Thirteen

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

Their tutoring session has been going for 2 weeks every Tuesday and Saturday. It was now Tuesday and Yoona's class had just ended and she was about to meet Luhan when her phone suddenly buzzed.

From: Xi Luhan

Sorry Yoona I can't make it today, something came up.

Yoona replied saying it was okay and she can review herself and went home. When she got home, she opened the fridge only to see it was empty. She then decided to go grocery shopping.

Yoona was on her way home from grocery shopping when she suddenly spotted a familiar face. There she saw Luhan walking and laughing with a girl. It looked like he knew the girl quite well as he draped his arm on her shoulders and was laughing along with her. Something came up, huh?  Yoona thought to herself. He could've just said he wanted to go on a date. Yoona fumed and went back home feeling somewhat angry.


-


"Sounds to me that you're jealous, noona." Sehun said. It was Saturday and they were at the cafe. Yoona had just told Sehun what had happened. Ever since the incident Luhan ditching Yoona, the latter also cancelled their tutoring session without telling Luhan.

"I am not jealous Oh Sehun." Yoona said. Or am I? She thought to herself but quickly dismissed it. Suddenly, the door to the cafe opened and came in a familiar girl. "That's her!" She whispered to Sehun and his head turned to the door. As if the girl heard, she turned her head towards Sehun and Yoona's direction. "Sehun?" The girl said. What? She knows Sehun too? Yoona thought. She was now very curious of the girl.

"What's this? Are you on a date? Why haven't you told me you finally have a girlfriend?" The girl asked as she approached them. "This little rascal." The girl said and held Sehun in a headlock. "Ouch! Noona it hurts!" Sehun said and broke free from the girl's hold. "Well?" The girl said as if demanding an explanation. Sehun glanced at Yoona who was also looking at him asking for an explanation.

"Yoona-noona I'd like you to meet my sister." Sehun said to Yoona suppressing a smile. Then reality hit her, the girl was Sehun's sister which means she was Luhan's cousin. "Hello, my name is Taeyeon. It's nice to meet you...Yoona, right?" The girl introduced herself. Yoona then introduced herself also. 

"So, are you perhaps dating my little brother Yoona-ssi?" Taeyeon asked which caused Sehun to burst out laughing. "Aniyo noona, Yoona-noona is actually Luhan-hyung's- ouch!" Yoona kicked Sehun under the table before he can say anything. "I go to the same university as Luhan." She explained. Taeyeon nodded in response and excused herself to join her friends after teasing Sehun.

After Taeyeon left, Sehun burst out laughing again. "Yah! What's wrong with you?" Yoona glared at him. "It's just funny now that you think of it. You were jealous of my sister." He explained. "I told you I was not jealous." Yoona huffed and threatened him to stop laughing which he complied after a few small laughters.

The next week, Yoona also didn't show up on their tutoring session and did not respond to any of Luhan's calls or messages. Remembering how she was mad at Luhan for no apparent reason made it hard for her to meet Luhan.

It was Monday afternoon and Yoona had just finished her class. She was about to got to her part time job at the cafe when it suddenly started pouring. Unfortunately for her, that day she didn't bring an umbrella.

There she stood in the lobby of the university and almost late for her part time job. Yoona sighed in frustration thinking how she could get to the cafe. She was deep in thought when suddenly a voice startled her. "You don't have an umbrella?" The voice said from behind and made Yoona turn around. Luck was really not on her side that day as the guy she didn't want to see the most stood a few metres from her. "Want to share with me?" He asked again and held up his umbrella. Yoona objected but Luhan already opened his umbrella and took her hand. "You have a shift at the cafe today right? Come on."

"Luhan, it's okay. I can just run there." Yoona said after getting dragged by Luhan. She freed her hand from his grip only to get pulled back by the shoulders. "Stay close, you'll get wet." The boy said. "Honestly Luhan I'm alright." Yoona said as she got out of his hold. They started walking again in silence. Yoona created a small gap between them which didn't come unnoticed by Luhan.

"Yoona, why are you avoiding me?" Luhan asked after a while.Yoona was taken aback but kept her cool. "What do you mean? I'm not avoiding you." She casually replied and he snorted. "Really? Then why have you been ditching me on our tutoring sessions, hm?" He asked again and Yoona pursed her lips in irritation. 

