Six

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

 

The next week, it was getting harder for Yoona to avoid Luhan. Every time she tries to avoid him, Luhan would have already seen her and approached her. He kept pestering her not just in campus, but also during her part time jobs. Yes, jobs. Luhan somehow knew she had another part time job at the cafe and every now and then he would come to the cafe. When asked how he knew about her second part time job, he only said "I have my sources" and smiled.
 
Avoiding Luhan was exhausting. He has been constantly asking Yoona for her phone number but he just wouldn't take no for an answer.
 
"Unnie, you look exhausted. What's wrong?" Soojung asked one day at the locker room.
 
"It's that annoying Xi Luhan." She said tiredly. "He's just so persistent."
 
"Who is he again? Your boyfriend?" Soojung teased, Yoona only groaned. "Balancing school, part time jobs and now love life, no wonder you're tired unnie."
 
"Jung Soojung don't you start." Yoona said warning her. Soojung laughed as she held up her hands in surrender.
 
The next day Yoona was having lunch alone in the cafeteria. She was focused on he food when suddenly someone pulled a chair in front of her and sat down.
 
"Annyeong ,Yoona-yah." Luhan said smiling at her. Yoona groaned inwardly. 'And to think I could at least eat lunch peacefully.' She thought.
 
"What?" She said clearly annoyed.
 
"How was your day?" Luhan asked.
 
"Good, before you came." Yoona replied coldly.
 
"Ouch, you're so mean." Luhan said as he faked a hurt look. Yoona rolled her eyes. "What do you want Xi Luhan?"
 
"Your number." He smiled. Yoona let out a deep breath. "For the hundredth time, no."
 
"Then how about a date?" He asked. Yoona didn't reply, instead she grabbed her things and left.
 
When Yoona was on her way to her part time job, she noticed that her phone was missing. 'Aish, just my luck' she thought frustratedly. When she reached the cafe, Yoona could see two familiar figure standing outside the cafe. It was Soojung and Luhan. Soojung was laughing while Luhan seemed to be telling her a story. Yoona's eyes widened when she saw Luhan suddenly grabbed Soojung's hand.
 
"Yah, Xi Luhan!" She marched over to where they were. "Don't you dare make a move on Soojung."
 
"Why? Are you jealous?" He smirked. Yoona scoffed. "Why should I be jealous? If you want to flirt with other girls, be my guest, but don't you dare touch Soojung."
 
Soojung laughed and made Yoona looked at her questioningly. "Relax, unnie. Luhan-ssi was just about to give me your phone."
 
"My phone?" Yoona asked confused.
 
"Yes, you left it back at the cafeteria." Luhan explained. He then handed Yoona her phone. Yoona stared at him for a while before mumbling a thank you.
 
"You're welcome. So, how about a kiss?" Luhan said playfully as he pointed to his cheek.
 
"How about a slap instead?" Yoona said back with a straight face. Luhan laughed and then said goodbye to the two girls.
 
At Saturday, Yoona ate dinner with her family and the Xis at the Im's mansion. The adults were busy chatting while Yoona played with her food.
 
"Mrs. Im, would you mind if I asked you for Yoona's number?" Luhan suddenly asked.
 
"Why don't you ask her yourself Luhan-ah?" Mrs. Im asked confused.
 
 "I have, but it seems that Yoona doesn't want to tell me her number." Yoona's eyes widened as she stared at Luhan who was smiling at her.
 
"Is that true Yoona?" Her mother asked. Yoona let out a nervous laugh. "Aniyo, umma. It's just that I don't remember my number and I didn't have my phone that time." Yoona lied.
 
"Well then why don't you tell him now. You brought your phone right?" Mrs. Im told her. Yoona nodded weakly and reluctantly told Luhan her number. After they finished exchanging numbers, Luhan had a satisfied smirk plastered on his face.
 
After exchanging numbers, Mrs. Im asked Yoona to take Luhan around the house which Yoona obediently did.
 
"Let's go, Luhan." She said smiling. After a few moments wandering around the house, Luhan said, "Hey, what happened to the Yoona who would always scowl at me?" Yoona who had a bored look by that time, turned to face Luhan with a scowl. "There she is." He said with an amused smile.
 
"Hey, why don't you live with your parents?" Luhan asked. 
 
"That's none of your business." Yoona replied.
 
"Then why do you have two part time jobs? Your family's rich obviously. Why do you need to work?" Luhan asked.
 
"Again, that's  none of your business." Before Luhan could ask again, his mother had called him over as they were about to go home.
 
At Yoona's apartment
 
Before going to bed, Yoona suddenly got a text message.
 
From: Xi Luhan
It's nice to finally know your number, Yoona-yah. Good night and I hope you dream of me ;)
 
Yoona scowled after reading the text and decided to ignore it.