Ending... Part 2

Wishing Box: Let's make a Wish [Discontinued]

 

I hadn’t even realized when I met them that my last wish had come true; I wished for the opportunity to do something meaningful and to meet people to create memories with. Everything we ever did together was making my wish come true. I wanted to meet new people, make new memories and now? I have the best memories all because of banana milk and a simple wish I’d made at the beginning of summer. Sure I never really believed in the wishes, I never believed in the box working, but maybe that’s not true, because so many of my wished did come true.

 

Sitting in my apartment with all the boxes if my things around me unpacked, a count down until school starting, two weeks left of what started out as an amazing summer. Looking around sadly, I wonder what my shiny boys are up to…what SHINee is up to. Quickly poking through a box I find the picture we got framed of the six of us. All smiling, all happy, all thinking we had the rest of the summer, heck the rest of our lives to spend together, but somehow along the way we came undone, me from them. I suppose with me preoccupied with thoughts of University, and all the things college girls think of I just lost touch with them, and the reality I wished I clung to, but then what Jonghyun said to me rang in my head, making tears come all over again, then I remember how the others stood silently in agreement. I wish I could go back to the beginning of the summer. It’s funny how it started out as two weeks that quickly turned into two months.

 

“I miss them.” I whisper aloud to myself, this new place really isn’t much different from my parents’ place home. Huge and empty. A place for me…alone.

 

-RING DING DONG-

I let out a devastated chuckle as I reach into my pocket pulling out my phone. “Hello?”

“Hei Ryung, we went to your place…you weren’t home.” Taemin whines. “No one is there!”

“Taemin, I moved out, remember? I’m starting university soon.” Pausing I look out the window, “I didn’t know if it’d be ok to call or text.”

“It’d have been fine,” He says sadly, “I’d like to talk to you.”

“In person I take it Tae.”

“Neh, it’s important.”

Biting my cheek I finally let out a sigh. “Just you?”

“Well, me and Minho really.” Taemin says. “A peace offering.”

“I’ll text you the address.” I mumble. “Bye Tae.”

“Hei Ryung…Bye.” He says changing his mine, handing up. I type in my new address, my place away from SHINee ending as soon as I press send.

Sitting on the couch just listening to the city, trying to drown out that Jonghyun had said to me.

 

“You don’t understand and you never will, we’re different, our lives are on completely different planes. We can’t kid ourselves Hei Ryung, we can’t stay like this forever, we shouldn’t have pretended for so long... Hei Ryung we need to say good-bye”

“Fine, I guess our lives are different because I would never treat someone like I’m too good to even talk to.” I had said crying, let them see, let him see how much he’s hurting me. “I don’t care.” I tell them quietly, turning around walk out the door, closing it I stroll down the hall remembering all the times we’ve had together; feeling sort that this is our last time together.

 

‘We need to say good bye…’

“I did say goodbye, I tried…” Hearing a knock I go to answer the door.

“Hey Hei Ryung.” Minho and Taemin say as I let them in.

“Hey…” I manage to say. “So what’s so important that you’re defying Jonghyun?”

“Hei Ryung….we’re sorry.” Minho says “We shouldn’t have just tossed you aside…we really miss you.”

“Minho that’s nice and all but…” Looking away I purse my lips. “It really doesn’t matter right?”

“But it does!” Taemin wails, “We treated you horribly and we should have been more considerate… Hei Ryung we thought if we kept our distance it wouldn’t have mattered.”

“You all agreed with him…We should have said goodbye already. We should have kept it goodbye.”

“No, we should all be enjoying the last two weeks together and be making plans for us to hang out again.” Taemin says. “Hei Ryung Jonghyun is scared…too scared to admit that je really likes you. He’s been so wrapped up in the idea that we’re impervious. But the truth is we need you around.”

“Taemin…” I say picking up the picture of the six of us, I stare at it affectionately. “Tae, I think Jonghyun made it pretty clear. He doesn’t want me around…”

“But it was a mistake!” Taemin tries to reason. “I can tell you miss us and we miss you.” He says hugging me.

“Taemin’s right,” Minho says leaning against the wall. “When Key and I first brought you back; and seeing how well Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew took to you I could tell, we’d together, all of us.” He smiles saying the last part. “The six of us.”

“Jonghyun is right though. I won’t ever understand your world and besides in a few months you’ll all forget about me. I’ll be a distant memory.” I mumble tearing up. “We should have kept our goodbye a goodbye.” I mutter to myself.

Minho glares at me, “That’s not fair to anyone! Especially you! Hei Ryung if we sat goodbye what good will it do?” He yells angrily.

