile, and he lifted one hand to tuck under YoungSaeng's chin, getting the other man to look at him. "You have me," he murmured, kissing him. He arranged YoungSaeng's legs around his waist, scooting forward a little. "Can you hold on? I won't drop you this time."

"Better not," YoungSaeng chuckled, sliding his arms around HyunJoong's neck and holding on tightly. "I could just walk... I'm not exactly light."

"You're not heavy either," HyunJoong replied, carefully standing. Making sure he had a good grip on YoungSaeng, he carried the other man to his bedroom. "And what fun would it be to make you walk all this way?" He closed the door behind them with one foot.

 

 

 

It didn't take long for KyuJong to arrive at JungMin's place; he'd stopped getting lost after the first couple visits. A large part of him was worried about leaving YoungSaeng alone, but he shook off the feeling; YoungSaeng was older than him, he could take care of himself for the evening. He'd just have to call to make sure he didn't forget to eat.

Arriving outside JungMin's apartment complex, he pressed the button for his boyfriend's apartment.

It wasn't a long wait on the response, the speaker crackling. "That you?" JungMin asked with a chuckle.

"Who else would it be?" KyuJong grinned. "Can I come in or do I have to serenade you first."

"Mmm... now that's tempting," JungMin replied, though the buzzer for the door went off. "Maybe later?"

"Later," KyuJong agreed, smiling as he pulled open the door. He went straight to the elevator, humming a song to himself and wondering if he'd actually get to sing for his boyfriend at some point. Arriving at JungMin's apartment, he knocked lightly on the closed door.

The locks turned and the door swung open, JungMin on the other side. His hair was still in sleepy disarray and his shirt and pants rumpled. "Hey," he said, leaving enough room for KyuJong to come in. "Hope I didn't disrupt any big plans."

"What plans? I was just going to watch TV or something," KyuJong chuckled, stepping in. "Did you just wake up?" He wrapped his arms around JungMin's waist, leaning in for a kiss.

"Mhm, woke up thinking about you," JungMin said, giving KyuJong a kiss as he closed the door. "I was having this dream where we were in bed and... well let's just say I really wanted to see you after that."

KyuJong gave JungMin a wry look, lips curled. "Is that why you're still not dressed? Planning on going straight back to bed?"

"Very tempting," JungMin said, his hands finding KyuJong's hips and pulling him close. "Or is that your way of telling me I need to get dressed?"

"It was just a question," KyuJong smiled at him. "You can take it however you like." He brushed his lips against JungMin's again. "Just wondering if there was an ulterior motive to inviting me over."

"What, I'm not able to invite you over without trying to get you into bed?" JungMin pouted at him. "Just because I may have woken up a little because you were doing some amazing things with your mouth in my dream doesn't mean I invited you over for . I missed you."

KyuJong grinned. "I missed you too. And you and I both know you wouldn't complain if we moved this into the bedroom right now." He reached up to cup JungMin's face lightly. "I really did miss you, Min."

"I wouldn't complain, but we're trying to take things slow," JungMin said. "You are always so tempting though." He leaned in for another kiss, an arm circling around KyuJong's waist. "What about you... would you complain?" he asked, pulling away enough to press kisses to KyuJong's jaw.

The older man bit his lower lip lightly, eyes half-closing. "Since when do I ever complain," he murmured, hand slowly running up and down JungMin's back. "I'm not the only one here who's tempting." He nudged JungMin backwards.

"I was trying to be good," JungMin said, continuing to mouth along KyuJong's neck as he backed them towards the hall. There were a couple of obstacles, namely hitting the wall a couple times until he pressed KyuJong up against his bedroom door. One hand was sliding up the back of KyuJong's shirt as he fumbled for the doorknob with the other.

lowly, KyuJong arched up against JungMin and pulled the younger man back up into a deep kiss. Fingers curling into JungMin's hair, he staggered slightly when the door opened behind him. He caught his balance after a moment, pulling JungMin back into the room.

When he turned to push JungMin back to the bed, a lump underneath the blankets made him stop in surprise. It took him a minute to realize it was a young man with bleach-blond hair he'd never met before, curled up and fast asleep despite the noise. "Who's…"

"Hm?" JungMin hadn't really caught on that KyuJong had stopped, his hands still under the back of KyuJong's shirt as he looked over his shoulder. "Oh... ." He had completely forgotten about SungMin being in his bed. "I swear Kyu, I had no idea he was there," he said, looking back at KyuJong.

