Twenty Three

Best Friends Again

Hyeseon gasped at the sight before running away. At the sight of blood, the fan girls even became crazier. Yna screamed as she held on to Baekhyun. Baekhyun had been persisting to walk but in the end, Yna made him sit down. 

"Oppa, don't close your eyes. Please," she cried as Chen called the attention of the security. 

The fans had panicked and it made the rest of the group have a difficult time to reach Baekhyun and Yna. The security took a longer time to reach them and Baekhyun had already been coughing out blood. 

"Oppa, don't. Stay with me," Yna said as she held on to Baekhyun's hands, desperately trying to keep him awake. Baekhyun blinked at her and she grabbed his hands, not wanting to let go. He gave her a slight smile with the strength he had left before closing his eyes slowly. 

"Byun Baekhyun, listen to me. You're going to get through this. " Chen said as Baekhyun was carried onto the stretcher by the paramedics. Baekhyun weakly nodded before he was sent to the hospital. The fans had quickly dispersed from the area after the incident while EXO and the girls stood there, shocked at what had happened. 

"Are you okay?" Chen asked as he carefully placed one of his hands to Yna's cheeks, wiping her tears away. She was shaking, obviously a little traumatized since it happened right in front of her. If Baekhyun wasn't quick to react to the situation, she would have been the one injured instead. Yna nodded before burying her head in his chest, crying even more. 

"He will be fine. He's Byun Baekhyun for a reason," Chen whispered as he kissed her temple gently. She took a small step backwards as if asking Chen for his reassurance once again. To Chen her red eyes became even more obvious and he gave her a quick peck on the lips, as if telling her it will all be okay. 

-

The first six who left first were immediately informed about what happened to Baekhyun and they gathered at Seoul General Hospital. It wasn't long before the doctors allowed them into the room Baekhyun was in. Despite the fact that he was injured, Baekhyun still managed to welcome everyone else with a smile. 

Yna was reluctant to approach him but was quietly pushed to the foot of his bed by Chen. She eyed Chen who stuck his tongue out at her and giving her an encouraging smile afterwards. 

"Are you okay?" Yna asked but mentally slapped herself for such an ironic question. Of course he's not okay, he got injured. 

"Never better," Baekhyun joked as he tried to sit up and the rest laughed. 

"No, really. Are you better now?" Yna rephrased her question. As if satisfied with her phrasing this time, she smiled to herself and helped Baekhyun sit up. 

"I'm fine, really. It's not that deep and it's not something The Byun Baekhyun can't handle," Baekhyun reassured her, giving her a smile. 

Yna's mouth curved upwards, more than thankful that Baekhyun's is better now that he can even joke around.

"Thank you by the way," Yna said as he reached to hold Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun was playing with her fingers when Chen's cough distracted the two of them talking. Chen eyed their fingers before Yna slowly retracted her hand while whispering. "Sorry, over protective boyfriend."

"I heard you, Song Yna." Chen said monotonously causing his girlfriend to stiffen. 

The rest continued to talk to Baekhyun until the visiting hours were over. Everyone was insisting to stay and accompany him but the managers said they will stay instead. After all, all of them had just come back from Jeju and they were most likely tired from their mini-vacation. Unable to put up a fight against their managers, the whole group decided to go back to their dorms. 

It wasn't long before Baekhyun was discharged from the hospital. The doctor said that it wasn't that deep and Baekhyun was lucky that Hyeseon didn't manage to cut his vital organs. Speaking of Hyeseon, she was caught by the police the next day. They also found out that she was mentally unstable and have been plotting lots of evil things. 

-

Fanfic's ending pretty soon! 

I've been lazy, I admit.