Chapter Twelve

Bent, Not Broken

Only once they were alone in a back room, the music muffled by the door, did SungMin seem to relax. "Okay. Sorry for dropping in on you like this, you probably want nothing to do with us, but…" He pushed his hair out of his face. "I need help. Or advice, rather."

"I can try, but why come to me?" JungMin asked, leaning up against the wall. "What's wrong?"

"This will probably sound really pathetic, but you're the only one I can talk to," SungMin snorted, looking away. "I'm done. No more parties, no more with random strangers, no more drugs."

That took JungMin completely by surprise and it was a few seconds before he could reply. "What? Why? I mean, that's actually a really good thing but did something happen?"

"I had a wake-up call, let's put it that way," SungMin shook his head. "It was a long time coming." He glanced back at JungMin. "But it doesn't leave me with a lot of options. Selling drugs was the only income I had."

"So why are you coming to me?" JungMin asked, looking warily at SungMin. "I'm not giving you any money SungMin. I don't even have any money to give you. What about HeeChul and HongKi? They turn you down?"

"I'm not asking for money," SungMin scowled a little. "HeeChul took off to god knows where, and talking to HongKi about anything is a lost cause. I'm not here looking for handouts, JungMin, I said I needed advice."

"I don't know what kind of advice I'm supposed to give you," JungMin said. "Why don't we back up and you tell me what's going on."

SungMin shifted from foot to foot, looking unhappy. "I invited someone over for a party, and he robbed us at knife-point. Scared HeeChul enough he hasn't been back to our shared place yet, and I decided I'd rather not go through that again."

JungMin's eyes widened at the story. No wonder SungMin looked so nervous. "Do you need a place to stay? I mean I don't have much but... if you want out, you need a clean break, away from all those people. I can help you."

"I thought those people you were staying with kicked you out?" SungMin raised an eyebrow. "Or are you with your boyfriend now."

"I've been staying with Kyu, but I got my own place, just today in fact," JungMin said. "The only thing I've got is a bed and some ramen in the cupboard, but it'll be safe."

SungMin looked like he was debating the offer, frowning down at his shoes. After a moment he sighed and looked up at JungMin. "…Thanks. I wasn't really looking forward to searching for a cheap place to stay on top of everything else."

"Well it's not permanent, but just until you can get yourself a real job," JungMin said. He glanced towards the door, chewing a little on his lip. "My boyfriend's going to kill me. Hang out until I'm off tonight, you can get whatever you want from the bar, I'll let them know to put it on my tab. Just don't leave, okay?"

"Wasn't planning on it," SungMin's lips quirked slightly. "I'll repay you for this."

"Don't worry about it," JungMin said, going to the door. "I'll be out at three, we can go from there... SungMin, I know it probably could have come under better circumstances, but it's not a bad thing leaving that life behind."

"Maybe I'll see it that way eventually," SungMin shrugged, smirking a little. "You seem to have a good life outside of partying, I'm glad things worked out for you."

"We'll see," JungMin muttered to himself as he left the back room. It didn't take long until he saw where KyuJong was seated with someone he didn't recognize. Frowning, he approached the table. "Hey, I've got a few minutes," he said, nudging KyuJong over and sitting next to him. "Who's this?"

KyuJong looked up at JungMin and beamed. "This is HyunJoong," he motioned to the other man. "HyunJoong, my boyfriend JungMin."

HyunJoong nodded at JungMin, lips quirked. "KyuJong's been bragging about your DJ skills."

JungMin eyed HyunJoong, not sure what was going on. The man seemed familiar, but was probably just a regular club goer. That didn't explain why he was sitting with KyuJong though. "Where's YoungSaeng?"

"He went to the bathroom…he's been a while though," KyuJong blinked.

"…Maybe I should check on him," HyunJoong sighed, standing up and stretching out his arms. "Want me to get you a drink on the way back?"

"Sure," KyuJong nodded, watching HyunJoong go before smiling at JungMin. "Hey, miss me that much?" He leaned in to give JungMin a kiss.