It finally clicked that this had to be SungMin. KyuJong's gaze flicked from JungMin to the sleeping man, lips pressing together thinly. "How do you have no idea he's there?" he hissed quietly, pulling away from JungMin to hurry out of the bedroom.

"Because... dammit," JungMin groaned, running a hand through his hair as he followed after KyuJong. "I went to bed before he got home last night, and I didn't notice he was there when I woke up Kyu. I'm sorry, I completely forget he's here sometimes."

KyuJong turned back to JungMin once they were out in the main room. "Why is he even still here? I thought this was just a temporary thing? And you have furniture now, why's he in your bed?"

"... I'm not going to make him sleep on the couch," JungMin said. "He doesn't have anywhere to go Kyu, he still hasn't found a job. You want me to just kick him out onto the street?"

"No, but…" KyuJong covered his face with his hands, growing frustrated. "I don't like him in your bed Min, you know I don't like him staying in your bed!"

"Well you tell me what I'm supposed to do Kyu," JungMin said, his voice raising in irritation. "He's my friend and I'm trying to help him. It's not like I'm screwing him or something."

"And you had a dream about ? Really?" KyuJong lowered his hands, looking up at him. "Are you sure it was just a dream?"

JungMin's eyes narrowed at that. "What the is that supposed to mean?"

"It seems weird you'd have a dream like that and he's in bed with you," KyuJong said, taking a step back. "Doesn't it?"

"So he's blowing me in my sleep, that what you're saying?" JungMin said, his voice dropping. "Or what, I'm just letting him do whatever to me, asleep or not? I thought we were past this jealous Kyu."

"So I'm supposed to just be okay with my boyfriend sharing a bed with another guy he's slept with before?" KyuJong demanded, angry now. "How is it being jealous to not be okay with that? If you'd have seen me sleeping in the same bed with another guy you would have flipped tables, or do you really not care about that either?"

"If you told me he was your friend I would have believed you!" JungMin shot back. "If I was sleeping with someone else, you think I would invite you over to my place all the time when he's sleeping in my bed? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box Kyu but I'm not a complete idiot. I have never cheated on you and I'm not about to start now when we're trying to work things out!"

"How are we supposed to work things out with some guy sleeping in your bed?" KyuJong stared at him. "I kept telling you it bothers me, and you're just ignoring that! How is that 'working things out', Min?!"

"I'm not ignoring it! You really think I like this situation? I don't. I'm trying to make you happy, trying to do better but dammit Kyu you don't make this easy," JungMin said, throwing his hands up in frustration. "I just... I need time. I need time to get him on his feet and out of here and time to sort things out. I can't do that if we're having the same god damned argument every day!"

KyuJong fell silent at that, opening and closing his mouth before turning away. No, this wasn't working. He couldn't help how insecure he felt about the whole thing with SungMin, and JungMin obviously didn't understand that. At the same time, he couldn't ask JungMin to kick SungMin out of his apartment. It left him between a rock and a hard place, and maybe time really was the only answer. Time away.

He drew in a deep breath in an effort to calm himself, blinking back tears. "Okay, I…okay," he nodded, looking down at the floor. "We'll take time."

JungMin's shoulders slumped a little, looking away. "I'm really sorry about this Kyu... I want to be better for you, I really do. I just don't know where to start yet. Can we just... have today for us, ignore everything else right now and just focus on each other?"

KyuJong didn't answer for a long moment, just looking down at the floor. Finally he nodded. "Yeah…okay. I just need a moment." He needed a bit to calm down after the argument, still upset.

"Okay... you want to go somewhere? I mean.. he's still sleeping," JungMin said, trying not to look back at his bedroom door. He didn't know if even saying SungMin's name would upset KyuJong more at this point.

"Yeah, let's go somewhere," KyuJong agreed, still not looking at JungMin. "You need to get dressed first."

"Right..." JungMin sighed a little, stepping closer to KyuJong and putting his arms lightly around the man's shoulders. "I love you Kyu... please don't forget that."

