Chapter Eleven

Bent, Not Broken

The one thing JungMin loved more than anything else in the world (except maybe KyuJong, but it wasn't something he'd thought about yet), was his job. He loved every day that he went to work, lost himself in the music. He loved how he could be the center of attention even if no one was looking at him. Sometimes he felt like a conductor, the people on the dance floor moved to the music, shifting to the tempos of each song he mixed. He couldn't imagine doing anything else in his life.

Which was why he loved it when KyuJong would come to work with him, so he could share that feeling. Even if it had been a point of strife between them in the past, JungMin still wanted to share that with him.

"I want you to come to the club with me tonight," JungMin said softly. Once KyuJong had come home from work, he'd kidnapped the man and held him hostage on the bed, curled up tightly around him. "You don't work tomorrow, it will be fun."

Opening his eyes, KyuJong looked up at JungMin, brow furrowed. He'd never been much of a club person; the only reason he went was to be with JungMin. But considering their past problems with KyuJong following JungMin to work, he was understandably apprehensive about this. "What would I do while you're working?"

"You could be my assistant," JungMin said. "Help me pick out songs, bring me water. It could be fun. Or you could always bring YoungSaeng, isn't he doing something that has to do with the club scene?"

"Uh…yeah, I can ask him," KyuJong frowned. He didn't know if YoungSaeng would be up to going to a club again, but there was no harm in asking. "I guess I can go then. When do you have to leave?"

"In about an hour," JungMin said, running his hand up and down KyuJong's back. "There's something else I wanted to let you know about... I got an apartment today."

"Oh?" KyuJong smiled at that; he was torn on whether or not he should be happy that JungMin wouldn't be spending every night with him anymore, but agreed that space was needed if they were to take their relationship slowly. That and from what he knew of JungMin, the younger man had never really owned his own place. "That's fantastic Min. Furnished, or will you be looking for furniture too?"

"I'll be looking for furniture, already bought a bed since that's most important," JungMin said. "And all I need anyway. I can get more things later, I'm in no hurry."

"Okay. Want help?" KyuJong asked, hand trailing along JungMin's arm. "I can help out, with food at the least."

"As much as I would love help, I think this is something I need to do for myself," JungMin said with a small sigh. "If I'm going to get my life together finally, I want to be able to say I did it on my own."

KyuJong had been expecting that, but smiled anyways. "All right. As long as you know I'm right here to help. Even if it's just making sure you're not eating take-out four nights in a row." He leaned up, kissing JungMin.

"Well I doubt I'd be eating by myself four nights in a row," JungMin snorted, kissing KyuJong's temple. "But thank you for the offer, I appreciate it."

Smiling, KyuJong soaked in the comfort of JungMin's arms for a minute longer before sighing and sitting up. "I should go ask YoungSaeng if he's coming along. I'll be right back, unless you're going somewhere?"

"Nope, not going anywhere until it's time to go," JungMin said, pouting at the loss of body heat. "Hurry back."

"I will." KyuJong got up from the bed and left his bedroom, searching for his roommate. "YoungSaeng?" He checked by the table.

"Hm?" YoungSaeng was curled up one of the chairs, a mug of tea in his hands as he looked up at KyuJong. "What's up?"

"Hey," KyuJong smiled, stopping. "I'm going with JungMin to Cloud in an hour…did you want to come along?"

YoungSaeng frowned a little at that. "So I can watch you hang all over your boyfriend all night? I don't know Kyu..."

"He'll be working, I don't think I'll be around him all that often," KyuJong shrugged. "I just thought since you're working on that paper, you might be planning to go back to Itaewon eventually anyways."

"Well, yeah... but..." YoungSaeng sighed, setting his tea down on the table. "Okay I wasn't completely honest with you earlier when you asked where I went last night. Remember that guy I was going to set you up with, the one from the club? I went to his place."

"…Oh? The cute radio host?" KyuJong raised an eyebrow before sitting down beside YoungSaeng. "Why'd you go to his place?"

"Because I panicked when YunHo came over and I needed someone to talk to," YoungSaeng said, closing his eyes. "I kissed him."