Pulling away from Taemin while wiping my tears away I smile sadly while staring down at my feet. “It’ll give me time to get over what I’m feeling, it’ll let us fade. Minho it hurts…so much, but I knew it didn’t matter. I can’t ever be with Jonghyun.”

“Hei Ryung…”Taemin whispers. “This shouldn’t be goodbye, it just can’t be. We’ve had too many good times. We should have more.” Looking away from me, his gaze in the wall. “You and hyung should get to be together.”

“But we can’t” I whisper. “Be honest, will he ever admit to liking me?” I ask them sadly. Jonghyun will do a lot of things for me, he’ll grant a couple of wishes but he won’t admit to liking me. “Besides Taemin sometimes you have to give up while you’re ahead.”

“If he can will we all get to be together. Will we get to see each other again?” Taemin asks me full of hope, like it’ll be that easy to get him to say it.

Hearing a phone go off we turn to look at Minho while he answers it. “We’re together.” Staring down at the ground, silently listening. “Hyung we’re not getting into trouble.” Glancing at me he extends the phone to me. “Onew” He mouths.

“Yah! Minho!” Onew yells.

“Actually it’s Hei Ryung.” I mumble taking the phone. “Onew? Are you alright?” Hearing a crash and what sounds like skidding then footsteps.

“Onew are you alright?” Jonghyun’s voice booms.

“Neh, I’m just about to go on a walk.” Onew says quickly. “Hold down the fort.” He says awkwardly, I can imagine him punching the air.

“Wait, have you heard from Taemin or Minho?”

“No, why?”

“I just…I just…I ask them to check on Hei Ryung.”

“Why? I thought you wanted nothing to do with her.”

“No!” Jonghyun yells defensively. “I want everything to do with her…but”

“But?” Onew pushes. “But?”

“You have to let go of what you care about most.” Jonghyun says sadly. Hearing this I clamp my hand to my mouth, letting my tears fall, slowly I slink to the ground. “If she stayed around us our fans would hurt her…or she’d get spotted…either way we could really hurt her.” He continues.

“Why not protect her from it all, it was a little harsh what you said to her.” Onew persist.

“That’s what I’m doing…this way she doesn’t have to face any of it.”

‘That idiot’ I think to myself, ‘that moron’.

“Jonghyun if you care so much shouldn’t you tell her?”

“Maybe, but I’m sure it’s too late. Anyways hyung go on your walk.” He sounds sad, broken simply broken up over this…

“Neh.”

Dropping the phone I look up at them. “You know how he feels.”

“Neh, but he’d never come out and tell you.” Taemin says picking up the phone. “Neh hyung.”

Taemin repeats my address to Onew, handing up he hands the phone over. “He’s on his way.”

Shocked I stay motionless, if that dummy cares so much what are we doing now? He should have just told me, what seemed like seconds later Onew was in my apartment as well.

“Hei Ryung are you alright?” HE asks me knelling down.

Shaking my head I look at the three members of SHINee in my apartment. “No, I feel like I’m dreaming.”

Minho and Taemin sit next to me, wrapping their arms around me. “We’ll work this out. Hyung needs you, we need you.”

Sighing I hear Jonghyun’s words reply in my mind. ‘You have to let go of what you care about most.’ Me… “I was just supposed to make new memories, meet new people, and have a good two weeks while my friends were away. This shouldn’t be happening.”

“What?” Onew asks confused.

“Before the last day of school I made a wish. I wrote it down, put it in my Wishing Box and before the whole mess with Jonghyun, it was really happening.” I explain to them. “I didn’t expect that I’d start to like any of you more than friends, hell I hadn’t expected to meet any of you at all.”

Onew rests his head on my forehead. “But in its self isn’t that the best part of a wish? You met five new people, became one of our best friends and even discovered that you and Jonghyun have a real shot at being together?”

Staring at Onew I wrap my arms around him, hugging him I cry into his shoulder. “But it hurts…”

“It wouldn’t be exciting if you didn’t have to fight for it, now would it?” He coos hugging me back.

“Hyung when did you get all philosophical?” Taemin asks smiling.

“Jonghyun made wishes too.” I mumble sadly. “He made wishes.”

Tearing out of Onew’s arms I dig through my boxes until I find what I’m looking for. My Wishing Box. Throwing the lid carelessly to the side I open the wishes, tossing aside my own. Finally finding Jonghyun’s all of them. Finding the last one I drop it before standing up. I stare at the three members watching me curiously.

“Are you ok?” Minho asks me carefully.



 

Even this is unfinished and I wrote this back when I was deciding if it should be Jonghyun or Key to be the male lead, obviously Jonghyun took the cake. The next update will be the final summary.