Jonghyun Makes A Wish

Wishing Box: Let's make a Wish [Discontinued]

 

Lying in my bed after Jonghyun and Key both walked me home, them staying for a little bit Key saying that they’ll pick me up to go celebrate my graduation. Staring up at the ceiling I growl in annoyance, Key and Jonghyun both double-teamed and didn’t let me out of it, they’ll be waiting for me to come back.

“How did this even happen?!” I whine aloud. “I should have just gone home, forget the store.”

Hearing my phone go off I run to go answer it, “Hello?”

“Hey Baby sis.” Seunghyun says brightly. “I wanted to call and congratulate you on graduating.”

“Thanks Seunghyun, can I ask you something?” I ask him falling on my bed. “It’s important.”

“Sure, something been bothering you?” He asks me concerned. “You sound irritated.”

Chuckling I let out a sigh. “I met some people today; they want to celebrate me graduating tomorrow.”

“What about Sang Hee, MiYoung and Jooyeon?” He asks concerned. “I thought you guys are best friends.”

“We are, but they have family trips for the first two weeks of summer.” I whine. “They’re leaving right after graduation.”

“So you’re all alone? Why aren’t you going with mom and dad or come visit me?” He whines quickly, “Hei Ryung you’ve all ready been there in that house alone for two months.”

“Three, they had to leave a month early.” I correct him. “And I don’t want to, I like it here in Seoul.”

“Ha, well then I say you go with these new girls.”

“Boys.” I correct him absently. “Five.”

“That doesn’t sit well with me, you hardly know them right?”

Shaking my head I stare up at the ceiling. “You could say that, but a lot of people do know them, and they’re not so bad, I had dinner with them tonight. Two of them walked me home.”

“Hei Ryung, careful alright? And I still think you should come see me, the best brother on earth.” He nags me.

“You sound like Kibum.” I mumble. “You’re so naggy sometimes.”

“Hei Ryung, just promise I’ll get to see you soon? My wittle baby sister?” He teases.

“Maybe, later this summer, but so you think I should hang out with them, at least give it a try?”

I can hear him moving around. “I guess so, I mean being alone for how long?”

“Three months and two weeks.”

“Yeah, go for it, just remember be careful.” He says a little sadly. “Hei Ryung maybe I’ll come home for a little, I won’t have classes in a few weeks.” He offers me.

“That sounds good,” I mumble absently, I love my older brother, in a way he’s my best friend, “Just do well arasso?”

“Deh, well you get some sleep, you have a big day for you.” Seunghyun says affectionately. “Hei Ryung fighting!”

“Night,” I whisper, I have a feeling I have more than just a big day to look forward to, that the time I’ll be spending with SHINee will be more than enough to fill up my time.  “Have a good day oppa.”

“Night baby sis.” He says before hanging up. 

Setting my phone down on my bedside table, I couldn’t help but think of how nice they all are, how grateful they are for something so insignificant, OK, well maybe the hiding them out and not spazzing out is worth mentioning, but the banana milk I hardly think is called for them to celebrate me graduating, besides shouldn’t they have schedules or something?

 

Waking up in the morning I look around my room, seeing the outfit I set out a few days ago, a simple peach colored dress, a white cardigan to go over it, the pearl earrings my brother bought me for my sixteenth birthday, a light pink floral designed necklace with a bronze on a chain with a light blue butterfly charm on it as well, a white pearl charm bracelet from my parents last year, a ring Sang Hee, MiYoung and Jooyeon got me last year as well, a thick silver band saying ‘I kiss your lips and we are’, and to finish off my outfit I wear a pair of white vintage sandals, a casual look to wear under my robes, hearing my door bell I quickly run to answer it.

“Good you’re ready, come on!” MiYoung says grabbing my wrist, quickly locking the door I get in the car with MiYoung. “You look really nice,” She compliments me taking a seat next to me. Sang Hee Smiles back at me.

“God, we’re going to be so old after this.” She says driving off, giving Jooyeon a questioning look she shakes her head.

“Anyways, Hei Ryung do you have plans after this?” MiYoung asks me skeptically, I tried calling you last night, but you wouldn’t answer your phone.”

“Oh, sorry I fell asleep, but yeah, I’m going to go out to eat or something.” I tell them, technically I’m not lying. “Then I’ll have to call my brother, and parents.” The three girls are silent. “I’m going to go out and meet a couple of my brother’s old friends.” I lie rolling my eyes.

Sang Hee’s eyes light up. “The cute ones?”

I nod my head, for the rest of the car ride to school we’re excited about the new ceremony they’ll be trying, starting the rest of our lives, and mostly not having to wear our old school uniforms ever again.

 

After the ceremony, with my diploma in hand, I take pictures with MiYoung, Jooyeon and Sang Hee and their families, their parents being very understanding of mine being gone. After words waving good bye to them I’m dropped off in front of my house, seeing a five boys all huddled at the front door, waiting.

“Them?” Sang Hee asks smirking. “Well have fun, call us later with details!” She calls as I wave them off.

Taking my keys out I smile at them. “Wait long?”