"Yeah... who is he and why are you sitting with him?" JungMin asked, not returning the kiss.

"HyunJoong's a friend of YoungSaeng's," KyuJong blinked at JungMin, omitting the part where YoungSaeng and HyunJoong were kinda-sorta-not-dating, or whatever they were. "Kept him company while I visited you upstairs. He's a radio host."

"... A friend of YoungSaeng's? He's a club crawler, how would YoungSaeng know him?" JungMin asked, clearly not believing.

"Club crawler? You've seen him around?" KyuJong asked. "I didn't get the full details, but YoungSaeng was in a club before with YunHo to work on his newest article, he met HyunJoong then."

"I work in a club, of course I've seen him around," JungMin said. "YoungSaeng doesn't seem the type to hang out with people like him."

"Well, they're friends, and he's a nice guy," KyuJong frowned. "What's wrong, JungMin."

"Nothing, I just find it a little weird is all," JungMin said. "YoungSaeng just happens to befriend a gay guy in the couple of days you and I were broken up. He trying to set you up with him or something?"

KyuJong pulled back slightly, looked at JungMin with a frown. "What would it even matter? I have a boyfriend, and they both know it."

"Exactly," JungMin said, putting his arm around KyuJong's waist and holding onto him protectively. "Even if he's absolutely gorgeous, you're mine. Look, something's come up we need to talk about."

"He might be gorgeous, but he's no JungMin," KyuJong poked the younger man's stomach. "What's up?"

"I just ran into someone.. SungMin," JungMin replied. "He needs a place to stay and I told him he could stay with me until he gets on his feet."

"SungMin?" KyuJong frowned. Why did he have the feeling he'd heard that name before? "Who's he?"

"Someone that I met," JungMin said. "He's the one that got me involved in the parties.. but he says he's done with all that now."

KyuJong realized then why the name sounded familiar. "…Oh. He was…one of the people with you, that night?" He asked slowly.

"...Yeah," JungMin nodded. "He needs help, Kyu. He doesn't know anyone who isn't involved in drugs and parties. I'm going to help him."

"…Okay," KyuJong nodded, brow furrowed. He felt uneasy, distinctly remembering JongWoon telling him JungMin had been having with the people he had been with. That meant possibly SungMin too. "But you're not…what if he isn't done with that stuff?"

"Then I'm kicking him out on his ," JungMin said firmly. "I'm done with that, and I told him I'd help him get through this. I'm not looking to get back into that scene."

KyuJong met JungMin's eyes, reading the other man's expression. After a moment he sighed and nodded. "Okay. If you're sure."

"I am, thanks," JungMin said, smiling a little in relief. "But um, I'll be going home to my new apartment tonight after work. So you don't need to stick around here if you don't want to."

"Okay," KyuJong nodded, looking down and linking their fingers together. "I'll leave when YoungSaeng does, then. Text to let me know you got home safe?"

"Yeah, but don't yell at me if I wake you up at four in the morning," JungMin said. "Okay, I've got to get back up there. See me before you leave okay?"

"I will." KyuJong reached over and pulled JungMin into a kiss. "Be careful," he said when he pulled back.

"I will," JungMin echoed, getting to his feet and leaving.

It was then that YoungSaeng returned, stumbling a little as he collapsed into the booth. "Kyu... Kyu..." he said, blinking slowly. "They make... awesome shots here."

"…I thought you had only one drink before," KyuJong frowned at YoungSaeng, seeing HyunJoong following behind the other man.

"I found him by the bar," HyunJoong looked more amused than anything.

"Maybe it's time to go home," KyuJong suggested.

"One drink," YoungSaeng nodded. "But... nothing about shoots... shops... shots." He pouted at KyuJong. "I'm fine, I want to dance. Hyun, let's go dance."

"But you don't even like dancing," KyuJong frowned at YoungSaeng. "No dancing, not in your current state. Sit down, relax, and drink some water."

"I am sitting," YoungSaeng said. "I don't want water, I want to dance, and I want to make out with him," he said, pointing at HyunJoong as he tried to get to his feet.

