Four

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

 

Yoona was fortunately able to submit her essay on time on Sunday night. The next day she has a morning class and after that she went to her part time job at the cafe.
 
"So, unnie, how was the party?" Soojung asked as they finished their shift.
 
"Same as always." Yoona replied and shrugged.
 
"Fake smiles, fake laughter, and boring conversations?" Soojung said and Yoona laughed.
 
"You know all too well Soojung-ah. Oh, the food was delicious though."  Yoona said and caused Soojung to laugh.
 
"What about the boys?" She asked again. "Were there any cute guys? Or were there just old rich men?" With that Yoona was reminded about the annoying man.
 
Seeing Yoona deep in thought, Soojung started to . "Oh, unnie! There's someone isn't there?"
 
"Ani, I just remembered about this one annoying man who couldn't take a hint."
 
"Omo, who is it?"
 
"Yah, why do you want to know so much? Do you want me to introduce him to you?"
 
"Aniyo, unnie. I'm just curious about the man who finally caught your attention." Soojung teased.
 
"He did not catch my attention." Yoona argued.
 
"Whatever you say unnie~" Soojung said still teasing her. Yoona only huffed at her.
 
The rest of the week went as usual for Yoona with her classes and part time job. She was also able to clean her apartment during the weekend.
 
 
Next week
 
 
On Wednesday, Yoona went to her part time job at the bakery near her campus. Yoona was working at the cashier when the bell at the door rang indicating that there was a customer coming. Her eyes went to the door to see a group of boys entering the shop. She then spotted somebody familiar amongst the group of boys. 'It's him!' She said to herself. 'It's that annoying guy!'
 
Yoona looked left and right trying to find somewhere to hide. She did not want to see him again. Yoona then grabbed a fellow employee's hand. "Hey, want to switch with me? You can handle the cashier, I'll help at the back." Yoona said to the girl. The latter said yes and Yoona quickly went to the kitchen. Yoona then peeked from the door of the kitchen. When she saw him paying and leaving with his group of friends, she let out a deep breath. 'That was close.'
 
Luck was just not on Yoona's side. The next day Yoona had another shift at the bakery. She only had morning class that day and had her shift by lunch time. The bakery was quite packed. Yoona was busy placing fresh baked breads, when she turned around she saw him standing behind her after paying.
 
"It's you!" Luhan exclaimed as Yoona's eyes grew wider. This time he was alone. "I guess fate really did let us meet again." He said remembering Yoona's words.Yoona just stood there not knowing how to respond. "And I get to know your name." He said pointing to her name tag with a satisfied smile. Yoona still didn't respond and then Luhan checked his watch. "Ah, I've got class after this. It was nice meeting you again Yoona-ssi." He said and waved goodbye.
 
The next day, Yoona had a full day in university. A lunch time she went to the cafeteria to buy food. Outside the cafeteria were a crowd of girls. Curious, Yoona went closer to take a look. It turned out to be that the girls were crowding over a group of boys who seemed familiar to Yoona. Shrugging it off, Yoona went insidethe cafeteria.
 
After finished eating she went to her next class. On her way there she bumped into someone.
 
"Sorry." She apologized.
 
"Oh! Yoona-ssi!" A familiar voice said. Yoona looked up and was surprised to see Luhan. "What a coincidence, do you attend this university also?"
 
"Uh..yeah." She replied.
 
"Two days in a row meeting you here, fate must really wants us to meet." He said with a bright smile which Yoona replied with a weak laugh. "Oh you must have class after this, sorry for keeping you." Luhan said.
 
"Lucky to see you again Yoona-ssi." Luhan said after Yoona went past him. 'Yeah, just my luck' she thought and groaned.