“Aniyo, we just got here.” Minho says keeping his head down, pushing the door open I allow them to go in first, “Anyways you look very nice.”

“Very.” Jonghyun adds on happily taking his hat and sunglasses off.

Blushing lightly I smile at them. “Thank-you.”

“Well, our manager caught us on the way out.” Key says a little sourly. “We can’t take you out, but I can cook for you again, we’ll take you out another time.”

“Aniyo, you don’t have to Key.” I mutter forgetting this is a losing battle for me. “Thank-you again.” I tell him smiling.

“Ah, you’re getting it now are you?” He asks happily. “What do you want?” He asks me happily.

Chuckling I shrug my shoulders. “Surprise me, you’re a good cook.”

“Arasso.” He says happily floating into the kitchen with Onew trailing behind him. “Aniyo I will not make her fried chicken.”

Laughing I smile at the other four, them dressed casually. “I’m just going to get changed into something less this.” I tell them leaving them in the living room. “Make yourselves comfortable!” I call before leaving into the hallway to my room.

Quickly I pull out another pair of skinny jeans and some random graphic tee; pulling on a pair of Chopper socks as well I slide out to see Jonghyun sitting awkwardly on the couch alone.

“They went to help Key, I’ll be keeping you company while they cook.” He says smiling, patting the seat next to him I take it, leaving a space between us.

“So…”

“So…”

We start the ‘so’ conversation making things even more awkward between us, leaving me to look around the room trying to think of something to say, and him to do whatever it is he does, suddenly he points down the hall. “Your phone?”

“Right!” I mumble getting up, running down the hall I answer the phone. “Yoboseyo?”

“Finally, I’ve called you like ten times!” Seunghyun whines. “Jeez.”

Rolling my eyes I walk back to the couch. “You act like you have no one there with you.”

Hearing him laugh I chuckle, leave it to my brother to let me break the ice. “I just wanted to congratulate you, are you eating well tonight?”

“Yeah,” I tell him hearing the door slam on his side of the phone. “I’ll call you later alright?”

“Sure little sis.” He says.

Hanging up I smile at Jonghyun. “Thanks, that was my brother.”

“Do you space out like that a lot?” He asks chuckling. “Hei Ryung?”

“Oh, yeah, sometimes, it just depends.” I tell him leaning back. “He’s worried.”

“About you staying alone?” nodding my head I look over at him, Jonghyun smiles tenderly. “If my sister were staying alone like this for a while it’d make me worry too.” Nodding my head I smile at him. “What?”

“I just thought you’d be more insensitive, I guess.” I joke pushing his arm.

Shocked he touches his heart. “That hurt Hei Ryung~” He sings.

Amazed I stare him. “You’re really good.” I tell him tilting my head over in bewilderment.  “Have you always known you wanted to do this?”

“An idol?”

“Sing.” I tell him stretching my legs.

Nodding his head he smiles. “Yeah, I really like it. Your socks are cute.”

Standing up I hop down the hall waving him to follow me. “Thanks, I don’t like sitting in the living room.” I explain to him sitting on my desk chair.

Nodding his head he looks around my room. “What’s this?” he asks pointing to my wishing box sitting on my desk, while I twirl around.

Glancing at it I smile, so many memories. “A wish box.” I tell him simply as I continue to twirl around on my chair.

“What’s that?” He asks examining it. “I mean besides the obvious.” He says looking at me.

Standing up, a little shaky I walk over to it, picking it up I smile dusting it off some. “A box I made with my friends to put my wishes, goals and things like that in.”

“Like?”

“Well a wish I had was to spend the day at an amusement park, just enjoying the day.” I tell him thinking of a random wish I made a few years ago. “But you know it was just something to do with my friends.”

“I think it’s pretty cool, did you ever get to?”

“Aniyo, my parents never had time to take me, my brother got very busy with school, and my friends and I never had the money to just go.” I whisper a little sadly. “But you know its ok.”

Jonghyun is silent while staring at the box. “Did a wish ever come true?”

Nodding my head I smile. “Plenty actually, I’ve made three lasting friends, I spent my childhood growing up with, my brother got accepted into the program he really wanted to do. My parents worked through their troubles, my family stayed complete.”

Again he’s silent. “You made those wishes?”

“Yeah, but you know I don’t think it’s so much about writing them as it is trying to get them to happen.” I tell him happily.

“Hei Ryung would you mind if I wrote one down and put it in?” He asks me suddenly.

Pulling out a sheet of colorful paper and a pen I hand it to him. “Go for it.”

“Promise not to peek?”

Nodding my head I turn away from him giving him his desired privacy, wondering what he’s writing down, and why he’d want to give it a try, then again I should really be so critical, after all I wrote down wishes for a long time, and not to mention the one I wrote yesterday.


 


 

Tah-Dah, well here it is, I'll write the next chapter in Jonghyun's POV. I'm still not really sure who she'll end up with, Key or Jonghyun is what I'm leaning towards, mainly because I sort of have an ending planned.

Please... 

Comment and Subscribe!