Eight

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not
Yoona was doing her assignment when suddenly her phone vibrated.
 
From: Xi Luhan
What are you doing right now?
 
At first Yoona ignored it as usual but the text messages kept coming. Yoona was starting to get annoyed and told him to stop disturbing her cause she's trying to do her assignment. After that another text message came in and Yoona was ready to blow up, but then she saw the text message.
 
Arasso, don't stress yourself so much. Get some rest, good night :)
 
She stared at the message for a while. After the fainting incident, Yoona doesn't find Luhan as annoying as usual. Luhan also seemed to worry about her more. Yoona  put down her phone and let out a sigh before starting on her assignment.
 
On Thursday Yoona was rushing to the cafe. Her class ended later than usual and if she doesn't hurry, she'll be late for her job. Yoona quickened her pace not looking ahead, when she turned into a corner, she bumped into someone causing her to fall down.
 
"Ouch, sorry I wasn't looking." Yoona said to the person. The person offered a hand to help her up which she gladly took.
 
"That's okay. I'm sorry too." The person said. Yoona looked up to see a boy her age? Younger than her? She then snapped out of her thoughts and was reminded of her part time job.
 
"I'm sorry again." Yoona apologized once more. "I'm in a hurry, sorry for bumping into you." She said and rushed off leaving the boy.
 
On Friday, Yoona was on her way back to her apartment when she saw Soojung.
 
"Yoong-unnie!" Soojung greeted her. 
 
"On your way to cram school?" Yoona asked and Soojung nodded.
 
"I'm so glad we met unnie. I passed by the cafe and the manager handed me this." She showed a file case. "He said that the boy who left this was the boy whom we talked to often so I'm guessing this is Luhan-oppa's." She explained. "Can you please hand this to him?"
 
"Why should I?"
 
"Maybe it's important and I can't go cause I have cram school, please unnie." Soojung asked with her puppy dog eyes. Yoona opened the file case and saw lots of lecture notes. 'Maybe it is important.' She thought.
 
"Arasso, I'll go hand this to him now." Yoona finally gave in. Soojung then went to her cram school.
 
Yoona tried calling Luhan but he wouldn't pick up so she decided to go to his house. When she got there,the guard recognized her and let her in. Inside she was met with the old lady who took care of her when she was sick. Yoona greeted the old lady.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, is Luhan here?" Yoona asked politely.
 
"Luhan-hyung just went out." Another voice answered her from the stairs. Yoona looked up and was met with a familiar pair of warm chocolate eyes. It was the boy she bumped into.
 
"Oh it's you." Yoona said as she recognized him.
 
"Oh Sehun-imnida." He introduced himself when he arrived down stairs. Yoona did the same thing. 
 
"Sorry, you just missed him. Luhan-hyung left not long ago." Sehun explained.
 
"That's okay, I just wanted to hand this." She showed the file case. "Could you please give this to him, Sehun-ssi?"
 
"Sure." Sehun said as Yoona handed him the file case. After saying thank you, Yoona left the Xis mansion.
 
It was Saturday and Yoona had the entire day to relax. She decided to have lunch at her part time job cafe. The air outside was cold since winter is about to come. She was skipping happily to the cafe before she bumped into someone and making them spill their drink.
 
"I'm very sorry, let me buy you a new one." She said bowing down.
 
"That's okay, I was finished with it anyways." The person said. The voice sounded familiar to Yoona and when she looked up she was surprised. "Sehun-ssi!" She exclaimed. "Oh, Yoona-ssi, meeting three days in a row I'm starting to think you're stalking me." He joked and both of them chuckled.
 
 "I'm sorry Sehun-ssi, let me buy you a new one." Sehun protested but Yoona dragged him with her. They reached the cafe and Yoona ordered food while Sehun just ordered hot chocolate.
 
Soon they were talking like best friends. Yoona found out that Sehun is two years younger than her, he studied abroad and graduated from high school sooner. He's going to study in Korea for university though. Sehun also has an older sister that's four years older than him.
 
"So why were you at Luhan's house yesterday?" Yoona asked curiously.
 
"Luhan-hyung is my cousin so yesterday I went to visit for a while." He explained. "What about you, noona?"
 
"Our parents are friends and we go to the same university." Yoona said to him. Sehun replied with a nod as he sipped his hot chocolate. "The hot chocolate here's good isn't it?" Yoona said as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.
 
"It's good, but it's no bubble tea." Sehun said. Yoona laughed at him and his obsession for bubble tea. Sehun was about to say something before he saw someone. He then waved. "Luhan-hyung!" He called. Yoona's head jerked up and she turned around to see who Sehun was calling. She then saw Luhan's confused expression as he headed to where they were sitting.
 
"Sehun-ah, I didn't know you knew Yoona." He said as he took a seat between Yoona and Sehun.
 
"Yeah, we just happened to bump into each other quite frequently." Sehun said as he joked which Yoona softly laughed at. Luhan got more confused. They talked while Luhan ate and sometimes joining in their conversations.
 
Sehun looked at his watch. "It's time for me to go. Oh, Yoona-noona can I have your number?" Sehun asked. Yoona said okay and began typing her number on his phone. "I'm going then, thanks for the hot chocolate noona, see you later hyung." He said and left.
 
After waving goodbye to Sehun, she looked beside her to see Luhan giving her an incredulous look. "What?" She asked confused.
 
"You gave Sehun your number." He said. "I did, so?" She asked again, still confused.
 
"You gave it to him that easily, I had to ask hundreds of times." He complained.
 
"I like him, he's not annoying." Yoona explained. 
 
"You like him?" Luhan asked shocked. Suddenly he doesn't feel right.
 
"Mm, he's like a little brother I never had." She said to him. Luhan slumped on his seat as relief wash over him. 'Wait, why am I relieved?' He thought to himself. 
 
"I'm going to pay and go home now." Yoona said after a few minutes of silence. Luhan grabbed her wrist when she was about to stand up. 
 
"Wait." He said. "Are you free on the 20th of December?"
 
"That depends on why you're asking me." She replied.
 
"Go on a date with me." He said staring at her.
 
"Mwoh?" Yoona couldn't believe what he said.
 
"Go on a date with me on the 20th of December."
 
"Why should I?"
 
"Cause i want to go on a Christmas date with you." He said like it was the most obvious answer.
 
"Isn't Christmas on the 25th? Then why go on the 20th?" Yoona asked confused.
 
"Yeah, but by then it will be too crowded." Luhan explained. "Please? You still owe me, remember?"
 
Yoona thought about it for a while. 'I do owe him,' she thought. 'What's wrong with one date right?' She thought again. She then looked at Luhan who was waiting for her reply.
 
"Fine, I'll go." Yoona finally answered. Luhan was grinning like a child getting what he wants for Christmas.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated, so many assignments to do during this week :c thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting! It means a lot :)