Eleven

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

 

The next morning, Yoona and Soojung woke up late. They both showered and ate breakfast. They then decided to have a movie marathon in Yoona's room.
 
When the second movie ended, both girls heaved out a sigh. They looked at each other surprised. "What's wrong?" "What's wrong, unnie?" The girls said at the same time. "You go first." Yoona said.
 
Instead of replying, Soojung began fiddling with her bracelet not meeting Yoona's eyes. Not getting any reply, Yoona stood up, "I'm going to make tea, do you want some?" She asked. 
 
"Hot chocolate please." Soojung said, finally talking. "Oh, and unnie, some marshmallow too?" She added before Yoona reached the door. Yoona only shook her head and softly chuckled.
 
Yoona head back to her room with a tray of their drinks and some snacks. When she opened the door to her bedroom, Soojung was playing with the charm on her bracelet not noticing Yoona's presence. It was only when Yoona called her name that she snapped out of her thoughts. She took the mug of hot chocolate from the tray and said thank you to Yoona.
 
"So did you have fun last night?" Yoona asked after taking a sip of her tea. Soojung only nodded as she was busy eating the marshmallow. "Found any cute guys?" Yoona asked again. Soojung only shrugged. "What about the boy that danced with you?" Yoona continued. She was amused seeing Soojung froze with her eyes wide opened. 
 
"You saw?" She finally spoke. "Of course! Both of you were very cute together." Yoona teased. "Omo, is that a blush creeping up on your face Soojung-ah?" She continued as she laughed seeing Soojung's flustered face.
 
"What about you unnie?" Soojung said trying to divert the conversation. "What about me?. Yoona asked back. "I bet when I went to the bathroom, you went and meet up with Luhan-oppa."
 
"Of course not." Yoona said, rolling her eyes. "Come to think of it, you haven't told me how your Christmas date went." Soojung said as she wiggled her eyebrows. Yoona then remembered the incident after their date.
 
"Earth to Yoona-unnie?" Soojung said snapping Yoona out of her thoughts. "So, how was the date?" She asked again. "It was..okay, I guess." Yoona finally said. "Really now? From the way you were spacing out just then, it seemed like something happened." Soojung began to tease. "Did anything in particular happened?"
 
Suddenly memories from last night flashed through Yoona's mind and a blush was starting to crept her face. "Omo, unnie! Something did happen, didn't it?" Soojung said after seeing the Yoona's slightly flushed face. Realizing that there's no point in lying to Soojung, Yoona started talking about her date with Luhan up to the New Year's party.
 
By the time Yoona finished talking, Soojung's mouth was agape. "Unnie! How could you leave when he was about to kiss you?" She started scolding Yoona. "Yah, I was worried about you." Yoona said. "And it's not like he was going to kiss me, it's just that our faces were close." She added.
 
"And you left without saying anything." Soojung said, she sighed when Yoona nodded. "Aigoo, this unnie." Yoona then tried to divert the conversation by asking what movie they should watch next which fortunately worked. 
 
 
5 days later
 
Yoona had just finished her shift at the cafe. She took her stuff and was about to leave when the manager asked her to take out the garbage. Yoona grabbed the two garbage bags and struggled on her way out. 'This is heavier than I thought.' She said to herself.
 
When she stepped outside, she decided to set the garbage bags down and catch a breath. After that, she took the garbage bags again when someone suddenly spoke. "Need some help?" The voice said surprising her and almost making her drop the garbage bags.
 
Yoona was too surprised to recognize the owner of the voice. She looked back and regretted it right away when she saw Luhan. Yoona was too shocked that she didn't even move an inch. Seeing Yoona's expression, Luhan chuckled and went closer to Yoona. He took the garbage bags from Yoona's hand and threw it to the garbage can with no problem.
 
Seeing that Yoona was still in a daze, Luhan wanted to . "Yah, did you miss me that much that you can't even talk?" He said with a smirk and after that Yoona came back to her senses. "As if." She scoffed and crossed her arms. "What are you doing here anyway?" She asked. "I was just strolling around and then I saw you struggling with two large garbage bags." He explained.
 
"Are you done with your shift?" Luhan asked and Yoona nodded. "Come on, let me take you home." He offered and surprisingly Yoona didn't reject, instead she followed him to his car. 
 
Silence enveloped them as they headed towards the car and even after they began to drive away. It was starting to get awkward for Yoona and she was looking at everywhere except Luhan. The memory of their faces inches apart in the New Year's party still lingers in Yoona's mind despite her efforts of trying to push it away.
 
"So, what do you think about the party?" Luhan asked breaking the silence. Yoona who was in her own little world was surprised by his question. "It was...fun." She replied shortly and Luhan snorted. "Of course, it was very fun that you had to leave so fast, huh?" He said as he raised and eyebrow and glanced at her. "You didn't even tell me you were leaving." He continued. 
 
Luhan suddenly stopped the car and looked at Yoona intently. Yoona didn't know what to reply him but she locked her gaze with him. Both of them didn't seem like they wanted to break their gazes on each other anytime soon until suddenly Luhan inched closer to her. Yoona's brain told her to back away but she was too surprised to move. Luhan's face inched closer and closer and her brain was screaming at her to move away but instead she closed her eyes. Yoona waited for the kiss but all she felt was her seatbelt being unbuckled. Then her eyes shot open only to see a grinning Luhan.
 
"What-" Yoona was about to ask but was cut off. "We've arrived." Luhan informed her with a smile. Yoona then looked around and true to his words they were already infront of Yoona's apartment building. She turned back to Luhan who had a cheeky grin plastered on his face. "What? Were you expecting something, Yoona?" He asked innocently. Being caught red handed, Yoona was starting to blush furiously. "O-of course not!" She was flustered but trying to act calm. Seeing Yoona all flustered, Luhan chuckled. "You know I don't mind you staying in my car," He said as he looked at her. "but I won't be responsible if I really did anything else."
 
With that Yoona hurriedly grab her bag and opened the car door. Before the door closed she could hear Luhan say "you're welcome" followed by his soft chuckle. Yoona head straight into her apartment building not bothering to look back. She was still blushing and scolding herself. "Stupid Yoona, why'd you do that? He's probably laughing at you right now!" She said to herself as she covered her face feeling extremely embarrassed.