Always Connected

Wishing Box: Let's make a Wish [Discontinued]

 

Walking out the door his hand still holding on to mine, racing down the block to a small shopping market he grins at me. “This place has some pretty cool things.”

“I’m sure.” I mumble looking down at our hands, the entire time we spend looking Jonghyun doesn’t let go, so I keep holding his hand. Looking through the little shops occasionally buying things, me gifts for my friends, and Jonghyun, while he looks around buying things as well.

“So in the deep thoughts of Hei Ryung, what does she spend most of her time thinking about?” Jonghyun asks me while we look at some character socks.

“Recently?”

“Deh.”

Smirking I look up at him. “How I’m glad I decided to go to buy some groceries, that if I hadn’t gone I wouldn’t have met you guys.” I confess. “You’re all a lot better than I originally thought.”

“I don’t know if that last part should hurt or not.” He says chuckling. Moving on to a little shop that sells jewelry and accessories.

“I don’t think it should, honestly I didn’t think anything like this would happen, and that I wouldn’t get to go to an amusement park for a day…Thank-you Jonghyun; this trip has been really great.”

“It’s my pleasure.” Jonghyun says smiling down at me. “This suits you.” He says pointing to a bracelet. “What do you think?” A charm bracelet, with vintage looking flowers, hearts, leaves, and odd little trinkets.

“I like it.” I say picking it up, “It’s really cute.”

“Ah, that bracelet is part of a set.” A lady says smiling at us, “It comes with a pair of couple rings, such a lovely couple.” She says looking at us.

Looking up at Jonghyun he smiles. “I’ll buy the set.”

“Omo.” I mumble pushing Jonghyun lightly. “You don’t have too.”

“But I want to, I mean we need to make memories don’t we?” He asks pulling his wallet out. “How much is the set, Ajumma?”

“17,676 won normally, but since you’re both so cute I’ll give it to you both for 16,000 won.” She says smiling at us sweetly.

“Thank-you Ajumma.” We say together bowing, handing her the money, and taking the bag of things Jonghyun’s just bought, he drags me to a bench under a tree to sit for a little bit.

“Your bracelet.” He says taking my wrist placing it on me, “Andddd!” He teases pulling out two silver bands of silver, slipping the smaller one onto my finger, and the other on his. “We can think of them as something that will always connect us.”

Eyeing him I smile at him. “Thank-you oppa.” I whisper looking at the matching rings. “You know I don’t understand something.” I tell him airily.

“Oh?” He asks leaning back enjoying the shade from the tree. “What is that Hei Ryung?”

“Why you’re here with me.” I mumble to him looking around at all the place. “I mean you must have a ton of friends you could be spending your break with, but you’re here with me, someone you just met.”

Jonghyun’s quite, taking a peak at him he smiles at me softly. “I rather be with you, you’re…different.” Nodding my head I stand up to stretch, “What about you?”

“What do you mean?” I ask confused. “You took me here.”

“I mean spending so much time alone.” He says as I sit back down, Jonghyun stares at me waiting for an answer.

Sighing I look into his brown eyes, “You get used to it.” I whisper to him. “I haven’t always been alone, but I mean I had to.”

“Why didn’t you just go with your parents or something?”

“I don’t like leaving home, not like that, they’re gone for weeks, months sometimes, and it’s way out of my comfort-zone.”

“What about this?”

“This is good; this is…Something I like.” I tell him honestly. “I mean I could have easily, and still go to America to stay with my brother, but I probably won’t.” I tell him shrugging my shoulders.

Jonghyun stands up. “Come on, there’s this little café that serves some pretty awesome food and drinks.” He says suddenly super up beat. “Hei Ryung?” He asks holding his hand out.

Taking it I follow behind him, Jonghyun holding my hand a little tighter, him stopping to whisper something in my ear. “I won’t leave you, neither will the others.” Before he starts running with me behind him in shock, he’s not at all what I expected him to be like, and between myself and I, I never really thought about any of the SHINee members much until I actually got to meet them.

 

Taking a seat outside while, Jonghyun orders I sit happily enjoying the quiet and serene atmosphere, the fresh air, the summery breeze, followed with the smell of summer. “Hello there.” A guy says taking a seat in front of me. “How are you doing?”

“That seat’s taken.” I tell him staring at him annoyed. “Seriously.”

He smirks at me. “Sassy I like that.”

“Isn’t that too bad?” I ask him raising a brow. “Because it looks like you need to move.” I tell him looking passed him at Jonghyun.

“Why?”

“Because that’s my seat.” Jonghyun says from behind him. “Move.”

Turning around the guy glances at Jonghyun. “What are you her boyfriend Shorty?” He asks smugly.

“Yeah, now move it.” Hearing him say that had my heart malfuncation, of course though I know he's only saying it so that he'll leave me alone...

“I’m happy where I am.” He says winking at me.

Rolling my eyes I stand up, grabbing on to Jonghyun’s arm, him smirking at the rude guy as we walk to sit at a different table.

“Jerk.” Jonghyun mutter setting the food and drinks down. “I’m sorry about that, if I’d know he’d come over to you I’d have offered for you to wait in line with me.” He says apologetically.

