Nine

Best Friends Again
A couple of days later, Jongdae and Yna were in the very same restaurant that they ate at a few years ago. He even requested for the very same seats they sat on. For Jongdae, it was pretty much nostalgic because everything started from there. As for Yna, the place felt so familiar but she just doesn't know why it was. Maybe it had something to do with Jongdae?
 
The both of them sat there for awhile, enjoying the comfortable silence between the two of them. Then, they ordered their food. Trays after trays arrived at their table not long after, and Jongdae watched Yna wipe out the food in amusement. She was still the same, very same. 
 
"You have something at the corner of your lips," Jongdae pointed out as he went back to eating his food. 
 
"Here?" Yna asked as she took the napkin and wiped one corner of . 
 
"Nope, here." Jongdae replied as he took his own napkin and wiped it himself. The both of them turned bright pink at the interaction before Chen wiped the back of his head sheepishly. 
 
Jongdae even heard an old couple who sat on the next table say, "young love." before they broke into giggles. Jongdae smiled back politely to the two before slicing his steak. 
 
"You're a girl. Stop eating so much." Chen commented while Yna pouted cutely at him. Oh how badly he wanted to pinch her cheeks! However, he held himself back. After a while, Yna grabbed her head and looked down. Jongdae saw as she bit her lips and shut her eyes close. He rushed to her side and grabbed her hands which eventually calmed her down. 
 
"You okay?" He asked with his eyes filled with concern and she nodded back. 
 
"I had a flashback. I can remember something but it's gone. I'm sorry Jongdae," She muttered quietly before putting her hands into her face. She felt disappointed that she can't remember anything even with the flashback. It did trigger something, a dinner with him but it slipped her mind the very second the flashback ended. 
 
She heard Jongdae sigh loudly before calling for the bill. He felt upset that she still can't remember her. He drove her home after that and the silence was slowly killing her. While one of his hands was steering the wheel, she grabbed his other hand into hers. They locked eyes for a moment before Jongdae broke it to focus on the road. Through out the entire drive home, he didn't utter a single word to her. 
 
"Goodnight," he whispered as he closed the front door of Yna's dorm.
 

 

"Now, how did it go?" Chanyeol asked as Chen entered the front door. Everyone in EXO had been gathered there to wait for him and ask about how the whole thing went. Chen's face was gloomy and that answered it. He shook his head before plopping down beside them.
 
"Before you start talking, let me call the girls." Lay said as he put Eluna on loud speaker. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" Eluna's soft voice was heard. 
 
"Eluna-yah, gather everyone. Jongdae's back and he's gonna tell us what happened," Chanyeol instructed with his low voice. 
 
"Neh. Hold on," Eluna replied before her screams were heard and a few seconds later, stumbling and crashing were heard. 
 
"Okay, I'm back," Eluna spoke.
 
"Hello oppas!" Yara, Minki and Hyomin chorused.
 
"So how did it go?" Eluna asked almost immediately. 
 
"She had a flashback earlier. She told me she remembered something but it was gone," Chen said sadly. The girls frowned over the phone. "Then I didn't say anything to her at all until I sent her back," he continued. 
 
"That means, it's time for plan-" Minseok stated. 
 
"No hyung." Jongdae interrupted him. 
 
"What do you mean no?" Kyungsoo asked curiously as he tapped his lap. 
 
"I give up, I'm not going to try -" Jongdae began. 
 
"ARE YOU NUTS?!" Yara screamed over the phone, reminding everyone of her presence. 
 
"I swear I will kill you Jongdae," Hyomin muttered slowly while emphasizing on the fifth word. 
 
The girls heard someone clear their throat from the other side of the phone before a low voice spoke, "Hyomin, manners."
 
"Don't talk about manners to me! How can you do this? She needs you the most and you're gonna give up?" Hyomin exploded, shocking everyone else. 
 
They didn't realise that the door was ajar and that Yna has been standing there listening to their conversations. Yna grabbed her coat and accidentally slamming the front door behind her. The girls just ignored it and continued to talk to the boys. 
 

 

"Did you send our Unnie home?" Minki asked. They were still discussing about what happened and the boys were giving Jongdae lectures. He really hated it when they did that but they just care for him. And her. 
 
"Yes," Jongdae replied. 
 
"It's ten minutes to midnight but she's no where here." Eluna responded. 
 
"I've checked the whole dorm, she's really not here!" Yara shouted. 
 
"Are you sure?" Jongdae asked, panicked that Yna wasn't at home. He was sure that he sent her home. He even made sure that she was safely inside before he closed the front door, so how can she not be there?
 
"I swear I will kill you Kim Jongdae," Baekhyun said as he grit his teeth. 
 
"She left her phone here too!" Eluna exclaimed as she waved Yna's phone at the girls. 
 
"Crap!" Minki shouted and everyone flinched. 
 
"Eluna's door was open, so she must have heard what Jongdae Oppa said." Minki continued as everyone else in EXO panicked. 
 
"I remember hearing the door slam, that must be her!" Yara shouted as she grabbed her phone and was prepared to run out. 
 
"Jongdae, if I find that my Unnie is not safe, I swear to God that I will kill you with my bare hands." Hyomin threatened, obviously enraged that this was all Jongdae's fault. 
 
"Girls, we'll meet you at your dorm in 5 minutes. Charge your phones, we can't let you search for her alone. You will partner up with someone and search, alright?" Kris spoke calmly although everyone knew how nervous he was at the moment. Then, he hang up the phone. 
 
Everyone shook their head towards Jongdae before they ran off to their rooms to get their phones, coats and car keys. Before leaving, everyone was instructed to find her at specific areas. 
 

 

"Open up! We don't have time!" Suho yelled as he knocked on the girls front door frantically. The girls opened the door and glared at Chen before finding their partners and splitting up. Each girl was paired with their boyfriend except for Hyomin who went inside the nearest car, which was Kris', while the rest of the boys had to search by themselves. 
 
"Keep everyone updated, see you." Luhan said as he fastened his seatbelt and stepping on the accelerator. 
 

 

They were in their respective locations. Tao took one of the dark alleyways near their dorms just like Kris and Hyomin. Some drove around the neighbourhoods, while some towards the different coffee shops nearby. 
 
The moment Kris and Hyomin stepped out of the car to look further inside the alley way, they heard a very familiar scream. With that, they quickened their pace and found a man pinning a girl against the wall, his arms on both sides of her face. 
 
They were both muttering some sort of prayer that the girl wasn't Yna as they walked closer to them. 
 
Kris had already lunged forward and a punch landed on the man's face hard, as he fell to the ground. Kris then straddled on him and punched him nonstop while the man tried to push Kris off him. 
 
"Kris, enough! You will kill him!" Hyomin shouted as she rushed to the girl. The girl lost all the energy in her legs as she squatted down and begin crying. 
 
"Unnie! It's fine! You're fine!" Hyomin said as she tried to help her up. 
 
"Kris, hurry up and carry her." Hyomin instructed as she walked to the car. The girl's face was filled with bruises and the left side of her face was purple, making her unrecognisable. 
 
"Hyo, call them and tell them that we found her." Kris spoke as he rushed to the hospital. 
 
-
 
I'm gonna leave you guys with this.
 
Hello to my new subbies!
 
Comments are appreciated. 
 
 
xx