"You did?" KyuJong's lips curled into a smile, before he realized YoungSaeng didn't look all that pleased. "Why don't you seem happy then, did something else happen? He isn't a jerk, is he?"

"No, he's not a jerk," YoungSaeng shook his head. "He's a nice guy and gave me some good advice. I just....I don't know if it was the right thing to do. I mean what if next time he wants more than a kiss, what if he doesn't want to be with someone who isn't out."

"Oh, Saeng," KyuJong saddened. "If you're worried, talk to him about it, make it clear what you're worried about. Do you want to be with him?"

"I don't know," YoungSaeng shrugged. "He's cute, he seemed to like kissing me. Is that it though? Is it fair to ask someone who's out to even try for a relationship with someone who isn't. Someone who up until last night had never even kissed someone else." He looked up at KyuJong finally, lips quirked. "He's not YunHo."

KyuJong's shoulders slumped slightly. "No, he isn't YunHo. But you can't keep holding onto him like this, Saeng. It's just hurting you."

"I know, but it's hard to just let it go," YoungSaeng said quietly. "It's part of why I called HyunJoong in the first place. Help me take my mind off of him. Last night, all I could think of was HyunJoong and kissing him and how good he smelled... and looked. He asked me to stay over even and I was so... so tempted to. Maybe if I had I wouldn't be doubting myself today."

"Or freaking out even more," KyuJong sighed, reaching out and taking YoungSaeng's hand. "You were drinking last night, weren't you? You weren't exactly…steady walking through the apartment."

"I may have had a bottle of soju... or more," YoungSaeng said. "When I drink, I don't feel so scared to be who I am. I'm comfortable and happy and feel so free to do whatever. I can see why your boyfriend likes to drink."

KyuJong's lips quirked, and he shook his head slightly. "But if you hadn't been drinking, if you'd felt that comfortable without the alcohol, would you be this worried now?" he asked. "I'm worried about you, Saeng."

"No, but it wouldn't have happened," YoungSaeng said. "I think you've got more than enough things to worry about without having to worry about me too Kyu."

"You've known me for how long? I always worry about my friends," KyuJong's lips quirked, and he squeezed YoungSaeng's hand. "If there's anything you need me to do, just say the word. I can even talk to this radio host of yours, if you don't feel like you can do it."

"It's probably best if I try and fight my own battles, but thank you Kyu," YoungSaeng said. "I'll go with you tonight, if nothing more than to keep you company while your boyfriend's working."

"Okay," KyuJong smiled. "And I'll keep you from getting passed-out drunk again," he teased.

"But that's the fun part," YoungSaeng muttered, picking his tea up again. "You haven't told JungMin about me, have you?"

"No, of course not," KyuJong shook his head. "That's for you to tell, when you're ready. No one's going to hear about this if you don't want them to."

"Thank you," YoungSaeng looked up, giving him a small smile. "When are we leaving?"

"Less than an hour," KyuJong's lips quirked, and he stood. "Thanks for coming along, Saeng." He headed back towards his bedroom, slipping inside. "You're not asleep, are you?"

"Maybe," JungMin chuckled, stretching out from the curled up position he had been in. "So, is he coming then?"

"Yeah, he'll keep me company while you're working hard," KyuJong smiled, going back to the bed and sitting down. "You really like that job, don't you?"

"I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life," JungMin said. "Maybe you should try it one time with me, you might like it."

"I wouldn't know the first thing about DJing," KyuJong laughed, dropping down onto his back next to JungMin. "Or music for that matter."

"There isn't much to it, you just have to have a feel for it," JungMin said. "You know how when you're dancing, and you get caught up the feel of the beat... it's like it's running right through you."

"I'll have to take your word for it, since I have two left feet," KyuJong smirked, turning his head to look at JungMin. "You're good though, whenever you're working it looks like everyone's having a great time."

'I am, I'm not thinking about anything but the music," JungMin said. "I don't even notice who's around me sometimes." His eyes met KyuJong's and he smiled a little. "Is there anything you like to do like that? That makes you forget the whole world?"

"Besides being with you?" KyuJong cheesed, smiling in return.

JungMin snorted at that, rolling over so he could pin KyuJong to the mattress. "You can be really tempting sometimes you know that?" he said, leaning down to give KyuJong a kiss.

