Three

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

 

By the time Yoona and her parents arrived at the party, Yoona had already plastered on a fake smile on her face. When they arrived, many people greeted her and she politely greet them back. Every question they asked her, she replied politely. After an hour, her cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling so much. 
 
By then Yoona was finally alone sipping her drink and bored. She looked over to her dad who was immersed in a conversation about stocks with two other men. Her mom was busy talking with some woman who every now and then would laugh at something her mom have said. 
 
Her eyes scanned the room again, every part of the party was the same with the forced laughter and the fake smiles. Then her eyes landed on a few girls about her age who were flirting with a man also about her age. The man was busy talking while the girls were just giggling at the things he says. 'At least some people are having fun,' she thought to herself as she placed down her glass.
 
Yoona was bored and she decided to look around the mansion. She stepped outside of the to the back garden. The garden was quite big with lots of flowers and a fountain in the middle. Yoona smiled as she felt the cool night breeze, it was very refreshing. The air inside was starting to get too stuffy for her.
 
Yoona let out a long sigh as she sat down near the fountain. She was enjoying the sound of water from the fountain when suddenly she heard a man's voice.
 
"Baozi where are you?" The voice said. Yoona turned around to see who the owner of the voice was. She was then met with a pair of doe like eyes. It was the man who was talking with the girls before. They stared at each other for quite a while until the man said. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you, but I'm looking for a dog have you seen him?" Yoona shook her head.
 
"Oh, I see then." The man said. "Why are you outside alone? Would you like some company?"
 
"No, that's okay, I'm fine." Yoona smiled politely.
 
"I wouldn't mind accompanying a beautiful lady like you." He said with a smile that would make girls swoon. 'Oh great, a flirt' Yoona thought to as she resisted herself to not roll her eyes.
 
"No need to. I was just here to get some fresh air, I'm going inside now. Good luck finding the dog." She said and left him.
 
When Yoona got back into the main hall, she heard her phone ring. It was a text from her classmate saying that their professor wants them to submit their essay that wasn't due until two days later, by midnight. This essay was worth thirty percent of her grades. Yoona had already did the essay but she still needs to edit it. She then quickly searched for her parents. She then found her mom who was fortunately alone.
 
"Umma, may I please head home now?" She asked her mother straight away.
 
"Yoona-" her mother started and then getting cut off by Yoona.
 
"I have an essay that needs to be sumbmitted tonight." She explained.
 
"Dear-" "It's worth thirty percent of my grades umma, please." Yoona cut her off again. She knew her mother wouldn't let her fail in her studies.
 
"I understand, but I think you need to wait a while because I asked Mr. Kim to do some errands. He should be back in 20 minutes," her mom explained. Yoona nodded and Mrs. Im left.
 
Yoona was left alone again. She wanted to head back to the garden but remembering the man back then, she decided not to. Instead, she walked around the huge mansion again. She went upstairs. There was a balcony and Yoona went there. The balcony's view was of the garden. Luckily there was no one there. She stood by the railings and just stared off into a distance. After a while, she checked her phone to look at the time, it was already 10 PM. She only has a few hours left to edit her assignment. Yoona grew restless.
 
"Ugh, stupid essay." She mumbled to herself as she started to pace back and forth. "Stupid professor changing the due date." She said and kicked. When she kicked, her heels slipped off her feet and fell down the balcony.
 
"Oh no!" Yoona cursed herself as she peered over the railings, afraid that there was somebody below that was hit by her shoe. Fortunately she didn't find anyone. Yoona then went back inside to retrieve her shoe.
 
Down stairs
 
Luhan finally found Baozi and was playing with him at the doorway heading to the garden when suddenly a shoe landed a few meters away, startling him. He went towards the shoe and looked up to the balcony only to meet the back of the owner of the shoe. He picked up the shoe and went inside to find the owner.
 
As he was about to head upstairs, he saw the girl he met at the garden coming down the stairs as if limping. When she finally stepped on the last stair, she looked up only to meet Luhan's gaze.
 
"We meet again." Luhan said breaking the silence as he smiled. "Are you alright?"
 
"Excuse me?" Yoona asked confused.
 
"Your foot, it looked like you were limping."
 
"Oh, that. It's...just that I lost my shoe." She explained feeling rather embarrassed. "So, if you could excuse me.." She continued wanting to quickly retrieve her shoe and get away from him.
 
"You mean this shoe?" Luhan asked as he held out the shoe he found in the garden. 
 
"My shoe! Thank you very much." Yoona said relieved. As she reached out to take her shoe, Luhan stepped backwards. When Yoona stepped forward, Luhan took another step backwards.
 
"Um, can I please have my shoe back?" Yoona asked politely.
 
"Let me put it on." Luhan offered, smiling sweetly. 'Oh boy' Yoona thought. 'Why can't this man take a hint?' 
 
"That's okay, I can do it myself." She rejected. When she was about to grab her shoe, Luhan held it up away from her reach. Yoona was starting to get annoyed. "Please, Sir, I can do it myself there's no need for you to put it on for me." Yoona kept on trying to reach for her shoe but Luhan held it higher. This went on for quite a while. Luhan found it amusing and almost laughed at her.
 
By then Yoona was starting to get frustrated with him. "Listen Sir-" Yoona started before getting cut off by Luhan.
 
"Luhan."
 
"What?"
 
"My name is Luhan."
 
"Okay, listen Luhan-ssi-" she started again but this time was cut off by the sound of her cellphone.
 
"Yoona? I couldn't find you anywhere." It was her mom. "Mr. Kim said that he's already here, you can go now if you want."
 
"Oh, alright umma, thank you. Bye." Yoona said as she hung up, she looked at the time on her phone, it was already 10.15 PM. Then she looked over to Luhan was still holding her shoe with an amused smile still plastered on his face. 'I don't have time for this' she said to herself. She then stepped out of her other shoe making Luhan confused.
 
"If you wanted the shoe so much, here," she said handing him her other shoe. After that she went quickly towards the hallway leading to the front door.
 
Luhan was left dumbfounded. When he got bak to his senses, he followed Yoona who by then was already half running. "Wait," Luhan called out when Yoona finally reached the exit. "At least tell me your name."
 
"Maybe some other time." She replied looking back at him.
 
"When?"
 
"When fate brings us together." She said sarcastically this time not looking back. By the time Luhan was at the door, she was already inside the car and then the car drove away. He looked down at the pair of shoes he was holding in his arm. 'What an interesting girl.' He thought as he smiled to himself. He then asked one of the maids to place the shoes in his room which the maid replied with a nod and a strange look.
 
 
 
 
A/N: thank you so much for reading and subscribing*bows* I hope you'll keep reading and like the story, enjoy! :D