Four

Best Friends Again

A couple of days later, SM Entertainment had called for a press conference to talk about the rumour of Chen leaving EXO. 

The hall was filled with people and their bulky cameras and voice recorder. Some even have notebooks and a pen on their laps.

EXO entered the hall and took their places quietly, their head down most of the time. Then they bowed and introduced themselves, while being blinded by the flashes from the cameras. All of them faked a smile before sitting down. 

"Today, SM Entertainment called for a press conference for a very important announcement." The emcee began. 

"EXO's Main Vocal, Kim Jongdae also known as Chen to most of you, will be leaving EXO for good. We will have a question and answer portion at the end," He continued. 

"It is a loss for us as Jongdae is a very bubbly person with a great voice. Honestly, we do not want him to leave. But we decided respect his decision and I hope that our fans will respect it as well." Kris spoke in his usual low voice. Even though he sounded calm, there was a slight shake in his voice.

"Where do I begin? He is a very caring hyung that was easiest to bully. But he never did complain. He made us happy most of the time and if leaving EXO would make him happy like how he made us happy, I will respect him." Sehun commented, smiling bitterly after he finished. 

The boys had tears in their eyes but only one had it running down his cheeks from the start. Baekhyun and Suho who sat beside him were patting his back to calm him down. 

"I would like to ask, if it's not too private, why did Chen decide to leave EXO?" One of the reporters asked.

"We would like to skip this quest-" Minseok stated. 

"No hyung, I will answer." Jongdae interrupted.

"Firstly, I hope that all of you will respect my decision of leaving EXO and respect my privacy from now on. I have revealed my relationship with my girlfriend to the public not too long before my girlfriend got into an accident. She always told me that she didn't want the public to know because she will just get hurt by our fan girls. I didn't listen to her and bugged her to make it public. I told her I will protect her if it happens. But if I were to go back, I would have just listened to her." Jongdae started, Baekhyun squeezed his shoulder while Suho gave him an encouraging smile. 

"But things happened and she got into an accident. More like an act purposely done by a sasaeng." He continued and gasps echoed once again inside the hall. Who would have known that such an act could be done by their sasaengs?

"She took care of me when we were younger, she would save my when I played pranks on others. She's still in ICU right now, unconscious. I think it's about time that I quit my career and take care of her just like how she took care of me. Baby?" He asked before looking up.


"You can hear me right? Wake up soon, we have been waiting for you to wake up for so long. I love you baby." He finished, unaware that the rest of the members have already been sobbing uncontrollably beside him. 

"You are always welcome to come back hyung." Jongin and Tao chorused from the side and they smiled at him. 

“I agree with them, EXO is not complete without you,” Kyungsoo added as he nodded towards Jongdae’s direction.


 

Mr and Mrs Song sat in the hospital room watching the constant rise and fall of their daughter’s chest. They received a call from Chanyeol who informed that the press conference would begin any time soon. They sat nervously in front of the television on the foot of their daughter’s bed and waited for it to commence.

“He didn’t have to do that, Hon. He just achieved his dreams not so long ago,” Mrs Song wailed as he clutched tightly on her husband who was too absorbed about what was happening.

“Hon, he wanted to. It just shows how much he loves our daughter,” Mr Song replied back, proud of her daughter’s boyfriend even though he knew that Jongdae shouldn’t have done that.

Meanwhile, the girls were also seated in front of their television watching the live telecast of the press conference. All of them were teary-eyed watching the whole thing. Controlling their tears was difficult after Chen said the last few sentences. They cried in each other's arms as they found out how much Jongdae love their Unnie that he was willing to give up his own dream for her. 

 


 

Triple update, wheee~

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

 

xx