Laugh cut off, KyuJong kissed JungMin back. "I'm not doing anything though," he wrapped his arms loosely around JungMin's neck, looking up at the younger man with a coy smile. "Just answering your question."

"Uh huh, you know what you were doing," JungMin said, sliding his hands down to KyuJong's ribs. His lips quirked slightly before he started attacking KyuJong's sides with his fingers.

KyuJong shrieked in surprise, bucking and pushing at JungMin. "Min! Stop!" He laughed, trying to push the hands away from his sides. "I give!"

Laughing, JungMin let up, though he kept his hands poised over KyuJong's sides. "But I like it," he said, a little out of breath. "And you almost knocked me off the bed, you've got some power hips there."

"Like you wouldn't know that already." KyuJong took advantage of the moment's reprieve to put those hips to use, flipping them both over. Miscalculating how much strength that would take, he nearly rolled off the other side of the bed with a surprised yelp.

Luckily JungMin caught him in time, holding KyuJong steady who was straddling his waist now. "Oh, I know you do, which is kind of why I didn't want to quit tickling you," he said with a grin.

"Devious," KyuJong wrinkled his nose down at JungMin. "Does this mean it's my turn now?" He poked at JungMin's exposed stomach, the younger man's shirt ridden up.

"No, it does not, I have to go to work soon Kyu," JungMin said, wrinkling his nose right back. "Stop being so tempting."

"I wasn't even doing anything, I swear, you're the one who started the tickling," KyuJong stuck his tongue out at JungMin. "I think anything I do you'll end up finding tempting for some reason or another, maybe I should wear a mask from now on."

JungMin tilted his head a little, eyes narrowing in thought. "Hmm... No, I'd find that tempting too. You're just very tempting Kyu, all the time. I can't help it. I think it's your ." His hands found said and gave a light squeeze.

Squawking in surprise, KyuJong reached behind him and grabbed JungMin's hands. "Min. For someone who said they have to work soon, you're not making this any easier on yourself." He pulled JungMin's hands back in front of him, lacing their fingers together.

"Do I ever make things easier on myself?" JungMin mused, tugging KyuJong down for another kiss. "I am being good, otherwise I'd have had you undressed by now."

"I know," KyuJong murmured into the kiss, pulling back enough to look down at JungMin with a small smile. "If it makes you feel better, I'm holding back too right now. But taking this slow will be good for us."

"Yeah, and I'm okay with us going slow," JungMin said. "Not that it isn't frustrating, but I want you to know how committed I am to us. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to grab your again. You have a great ."

"Okay, you're getting a little too fixated on my ," KyuJong snorted, rolling off of JungMin to lie down beside him again. "But…thanks, for being okay with this."

"Well it was my idea, would be kind of a move to go back on my word now," JungMin said, glancing at the clock. "Should probably get going, you want to stop and get dinner on the way?"

"Sure," KyuJong smiled, sitting up. He leaned over and kissed JungMin lightly before standing. "What do you want to get?"

JungMin shrugged, getting up as well. "Whatever we can find."

"Okay," KyuJong nodded, going to the door and leaning out. "Saeng? Wanna get some dinner on the way there?"

"Sure," YoungSaeng shrugged. "I'll get changed and then we can go." He disappeared into his room and within a few minutes they were heading out.

YoungSaeng was used to feeling like a third wheel, but that didn't mean he liked it. He could tell they were at least trying to include him in the conversation during dinner, but his heart wasn't in it.

By the time they reached the club and JungMin had given KyuJong a quick kiss before heading to the back, YoungSaeng was ready for a drink. "Two drinks, then cut me off," he told KyuJong when they approached the bar.

"I'll do my best, but I'm sure you'll be protesting the whole time," KyuJong chuckled, slinging his arm over YoungSaeng's shoulders. He ordered for them, hopping up onto a stool and picking up his bottle when it arrived. "You've never been to Cloud before, right? Min's the best DJ they have."

"I've been to total of one club so far Kyu," YoungSaeng rolled his eyes. "And it's not like you spend that much time out at clubs either."

"I know, but he's still their best DJ," KyuJong grinned. "How's your article coming along so far?" He sipped at his drink.

