Two

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

 

Xi Luhan woke up as something wet touched his face. Something was his face, it was his pet shih tzu, Baozi. He moved his hand to pat the little dog but kept his eyes closed. The dog kept his face and it tickled him.
 
"Okay, okay, I'm up." Luhan said laughing as he sat up. He looked out his window to see that it was already bright outside and when he looked over his clock it was already 11 AM. 
 
When he tried to get up from the bed, dizziness hit him making him sit down again on the bed. Then memories from last night flooded back. He remembered taking a few shots of the strongest alcohol they had last night after his friends dared him, and being the man who doesn't go back on challenges, Luhan accepted. Shouldn't have done that last night, he thought as he rubbed his face regretting what he did last night.
 
Luhan wasn't the type to party and get drunk every night like most of the people his age, he goes partying once in a while but never gotten too wild. He's quite serious in his studies even though he likes to skip classes in university, but he still got good grades. He was expected to do well after all being the heir of a big company, people expect a lot from him. His father was strict in his studies and he wants Luhan to succeed in taking care of the company but other than that, Luhan gets to do most things as he pleases. Being an only child, Luhan grew up getting almost everything he wanted. He won't take no for an answer. He's stubborn but ambitious, he also won't back down from a challenge.
 
Luhan then tried getting up from bed again, when he felt stable, he went to the bathroom to shower and freshen himself up.
 
After showering, Luhan went downstairs to find that everyone was busy. People were coming back and forth carrying tables and chairs and trays of foods to the main hall of his house. When he went to the kitchen, everyone was also busy. A maid noticed him and then approached him. "Can I help you Young Master? Would you like to have lunch?"
 
"A cup of coffee please." He said and the maid left him. After a while, the maid came back with his coffee.
 
"What's going on? Why are people extremely busy today?" Luhan asked as the maid handed him the coffee.
 
"you don't know sir? There's going to be a party tonight." The maid explained. Ah, yes, the party, how could I forget, he thought. His parents had already informed him about the party a week ago. After that the maid excused herself to help the preparation.
 
"Luhan, you're already up." Said someone as she entered the kitchen. "I almost thought you were sick and was about to send someone to check up on you."
 
"I'm fine Mom, I just went home pretty late last night." Luhan said.
 
"Good," she smiled. "We wouldn't want you to be sick at the party."
 
"Yes, especially when there's going to be possible future business partners that are coming tonight." Said another voice. It was Luhan's dad.
 
"Yes, so be ready before 6 okay Luhan? The party starts at 6."
 
"And don't disappoint us son. As I've said before, the people attending this party are possible future business partners, so make a good impression." His father said.
 
"Of course, I won't disappoint you." Luhan smiled confidently as if accepting a challenge.