KyuJong eyed HyunJoong, who shrugged before steadying YoungSaeng with one arm. "I think he's had enough to drink."

"More than enough," KyuJong sighed, standing. "Okay Saeng, we're going home."

"But... but what about Hyun?" YoungSaeng asked, wrapping an arm around HyunJoong's neck and leaning into him. "You want to come home with us?"

"If I'm invited, sure," HyunJoong blinked, arm around YoungSaeng's waist to keep him steady.

"Okay, I have to tell JungMin we're leaving," KyuJong shook his head. If he hurried, he'd be able to catch his boyfriend before he went back to work. "HyunJoong, keep him here, don't let him go anywhere," he pointed at the other man in warning before turning and hurrying towards the back of the club.

"Well, I'm inviting you," YoungSaeng said, smiling up at HyunJoong, his eyes glazed over. "And you can spend the night and do some of this," he said as he leaned in to give HyunJoong a sloppy drunk kiss.

"Uh-huh," HyunJoong let YoungSaeng kiss him, rubbing his hand along the other man's back. "Just try and stay awake till we get there, you're not very good with your alcohol YoungSaeng."

"I know," YoungSaeng pouted. "You drink like a fish. It's not fair. I'm... a drunk mess. But I feel so good. I like this feeling."

"I'm not a lightweight like you, that's why," HyunJoong chuckled. He leaned back against the wall, arms circled around YoungSaeng's waist to keep the other man with him. "How many shots did you have before I got there?"

YoungSaeng seemed to think about that, his face scrunched up. "Um... there was a contest? I lost... I lost count. More than two.. I think."

"Well, no wonder you're this drunk," HyunJoong shook his head.

KyuJong returned, panting a little. "Okay, let's go catch a taxi, no way we're gonna make it back on the subway." He stepped up to YoungSaeng's other side to help support his best friend.

"I'm fine," YoungSaeng sighed, trying to push KyuJong off of him. "Hyun, I changed my mind, let's go to your place."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," HyunJoong glanced at KyuJong.

Relieved that HyunJoong at least seemed to realize YoungSaeng was well over his limit, KyuJong sighed. "Come on Saeng, we're going to our apartment." He backed off slightly, still within reach in case YoungSaeng fell, but HyunJoong seemed to have him steady as they started towards the door.

"But I don't want to," YoungSaeng whined. He really wasn't in a position to argue though, since HyunJoong was practically carrying him out of the club. "It's so cold, and lonely, and Hyun... Hyun..." he looked up at HyunJoong, eyes big and wide. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

"You won't be," HyunJoong replied, lips quirked slightly as he looked down at YoungSaeng. "Just relax."

Reaching the curb, KyuJong flagged down a taxi for them and got into the front seat so HyunJoong and YoungSaeng could have the back. He gave the driver their address as HyunJoong helped YoungSaeng sit down.

YoungSaeng's attempt to all but climb into HyunJoong's lap was thwarted by the seat belt, and he fussed with it to little success. "I'm sorry I ran away from you," he said. "I should have... should have stayed with you. Hyun, will you stay with me?"

"That depends on your roommate, and if you're going to flip out on me in the morning," HyunJoong commented, adjusting the seatbelt so it wasn't going to choke the other man. KyuJong turned his head to listen to their conversation, frowning.

"Ignore Kyu, he doesn't control me or what I do," YoungSaeng said, trying to grab HyunJoong's hand. "Why would I freak out? I like you, I like when you kiss me... you are so hot."

"And you are wasted right now," HyunJoong snorted, wrapping his arm around YoungSaeng's waist.

"HyunJoong, when we get there, can I talk to you?" KyuJong spoke up.

HyunJoong glanced up at the other man and nodded. "Sure."

"See, now he's going to try to be the big brother, but I'm older," YoungSaeng said, wrinkling his nose at KyuJong. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"Working, he's going to his own place tonight so I can look after my drunk best friend," KyuJong made a face back at YoungSaeng.