KyuJong shut his eyes and leaned back against JungMin. "I love you too," he said quietly.

"I'll just be a minute, then we can go do whatever you want," JungMin said, kissing the side of KyuJong's head. He hugged him like that for another moment before finally pulling away and heading into bedroom. Opening the door quietly, he poked his head in to see if SungMin had woken up by then; they hadn't exactly been quiet with their argument.

The other man was wake, and sitting up in bed with his blond hair going messily in every direction. He didn't look entirely awake, blinking blearily at JungMin. "Hi…what's going on? Is everything okay?"

"Hey... sorry we woke you," JungMin said, crossing over to the closet. "Kyu came over and I kind of forgot you were in bed and he kind of threw a fit about it when he saw you. He still thinks I'm cheating on him with you or you're like molesting me in my sleep. I don't know."

"…Why would I molest someone in their sleep?" SungMin mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He seemed to wake up a little more, eyes following JungMin. "Hey…do you need me to leave? I don't want to come between you two or anything."

"No, no, it's fine," JungMin said, shaking his head as he pulled his shirt off and tossed it in the hamper. "Kyu's just a little... paranoid I guess. I said I'd help you get on your feet and I'm going to. Don't worry about Kyu, he'll be fine."

"If you're sure," SungMin frowned, watching him. After a moment he pushed the blankets off his legs to stand. "Though if you're trying to convince him you're not cheating on him or whatever, maybe you shouldn't be changing in the same room as me. Or at least let me lock myself in the bathroom before you start stripping."

"Not like it isn't anything you haven't seen before," JungMin snorted. "And it was just a shirt. Hey, we're going to head out and be back later, you going to be here or or are you going out?"

"That I've seen it before isn't the point here, brainiac," SungMin rolled his eyes, heading to the bathroom. "I'll be out…I think I got some good leads for a job finally." He stopped at the bathroom door, looking back at JungMin. "Hey. I really appreciate this."

"I know, and then once you get that new job you can pay me back," JungMin said, lips quirking a little. He finished changing while SungMin was in the bathroom, grabbing his wallet and keys from the bedside table before leaving the bedroom. "Okay Kyu, where are we going?" he said, checking to see how much money he had in his wallet.

KyuJong was curled up in one of the new chairs, staring blankly at the wall. The walls weren't exactly thick, and JungMin had never totally learned about indoor voices…so he'd heard everything they said.

Chewing on his lower lip, his gaze lifted to JungMin when the younger man reappeared. KyuJong unfolded his legs and stood. "Let's just walk."

"Okay... if that's what you want," JungMin said, frowning a little. "You want to just go to your place? I can come over there from now on if that would make you feel better."

"YoungSaeng's working," KyuJong shook his head, heading to the door. "Let's walk to the river." Anywhere was better than here, right now.

"Sounds good," JungMin nodded, following him out. "Maybe we can get some lunch or something... then uh... he'll be gone for the rest of the day if you want to come back?"

"Maybe." KyuJong didn't want to think about it right now, avoiding thoughts of the stranger in JungMin's apartment. Eyes downcast, he slipped out of the apartment and waited to the side for JungMin to lock up. "Do you work tonight?"

"Yeah... but not till after ten," JungMin said, closing the door behind him. "Plenty of time right?"

"Yeah…plenty of time," KyuJong echoed. Watching JungMin, he drew in a deep breath and reached out to curl his fingers lightly around his boyfriend's. "Let's go."

Threading his fingers between KyuJong's, JungMin tried a small smile as they started towards the elevator. "We'll be okay Kyu."

Nodding, KyuJong managed a smile for his boyfriend. "Yeah. We'll be fine."

Though he already knew their argument would hang over their heads for the rest of the day. KyuJong would need to think on this when he went back to the apartment…because he did love JungMin, and if they kept going as they had been, the next break-up could end up being permanent.

 

 

 


 

Eeee so many lovely comments after so long ♥︎ You guys rock. Thank you for being so understanding, and thanks for the welcome backs ♥︎

To new readers (cause I see some new subscribers while I was MIA), welcome and thanks for subscribing! Your comments, favorites and subscriptions mean a lot to me and Kat *internet hugs*