“Its fine, like you said you had no idea.” I tell him sipping my iced lemonade. “Thank-you for the food, what do I owe you?”

“Tsk, tsk.” He says wagging a finger at me. “A smile.”

“Pardon?”

Jonghyun leans across the table. “You owe me a smile and that you’re having a great time.”

Leaning back I let out a laugh. “You already know I’m having a good time.” I tell him smiling.

“See look, lunch paid for.” He says happily taking a bite of his sandwich.

Rolling my eyes I eat my food, the both of us enjoying a meal together just the two of us, as two people always connected. Staring at my ring I smile at it,

“A picture of the couple?” A man asks gesturing with his camera, “To remember this beautiful day?”

Nodding my head I look over at Jonghyun, him in deep thought. “How much is it ajjussi?” I ask him politely.

“4000 won.” He says smiling.

Pulling it out of my wallet I tap Jonghyun’s hand. “Picture?”

Looking at the old man, with his Polaroid camera Jonghyun smiles. “Sounds very fitting.” He says standing up, going to stand next to him, Jonghyun moves so he’s behind me holding me around my waist while I hold on to his arms shyly looking away with a blush creeping up on my face as the man takes two pictures of us.

“Such a photogenic couple.” He says handing me the two pictures once they’ve developed. “Thank-you.”

“Thank-you.” We say bowing as he continues on taking pictures of people.

Looking at them I smile happily, Jonghyun and I aren’t looking at the camera, while I’m looking away Jonghyun is looking at me, a smile on his face, his teeth white, his hair a light golden brown, is eyes looking happy. With my long brown hair in a braid to the side, it looking a lot brighter with the sun shining on it, my blush hinted on my cheeks, with a smile on my face.

“Do I get one?” Jonghyun asks standing next to me, handing him one his grin grows. “I love it.” Carefully Jonghyun puts his in his wallet, I couldn't tell but it looked like he put it in place of another picture, but then again I couldn't really tell.

Laughing I put mine in my wallet for safe keeping until I can put it in a frame or something. “Me too.”

“Come on we better get a move on I still have another stop before we have to head back to the house.” He says throwing our trash away, and taking my hand he pulls me towards a less busy street to an ice cream vendor.

“You like ice cream right?”

Giving him an incredulous look I shove him lightly holding my bag. “I love ice cream.”

Jonghyun laughs at my sudden serious tone. “I’ll have to remember that.”

Nodding my head we step forward to get our frozen treats. “What’s that sound?” I ask hearing a soft melody coming from further down the street.

Walking with Jonghyun walking next to me. “Dunno, but I suppose we’ll check it out.”

Following the sound we end up a park where a group of people are playing instruments, with a group of people surrounding them. “They’re good.” I mumble amazed.

“Come on let’s get a closer look.” Jonghyun says tugging me closer, finishing my ice cream I smile happily listening to the group of orchestra playing soft melodies, swinging my body softly I smile happily, placing a couple bills into the hat that they have in front of them, Jonghyun and I eventually drift away from them.

Taking note of the checkered white and blue shirt buttoned up, open just enough to see the mole above his collar bone, paired with black skinny jeans and white and golden sneakers. “You look nice.” He says to me as I sit on a swing.

“Thank-you.” I mumble smile. “You do too.”

Chuckling he takes my things and sets them to the side pushing me in the swing. “You’re too modest you know that?”

“I don’t think so.” I tell him happily.

“You wouldn’t, nor would you see all the guys that stare at you.” He adds.

Turning to look at him I give Jonghyun a doubtful look. “Boys do not stare at me.”

“Right, the guy from the café is just a fluke.” He says sarcastically. “You need to be more careful.”

“Or what?” I ask him when he suddenly stops me.

Chuckling he whispers in my ear. “Someone might steal you away.”

 

Blushing like crazy I stare forward wondering where I’d be stolen away from or whom. “Jonghyun?”

“Hei Ryung, we better head back.” He says picking bag up for me, taking it he grabs my hand again before pulling me towards his home.

“Jonghyun?”

“Hmmh?”

“What am I being stolen from?”

“Us, your friends.” He says looking at me chuckling. “Hei Ryung promise you won’t let some strange boy steal you away from m- us?” He asks me stopping. “Promise?”

“I promise.” I whisper wishing he’d said something else, something more personal, funny thing is, I don’t know why, it’s not like I’m Jonghyun’s girlfriend, I’m just some girl he met recently. Strangely enough, even though he’s granting me a wish I feel like he’s granting me so much more with this little outing, with this simple trip. “Jonghyun?”

“Yes Hei Ryung?”

“I was really lonely, will that end? Will I stop being lonely?”

Stopping again Jonghyun turns to look at me. “I have to make another wish when we get back.”

Confused I nod my head. “Sure, you know if you’re going to continue to make wishes we should just make you a box.” I tell him smiling, tugging him along this time to his house. Entering his home Jonghyun and I climb the stairs up to his room, our hands apart for the longest time all day, and yet I feel like he’s still holding my hand even though Jonghyun and I let go a while ago.



 

Sorry for the long delay, school just sort of got all crazy, but I'll try to update on the weekends. :)

Comment and Subscribe!!!