"Oh, that's too bad," YoungSaeng hummed. "We'll try not to keep you up. Just like you and your boyfriend did for me."

Frowning at YoungSaeng, KyuJong shook his head and faced front. "Having any sort of conversation with you is impossible when you're drunk."

They arrived outside the apartment building not long after, KyuJong paying for their fare. HyunJoong got YoungSaeng out of the back, arm around his waist in case he fell. "Easy there."

"I can walk just fine," YoungSaeng said, though he wasn't complaining about HyunJoong holding onto him. Fortunately their building had an elevator, though all the walking around was starting to sober YoungSaeng up. By the time they made it into the apartment though, he was ready to collapse and did so on the couch. "Kyuuuu, I'm thirsty," he whined, face half smushed against the couch cushion.

"I told you to drink water," KyuJong sighed, heading off into the kitchen to pour a glass. "No more alcohol for you." HyunJoong was laughing beside the couch.

"Don't want alcohol, want water," YoungSaeng said, closing his eyes. "Hyun.... please stay," he said quietly, holding out his hand to him.

"If that's what you want, okay," HyunJoong took YoungSaeng's hand and pulled the other man up so his face wasn't smushed against the cushions.

"Here." KyuJong returned with the glass, holding it out to YoungSaeng. "You gonna behave yourself for a minute while I talk to HyunJoong?"

"Yes," YoungSaeng said meekly, taking the water with both hands and sipping at it.

"Good," KyuJong's lips quirked, and he looked at HyunJoong before heading back into the kitchen.

When HyunJoong followed him, he turned around and eyed the older man, arms folded across his chest. "Okay. I don't know much about you, or how serious you are about YoungSaeng, but I'm going to make one thing clear. Try taking advantage of him being drunk, and I'm kicking you out."

"I wasn't planning on it, but thanks for the warning I guess," HyunJoong shrugged, hands in his pockets.

"Just making sure. He's my best friend, and I look after him." KyuJong tried to tell what HyunJoong was thinking, but his expression wasn't easy to read. "And if you do decide to stay over…just be warned, he might not be in as good a mood when he wakes up and isn't under the influence of alcohol."

HyunJoong shook his head. "Guess we'll see. Was there anything else?"

KyuJong frowned at how nonchalant the other man was being. Either he wasn't bothered by any of this, or he really didn't care. For YoungSaeng's sake, he hoped it was the former. "…No. Just be gentle with him."

"I am, you don't have to worry about that," HyunJoong smiled and he nodded to KyuJong before heading back out into the living room. KyuJong sighed and followed.

"Did you have a nice talk?" YoungSaeng asked, smiling up at HyunJoong when they came back out.

"Sure," HyunJoong snorted, sitting down next to YoungSaeng. "Are you getting tired?"

"No, not tired," Youngsaeng said, shaking his head as he tried to prove it by scooting over to sit in HyunJoong's lap. Arms going around HyunJoong's neck, he leaned in for a kiss. "Unless you are?"

"No, but I'm not the one who decided to have a drinking contest," HyunJoong smirked, returning the kiss and wrapping his arms around YoungSaeng's waist.

"That's what happened?" KyuJong sighed. "I'm going to bed, Saeng," he waved, heading for his bedroom after giving HyunJoong a warning look.

"Night Kyu!" YoungSaeng waved before returning to look down at HyunJoong. "I'm fine, really. In fact, I bet I can get to my room without any help."

"Want to test that?" HyunJoong snorted, watching YoungSaeng with amusement.

"Long as you follow," YoungSaeng said, giving HyunJoong another kiss before slowly sliding off of his lap. Once on his feet, he held his hands out to the older man to help him up. "See? Not even falling down yet."

"You haven't made it into your room yet." Taking YoungSaeng's hands, HyunJoong stood. He didn't support the other man, but stood beside him just in case YoungSaeng did fall.

