One

Cinderella? Or Maybe Not

Rays of sun filled the bedroom of a sleeping girl. Im Yoona's eyes fluttered open as the sunlight shone on her telling her it was time to wake up. She slowly stretched and reached for her phone, it was already 8 AM. She slowly rose from bed and went to the bathroom.

After showering, she went to the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee and toast. As she ate breakfast, her eyes scanned the small apartment room and noticed how messy it was. I better clean up later she thought. After breakfast she grabbed her bag and head out.

Yoona has a part time job at a cafe 20 minutes from her apartment and at a bakery near her university. She has two part time jobs to support herself. It's not that she's poor, she's far from poor. Her family owns a big company but Yoona wants to earn her own money. She doesn't want to depend on her family so she moved out of her house when she entered university and rented an apartment with her own money. Her parents didn't let her at first, but Yoona made a deal with them and they reluctantly did.

When she arrived, she quickly went to the locker room and changed into her uniform. After that she joined the other staffs who were busy getting ready to open the Cafe.This is going to be a busy day. she thought as she saw the people waiting outside the cafe.

 

And she was right, after an hour opening, the cafe was packed. Yoona had just taken her break at the locker room when suddenly her cellphone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yoona, how are you?

"I'm fine umma, what's wrong?"

"I just want to tell you that your father's business partner is having a party this evening and you are expected to come"

"Do I really have to come umma?"

"Yes dear and don't try to make excuses about your part time job cause I know your shift ends at 3 today, besides we already made a deal."

Yoona sighed remembering the deal she made with her parents. "Okay umma."

"Good, I already prepared a dress for you so after your part time job just come here okay?"

"Okay." After that her mom said goodbye and hung up.

At 3 o'clock her ended. Yoona had just changed back to her own clothes when the door suddenly opened.

"Unnie!" A girl greeted as she came in.

"Oh Soojung-ah, I thought you don't have a shift today?"

"Yeah, a worker couldn't make it today so I'm filling up for her." The girl explained. "Why do you look so gloomy?"

"I'm going to my family's house after this." Yoona said. Yoona considered Soojung as her own sister and so does the latter. Both of them like to share stories and Yoona trust her very much.

"Why? Are you in trouble?" Soojung asked.

"Ani, I have to attend some fancy party."

"You know unnie, most girls would be excited to attend a fancy party."

"Then why don't you take my place instead." Yoona retorted.

"I said most girls unnie, not me." That's what Yoona loves about Soojung, she's not materialistic like most of the people she knows.

"So do I." Yoona said with a sigh. "Well, I better get going then. See you Soojung-ah."

"See you later unnie. Fighting!" Soojung said trying to cheer her up. Yoona smiled at her and waved goodbye.

Yoona practically dragged herself to her parents' house. When she got there she was greeted by her mom.

"Yoona dear, you finally came." Her mom said as she hugged Yoona. "Why do you look so pale? Are you over working yourself?"

"Umma, I'm fine. I just haven't had lunch."

"Okay then dear. You should take a shower and get ready, I'll tell the maid to make you a sandwich." Mrs. Im said. Yoona nodded and  left to her room. On the bed there was a baby blue long dress laid for her. After showering and eating her sandwich, Yoona put on the dress her mom had prepared and did her make up, she tied her hair into a chignon and after that put on her heels.

After dressing up Yoona looked herself in the mirror and let out a long sigh. "Time to be a princess again."