Ten

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not
 
Two days to the end of the year, Yoona was still working at the cafe. Luckily she only had one part time job since the bakery closed from the 26th 'till the 5th of January,but that means Yoona has to take extra shifts at the cafe. Luhan, knowing that Yoona has extra shifts at the cafe came almost everyday. At first Yoona felt a little awkward towards him ever since the date, but she shrugged the memory away and tried acting like usual.
 
"I'm going to hold a New Year's party with the other students, will you come?" Luhan asked as she handed him his coffee. Yoona raised an eyebrow. "I can't, Soojung's staying over, sorry." She said.
 
"Soojung can come." He said. "Did somebody say my name?" Soojung chirped up. "Soojung-ah, would you like to come to my house for a New Year's party?" Luhan asked Soojung this time. "Really oppa? Am I allowed to?" She asked. Her eyes filled with excitement.
 
"Of course," Luhan smiled at her. "But I think Yoona doesn't want to come." He said and pouted. "Unnie! Can we please go? We're not doing anything anyways. Please, please, please?" Soojung pouted also. Yoona heaved a sigh before giving in to them. Luhan and Soojung then high fived each other in victory.
 
"Great, so be there at 9!" He said to them. "Oh, the party's somewhat like a masquerade so be sure to wear masks. You don't have to wear a fancy dress though." He said, then stood up and left after finishing his drink and saying goodbye. Soojung was squealing in excitement.
 
"What happened to not being like other girls?" Yoona joked and crossed her arms when she saw her all excited. "This is different! It's not a fancy party. Besides, my parents and unnie are having fun now without me, I want to have fun too." Soojung defended herself. 
 
"Should we go shop for a dress unnie?" She then suggested. Yoona only shook her head at the younger girl's excitement. "Relax, I have a better idea." Yoona said.
 
On the evening of the party, Yoona had taken Soojung to her parents' house. Both of her parents were on vacation with Mr. and Mrs. Xi. Yoona then took Soojung to her closet and the latter was amazed. "Daebak." Was what Soojung first said causing Yoona to laugh at her reaction. 
 
"Are these all yours, unnie?" She asked as she gestured to the clothes and shoes. "My mom likes to buy them for me to wear for those fancy parties." Yoona explained. "Go pick something you like Soojung I think we're about the same size." Yoona said. The girls picked their dress and got ready.
 
Soojung wore a simple sleeveless dark blue lace dress that reached her knees, black stocking, a pair of black heels and a butterfly mask. Her hair was let loose and was curled at the end. Yoona wore a strapless white dress and a pair of heels, her hair tied into a French braid to the side and a matching white mask.
 
The girls arrived at the Xi's mansion 10 past 9 and there were already lots of people. Yoona walked inside as Soojung followed behind. They handed their coat near the entrance. She bumped into a few people and greeted them, not knowing who they were with their mask on. 
 
They finally got into the main hall. Soojung and Yoona went to the table where the foods were. After eating, they chat with a few people. Soojung excused herself to go to the bathroom leaving Yoona alone. After a while, Yoona felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a familiar pair of eyes behind the mask.
 
"Sehun, is that you?" She asked, not too sure. "Bingo!" He said to her. "Did you come here alone, noona?" He asked. Yoona shook her head. "I came with Soojung but she went to the bathroom." She explained to him. 
 
"Hey, how did you know it was me?" Yoona asked curiously.  "I didn't, I just took a wild guess." He said and chuckled, Yoona joined him. "Well, you sure look good in a tux Oh Sehun." She complimented him, Sehun just smiled feeling embarrassed.
 
"So, where's the host?" Yoona asked, she hadn't seen Luhan since she got there. Sehun shrugged his shoulders. "The last time I saw him, he was talking with his friends." As Sehun spoke, her eyes wandered around the room. She then saw a group of girls crowding over someone. When the group of girls moved a little, she took a better look. It was Luhan. It reminded her how she first saw him.
 
She then turned her attention back to Sehun and started to converse. She and Sehun spent the time talking and laughing at some people who were already drunk. She then remembered about Soojung and noticed she hasn't come back."Sehun I should better look for Soojung." She was about to leave when Sehun held her in place by the shoulder. "I'll go look for her, your prince's coming so stay." He said with a knowing smile and left before she could say anything. 
 
Confused at what Sehun had said, she turned around and saw that Luhan was approaching her. He was dressed in all black in contrast to Yoona who was wearing white. "You came." He said when he reached her. "Yeah, well I've been here for the past few hours or so." She said. Before they could say anything else, Luhan was called over by his friends, he excused himself and left.
 
After being left alone, Yoona decided to head upstairs to search for Soojung, knowing Sehun won't be able to find her since they have never met. Yoona stood behind the railings that had the view of the main hall. All of a sudden, a voice boomed throughout the place. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, find a partner and get ready for a slow dance." The voice said. After that, people were busy trying to find their partners.
 
 Yoona then spotted Soojung in the middle of the chaos looking like a lost little kid. Yoona was about to try calling her when suddenly the music started. The people started dancing, suddenly Yoona saw someone offering a hand to a lost Soojung. Yoona was about to march down to them, but when she took a closer look at the boy, it turned out to be Sehun. Knowing Sehun wouldn't harm Soojung, Yoona stayed at her spot. 
 
Her eyes scanned around the room again looking for someone in particular, but she couldn't find that person. She sighed and brought her attention back to Soojung and Sehun and watched as Soojung took Sehun's hand cautiously. They looked awkward at first, not meeting each others' eyes as they swayed to the music, they didn't talk either. But after a while of watching them, Yoona could see Soojung was shy and so was Sehun when they accidentally made eye contact, and they were adorable. Yoona couldn't help smiling to herself seeing the two kids.
 
'I wonder...' She was snapped out of her thoughts when someone cleared their throat. She was surprised to see Luhan there. He then offered his hand. "May I have this dance?" Yoona took his hand slowly Luhan then placed a hand on her waist and began to lead her. They didn't say anything, they just stared at each other while following the rhythm of the music. Their faces were inches apart and then suddenly the music stopped and a countdown was heard. Yoona pulled herself apart from Luhan and peered from the railings.
 
"3...2..1! Happy New Year!" Everyone shouted. Yoona was surprised and looked over the railings. Seeing people taking shots and starting to get wild, Yoona searched for Soojung. Luckily she wasn't in the middle of the ruckus, she was at the corner near the refreshment table but she was alone.
 
"Sorry, I have to go and get to Soojung." Yoona excused herself to Luhan. "The clock strikes twelve and you're leaving, Cinderella?" He said, but Yoona continued going down the stairs and head to where Soojung was. Honestly, she was a little flustered back then when she and Luhan were dancing. When she reached Soojung, the latter was in a daze.
 
"You okay, Soojungie?" Yoona asked but Soojung was still in a daze. "Have you been drinking?" Yoona asked again and this time she caught Soojung's attention. Soojung replied by shaking her head. "Maybe we should go home." Yoona said as she led them out of the mansion. On their ride back home, Yoona texted Sehun telling him that she had gone home and to tell Luhan thank you for inviting them.
 
After changing into their pyjamas and removing their make up, both of them said goodnight ready to sleep. But both of them couldn't sleep as they kept recalling the scene at the party over and over again.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hi! Firstly I'm very, very sorry for this super late update. Thank you for subscribing and reading and commenting on this story, I appreciate it a lot. I will try updating again as soon as possible :)