"We're not going to talk about the article," YoungSaeng said, sliding the glass around on top of the bar between his hands. "I'm not going to talk about it at all, with anyone but YunHo until it's done."

"Why?" KyuJong frowned. "You know I could help, and we're best friends."

"Because I don't need help," YoungSaeng said, looking over at him. "This is something I need to do on my own Kyu."

"…All right," KyuJong frowned. "Just remember I'll be around if you need help."

"YoungSaeng?" A voice nearby made KyuJong look up, and he blinked when he saw someone he didn't know approach the bar. "Hey, I didn't expect to see you back at this end of town so soon," the man had a lopsided, easy going smile.

YoungSaeng was in the midst of taking a sip of his drink when he heard the familiar voice and nearly ended up sputtering all over KyuJong in shock. Turning, he blinked a couple of times, half between shock and confusion. "HyunJoong?" he said, setting his drink down. "Um... yeah, I didn't either. This is my roommate, KyuJong. Kyu, this is... HyunJoong."

"Oh…you're the cute radio host," KyuJong blinked. Well, HyunJoong was definitely good looking. "How did you manage to pick up the hottest guy in the club your first day," he asked YoungSaeng. HyunJoong looked highly amused, grinning.

"...I didn't do anything, he approached me," YoungSaeng muttered, glaring daggers at KyuJong before turning back to HyunJoong. "I thought you didn't frequent this bar?" he asked, trying to keep the conversation light.

"I don't, but the other club was too crowded so I moved here for the night," HyunJoong shrugged. "What are you doing here? Back for that paper?" He leaned against the bar, ordering a drink.

"Kind of... but mostly to keep KyuJong company while his boyfriend works," YoungSaeng said. "He's the DJ tonight and dragged Kyu with him, so here I am."

"Ah, gotcha," HyunJoong chuckled. "I'm not interrupting anything then?"

"Not at all," KyuJong answered for them, smiling widely as he leaned forward. "I should actually go check on him. You okay here for a few minutes, Saeng?"

"What?" YoungSaeng's eyes widened and he grabbed KyuJong's sleeve as he leaned closer. "What are you doing? You can't leave me alone with him," he hissed between his teeth.

"Why not? He seems like a nice guy," KyuJong whispered, patting YoungSaeng's hand. "I'll just be a few minutes, relax."

"You better come back," YoungSaeng said, releasing his grip on KyuJong and letting him go.

"I will," KyuJong nodded, standing and leaving the bar area.

"Is everything all right?" HyunJoong asked, brow furrowed.

"Yes, everything's fine," YoungSaeng said, trying not to look too nervous. "Kyu promised he would keep me from drinking because as you know, I can't hold my liquor. He's going to get distracted by his boyfriend and not come back."

"Well, I can stand in as chaperone until he comes back I guess," HyunJoong grinned, sitting down. "I'm glad you got back home fine last night."

"Thanks... I'm sorry if it seemed like I was running away," YoungSaeng said, looking down into his glass. "I... had a nice time."

"Good." HyunJoong seemed confused at how the other man wouldn't meet his gaze. "You're welcome back anytime, to talk, hang out or whatever."

"Thanks, but I don't think I'll be able to take you up on that," YoungSaeng said, lips thinned. "You're a nice guy and all, but I don't think you want to get involved with me. Friend or otherwise."

HyunJoong's smile disappeared. "Why?"

"Because I'm not confident like you are HyunJoong. I'm not ready to accept myself and I don't think it would be fair to drag you down with me," YoungSaeng said, finally looking up at him. Despite what he said, the sadness was clear in his eyes.

Meeting YoungSaeng's eyes, HyunJoong sighed, pushing his hair back out of his face with one hand. "Hey. If this is a matter of you not being out yet, then that's fine. I've dated people not out of the closet before, it doesn't bother me."

"But you wouldn't rather be with someone who was honest with themselves?" YoungSaeng frowned. "I need to be able to kiss you without having to drink first."

"I'd rather a lot of things," HyunJoong snorted. "Everyone accepts themselves at their own pace. If you don't want to date me, then fine. I'm just letting you know I don't care if you're out or not. And the offer of friendship still stands."