"You ditched me first and went out with that pretty lady." Yoona said before she could stop herself. A grin spread on Luhan's face after Yoona's word sinked in. "Were you perhaps...jealous?" He couldn't help but ask with a hint of teasing. Hearing that, Yoona just wanted to bang her head on a wall. 

"I was not!" She said a little too strong and it made her feel like a jealous girlfriend. "So you were jealous!" He exclaimed with a satisfied grin on his face.

Yoona crossed her arms and looked away. "I'm sorry, it's just fun teasing you." He said but Yoona still wasn't facing him. "Yoona, I'm sorry." He said again and Yoona looked over to him with her tongue sticking out. "Yah, you were just teasing me!" Luhan said and Yoona just laughed. They bickered for a while and arrived at Yoona's cafe.

Before Yoona went inside, Luhan handed her the umbrella. "Take it, you didn't bring an umbrella right?" Luhan said to her. "What about you?" Yoona asked. "I can run to the bus stop, just take it." He said and placed the umbrella in her hand. 

"But promise me you'll come tomorrow." He added. "Only if you promise you won't cancel again." She said back and he smiled. "Promise." He said made an 'x' on his heart and she chuckled at his childish act. After that he went off into the pouring rain and she watched him for a while before heading inside.

The next day Yoona was waiting for Luhan at the entrance of the university. She had been waiting for fifteen minutes but there was no sign of him. 'He couldn't possibly ditched me again, could he?' She wondered to herself. Not long after that, a group of men walked in front of her and she could recognise one of them as one of Luhan's friends.

"Excuse me," she went and asked the guy. The guy turned and faced her. "Um, have you perhaps seen Luhan?" She said. "Luhan...ah! He's didn't come today because he was sick." The guy replied.

"Sick?" Yoona asked. "Yeah, that guy can't handle getting wet from the rain, and yesterday he went home without an umbrella so now he has a fever." The guy explained. Yoona then thanked the man and headed home. That guy, Yoona thought. Saying he was okay yesterday and now he's sick. On her way home Yoona could see many shops with hearts and pink decorations on their shops and was reminded what day it was.

Later

"Ah, welcome miss." The old maid greeted Yoona when she stepped inside. She greeted back with a smile. "I was wondering if I could see Luhan?" Yoona then said. "Ah, let me get him." The maid said but before she could leave, Yoona had stopped her. 

"Um, I wouldn't want to bother him if he's sleeping. Could I just go to his room and if he's sleeping place this in his room and head back?" Yoona asked while holding a paper bag. The maid nodded in understanding and left after she gave Yoona the directions to Luhan's room.

Yoona knocked on the door of Luhan's room. Since there was no answer, she slowly opened the door and looked inside. She then saw Luhan sleeping facing her. She quietly stepped inside the room and placed the bag on his study table. Before heading out, Yoona examined Luhan's room and saw how neat it was. Her eyes then landed on the pile of papers on his bedside table. The front page of the paper had Yoona's name on it. She flipped through the pages and saw some words that were highlighted, it turned out to be some papers on the subject he was teaching her.

Yoona looked over to the bed to the sleeping figure. She then kneeled beside the bed. "Gomawo." She gently said and then examined him. His eyelashes were thick and long and his bangs were wet from sweating and almost covered his eyes. She gently pushed his bangs away as gentle as possible not to wake him. She could feel that he was quite warm and started to pet his head gently. Suddenly Luhan's eyes fluttered open. "Yoona.." He mumbled and he closed his eyes again and was back to sleep. Yoona sighed in relief and slowly got up and head towards the door. 

She looked back before closing the door and smiled after seeing Luhan was sleeping peacefully, she then head out and went back to her apartment.

 

 

A/N: hello guys! So...yeah that's the triple update. I'm very sorry I haven't update at all for quite a long time :( so, how do you guys think? Lol, I made Taeyeon as Sehun's sister cause really both of them are just the cutest and they sort of look like siblings(?) Btw, I actually have written other chapters but I'm still working on it so I'll try my best to update soon enough. To the new and old subbers: THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! It really means a lot :)