"I'll prove I can," YoungSaeng said, keeping his hand in HyunJoong's and leading him towards his bedroom. True to his word, he didn't stumble or fall, though it was obvious he was still tipsy by the way he kind of meandered as they walked. At his bedroom door, he stopped and turned, leaning up against the closed door. "The only person who has ever come into my room is KyuJong," he said, looking up at him. "I've never had anyone sleep in my bed before."

HyunJoong stepped closer, hands resting against YoungSaeng's waist. "And you're sure that's okay with you," he confirmed, looking down the few inches into YoungSaeng's eyes.

YoungSaeng nodded, reaching behind him to find the door handle. "I'm sure... I've dreamed about it for so long. Holding me in your arms, falling asleep so warm and safe."

"We just met a couple days ago," HyunJoong raised an eyebrow, stepping back enough that YoungSaeng wouldn't fall through the door when it opened.

"So?" YoungSaeng just shrugged, taking HyunJoong's hands again and walking backwards towards his bed. "Doesn't mean I can't dream about it." He managed to stop just shy of the bed, his arms going around HyunJoong's neck as he leaned in for another kiss.

HyunJoong returned the kiss, one arm circling around YoungSaeng's waist and his other hand running through the man's soft hair. "Hows' your head?" He murmured, pressing soft kisses to YoungSaeng's jaw.

"Probably going to hurt in the morning," YoungSaeng replied breathlessly, his head tipping to the side. "But that feels nice."

Chuckling, HyunJoong ducked his head a little to kiss the side of YoungSaeng's neck. "I didn't bring anything to change into, don't usually follow people back to their place."

"That mean you usually take people to your place?" YoungSaeng replied, lips curling upwards. "I might have something you can wear... but that you really need to be wearing anything."

"Tempting, considering I usually don't sleep with clothes on anyways." HyunJoong straightened to kiss YoungSaeng's soft lips. "But not this time."

"Spoilsport," YoungSaeng huffed against his mouth. "Why would you say that, just to frustrate me?"

"Maybe," HyunJoong chuckled. He drew YoungSaeng to sit down on the bed with him, arms circled securely around the other man.

"You're a tease," YoungSaeng replied, nuzzling into him and trying to crawl into his lap. "I want you Hyun... why is that so bad?"

"Because you're drunk off your ," HyunJoong murmured, stopping YoungSaeng from reaching his lap and pressing his lips to the corner of YoungSaeng's mouth. "Tell me that when you're sober."

"But when I'm sober, I'm too scared," YoungSaeng said, whining a little when he was thwarted. "Can't do this when I'm sober..." His eyes lowered and his face crumpled. "Why can't I?"

"Hey," HyunJoong sighed, rubbing his hand up and down YoungSaeng's arm. "It's okay. You'll get there eventually."

"Would you sleep with me if I was sober?" YoungSaeng asked after a few moments of quiet sniffling.

"If you want to sleep with me when you're sober," HyunJoong chuckled at the question. "That's the real question. I've already told you, I think you're gorgeous." He pressed a kiss to YoungSaeng's temple.

"I do.. even if I won't admit it," YoungSaeng sighed, closing his eyes. "I hate myself sometimes. Always getting in my way. There's nothing to be scared of..." he hummed softly, already drifting off to sleep sitting up.

"Nothing at all," HyunJoong shook his head. Seeing YoungSaeng drifting off, he sighed and reached over with his free hand to pull the covers down. "Here…" He hooked his arm under YoungSaeng's knees and shifted the other man up the bed to lie down properly.

YoungSaeng didn't even stir, settling down into the blankets with a sigh of contentment. His hand crept out over the blanket though, searching for HyunJoong. "Stay?" he asked, the word slurred and barely audible.

Smiling, HyunJoong climbed onto the bed and settled down beside YoungSaeng. "Try not to kick me off in the morning," he murmured, wrapping one arm securely around YoungSaeng's waist.

 

 


 

Mianhe for taking so long to update >< I needed a long break. Posting stories every week non-stop for a couple years...LOL yeah, I needed some time off. Hopefully there'll be regular updates again.

Please subscribe, upvote and/or comment if you liked this chapter! Means a lot :)