YoungSaeng was quiet after that, his expression knitted with confusion in how to handle the situation. "I want to date you Hyun, but I don't even know how."

"Remember what I said about overthinking?" HyunJoong asked, exhaling through his nose. "You're doing it again. Dating isn't that complicated, we can worry about the hows after. Do you want to try, or no?"

"...Yes," YoungSaeng said, his voice lost in the music that was starting up behind them. He did smile a little though, and nod at HyunJoong. He did want to try.

HyunJoong grinned widely. As the bass started to shake the floor, he leaned in so YoungSaeng would be able to hear him better. "How about a dance?"

YoungSaeng cast a wary eye towards the dance floor before looking up at HyunJoong. "I'm gonna need another drink before I try that, I know I'm a terrible dancer."

"I thought we were trying not to get you drunk," HyunJoong snorted. "Is your roommate going to have my head?" He was halfway through his own bottle.

"Possibly, but he isn't here," YoungSaeng said, motioning to the bartender and ordering himself a shot. "I told him to limit me to two drinks, but I said nothing about shots. If he asks, I never had more than one drink."

"Fine," HyunJoong shook his head in amusement. "But if you get falling-over drunk again I'm cutting you off." He ordered a shot as well.

"If I get falling down drunk, I won't be able to order myself another," YoungSaeng said, waiting until HyunJoong had his shot first so they could take them together. When he had finished and placed the empty glass on the bar top again, he slid off his stool and took HyunJoong by the arm. "Let's go before I change my mind."

"Yes sir," HyunJoong smirked, following YoungSaeng down to the dance floor. He drew YoungSaeng to a less occupied spot. "Don't think, just dance."

"Easy for you to say," YoungSaeng huffed, looking up at him. "Even if you're a bad dancer it doesn't matter because you're so good looking."

"Well, what if I told you you're equally good-looking," HyunJoong smirked, resting his hands against YoungSaeng's hips. "You could be doing the chicken dance and make it look good."

"You don't have to try to flatter me," YoungSaeng rolled his eyes. "My cheeks are too fat and my eyes are too small. I'm not even in your league."

"I don't flatter people, I just say what I see," HyunJoong replied, the hands at YoungSaeng's hips helping the other man move from side to side.

"There's a ton of better looking guys here," YoungSaeng said, focusing on HyunJoong's collar. "No one's even looked twice at me before."

"How would you know that if you keep looking away?" HyunJoong chuckled. "I'm the envy of every single guy here right now, dancing with the dark-eyed beauty."

"Now you're just making things up," YoungSaeng scowled, though he couldn't help himself and glanced around. He didn't see anyone looking their way.

"I don't make things up," the older man snorted. "They were just too chicken to approach you, their loss."

"Or you just have a good eye for the vulnerable and desperate," YoungSaeng said, finally looking up at him. "But I'm glad you did."

"Good, or this would be very awkward," HyunJoong grinned down at him before spinning YoungSaeng around in a circle.

Having been slightly tipsy before that, YoungSaeng shrieked as he lost his footing and went tumbling. Luckily he didn't knock anyone else down when he hit the ground. "Ow..." he whined, laying flat on his back and waiting for the world to stop spinning.

Trying not to laugh so hard he ended up on the floor beside YoungSaeng, HyunJoong crouched down and took YoungSaeng's hands, helping him sit up before he could be trampled. "Sorry, that didn't go as planned," he snorted, brushing YoungSaeng's hair out of his face. "You okay? Maybe that last drink wasn't a good idea."

"Or maybe the spinning me wasn't such a good idea," YoungSaeng huffed. With HyunJoong's help he was able to get back up to his feet, though a little wobbly. "I think I need another drink."

"No you don't, I think you've had enough," HyunJoong shook his head. "Or if you're determined to get wasted, let's move somewhere where you won't be trampled." His arm was wrapped around YoungSaeng's waist to keep the other man steady.

"Sounds good to me," YoungSaeng said, pulling him towards a table to sit at along the wall. "You want to get us a couple of drinks? I'll buy."

"No, tonight's on me." Making sure YoungSaeng was sitting and steady, HyunJoong brushed his fingers lightly through YoungSaeng's hair once before turning and heading back to the bar.

When he got there, he saw KyuJong looking around with wide eyes. The other man spotted him. "Where's YoungSaeng?"

"At a table by the wall," HyunJoong replied, ordering two drinks. Once he got them, he turned back to KyuJong who was eyeing him with a frown. "Are you going back to your boyfriend?"

"Later," KyuJong followed HyunJoong to the table. "Hey Saeng, how're you doing?" he asked, eyes worried. "I didn't see you around the bar."

"We went dancing and then I wanted another drink," YoungSaeng said, smiling brightly at his friend. "You just missed HyunJoong spinning me around and dumping me on my ."

"Oh. Well, at least you're having fun," KyuJong shook his head. "How many drinks have you had?"

"This will only be my second drink," YoungSaeng said proudly.

"…Okay, no more after that, right?" KyuJong eyed his friend.

"I'll make sure he doesn't have any more," HyunJoong chuckled, sitting down. KyuJong slid into the seat next to YoungSaeng.

"I'll be fine Kyu, don't worry about me," YoungSaeng said. "How's your boyfriend?"

"He's having a blast up there," KyuJong waved one hand in the direction of the DJ booth. "He really enjoys this job, it's easy to see," he chuckled.

"Seems like it," YoungSaeng nodded, looking to where JungMin seemed to be completely absorbed into what he was doing. "I guess I don't understand what the big deal about being a DJ is. A song ends and you put a different song on, seems easy enough."

"You know some people could say that about writing," HyunJoong snorted, finishing his bottle. "You put words onto paper, seems easy enough."

"I'm not going to disagree with that," YoungSaeng replied. "I think out of all the people I know, Kyu has the hardest job. I mean he has to talk to people day in and day out and do it all while smiling. I know I couldn't do that."

"What's your job?" HyunJoong raised an eyebrow.

"I'm a cashier at a grocery store, and I wouldn't call it harder than being a writer, or a radio host," KyuJong flushed in embarrassment. "You're actually doing something that requires skill."

"Dealing with hundreds of people a day and not bashing their heads in requires skill too," YoungSaeng said. When he glanced back towards the DJ booth, someone else was standing there and not JungMin. "Hey, where'd he go?"

JungMin was usually opposed to taking breaks, but with KyuJong in the club he wanted to see his boyfriend again even if he'd just left. Bottle of water in hand, he moved through the crowd, trying to see if he could find where KyuJong had gone.

He didn't get very far, barely making it onto the dance floor before a head of blond hair appeared by his shoulder. "Hey, JungMin." A hand on JungMin's arm stopped him from continuing through the crowd.

JungMin was pretty used to people trying to stop him or get his attention when he was on the floor, and he usually brushed them off if he was heading somewhere. When he turned his head to see who it was, he blinked a couple times and frowned. "SungMin?"

"Hey, thought you'd be here." The coy, easy-going smile was missing from the shorter man's face, dark eyes flitting around the crowd before returning to JungMin's face. "You have a minute?"

"I'm kind of busy," JungMin said, brow furrowed. Something seemed off though with the way SungMin was looking around. He seemed nervous. "Five minutes," he said, motioning towards a door nearby that lead to the back rooms.

 

 


 

Uh-oh~~~...

Please subscribe, comment and/or upvote if you liked the chapter!

 

@LovelyYS: I'm glad to be alive too =D *shot* And at least Wookie has Jongwoon <3 Thanks for the comment lovely~

@yaya89: It's kinda hard to hear your parents call you stuff like that :( Hope this update was a little happier <3

@ping501: Awwww the story's not dropped <3 It's actually all finished being written xD I just needed to take a break from stuff for a while, updating constantly is stressful /o\ Yewook will always be cheesy xDD And who knows how Yunho will react...it's very hard to come out to friends, especially when there's a high chance your friend might hate you :(

@Forest_pixi: I think I missed that tweet o.o Will have to look for it...it's probably buried by now orz. I do remember Min posting pics of when he was in Peru (I think it was Peru?) next to a giant turtle XDD Sorry for taking so long with the updates :( I just needed one less thing to stress about for a while. Still kinda really stressed out about stuff (which is why updates for other stories are...not getting done), but I'm slowly getting back into the habit of posting again.