Saved

Leaving our fate in your hands

"You're asking me how much I  love Kikwang?" Jaekyung retreated, shocked at Myungsoo's question. Was'nt he being a little too...curious about Jaekyung's love life? Myungsoo scratched the back of his head. Uh oh. Did he say that a little too loud? God, Myungsoo. You stupid boy. "No, well, you know..you were mumbling his name while you were sleeping so I was wondering, he must be a really important person to you, right?" 

 

"Oh, I did?" Myungsoo nodded. Jaekyung's cheeks went red from embarrassment. How could she do that when Myungsoo was the one who brought her to the school clinic in a hurry, receiving glares from almost everyone that saw them, and not caring about that but instead caring about her bruise? Jaekyung mentally facepalmed herself. "Oh, must be out of habit then. Sorry and, thank you for bringing me here, Kim Myungsoo." 

 

"Oh, not a problem. It's what friends are for, right? The nurse said you'll have to renew your bandage every 6 or 7 hours so make sure you do that. And..what did I miss? Hmm..." Myungsoo tappd his chin. Jaekyung stared at him deliberately. He was being a gentleman. Far from the Myungsoo she had known when she first met. Arrogant, selfish and annoying. The Myungsoo that she's staring at now would seem like a guy she would date. Wait, what?! Date?? Did this Han Jaekyung just thought she would date Kim Myungsoo? No, no, no, no! *I must be overthinking things..* Jaekyung thought.

 

"Got it. You can go now." Jaekyung said with a straight face. "Ah! And don't forget to take regular meals. The nurse said your sugar level is low as well. So I recommend you to drink Red Bull or...Coke would do too. How about I buy for you now-" "I said you can go, Kim Myungsoo haksaeng. Thank you for your help and care. I know how to take care of myself." Jaekyung cut Myungsoo off, leaving the latter at a lost for words. Did he perhaps said something wrong or..? 

 

"No, you did not say something wrong. I just feel...uncomfortable. I need some time alone. Thanks." Jaekyung said as she faced the window, not even sparing a glance towards Myungsoo as he leave. He felt...disappointed. He did'nt know why he was even feeling that way but something told him that he wanted something more than just a mere 'thanks' and 'sorry' from Jaekyung. He just needs to find out what is bugging him. 

 

-----

 

Myungsoo stared at the ceiling, his mind filled with words Jaekyung said earlier. The tone in her voice told him that she did'nt like him caring too much for her. She did'nt like that his attention was focused on her. She wanted to distance herself away from Myungsoo. He could sense that from Jaekyung. But, why? He was just caring for a friend, was'nt he?

 

"Ahhhh! . Why am I even thinking about this? Jaekyung is just a friend. It's not like she's my girlfriend or anything, right? Why am I caring so much for her? Ok Myungsoo, think. It was obvious she was uncomfortable with you, she even said it herself! Her voice explains it all, no doubt. But why was she uncomfortable? Was I too much? But I did what was right. I did what friends would do to a friend in need, no?" Myungsoo mumbled to himself. He did'nt even know why but this matter bugged him so much. 

 

"Mom must've went back to Seoul by now. She did'nt even tell me." Myungsoo pouted as the number he called was'nt in use. "Now tell me, who's going to do all the cooking now? Huhu?! I'm dead hungry. See? Now I'll just have to drag myself to the store." Myungsoo cursed as he grabbed his coat before heading out. 

 

"Hmm, what's for today? I guess some ramen would do the trick. I'll make it delicious, so stay calm for now, got it?" Myungsoo tapped his tummy as he grabbed a few more snacks when he saw Jaekyung's back view. "Oh?" Myungsoo gasped as he went towards Jaekyung, not even minding about what she had said earlier. "Hi." 

 

Jaekyung spun around and was shocked to find Myungsoo staring blankly at her. *Was he stalking me or something?* Jaekyung thought to herself when Myungsoo nudged her. "Hey, you were zoning out." Myungsoo chuckled to himself. "Oh, hi. What are you doing here so late?" Jaekyung asked when she realised she had asked the stupidest question of all time. 

 

Myungsoo looked at the ceiling and around him. "Uhh, I'm buying some snacks for myself. Is'nt it kinda obvious though?" Myungsoo asked as he showed the things he was holding. He was in a mart anyway so...what was Jaekyung thinking? Aigoo. "Right, sorry." Myungsoo shook his head. "Oh, did you change your bandages on time though?" Myungsoo asked as Jaekyung nodded. "Yeah, I did. Thanks." 

 

And soon the atmosphere was filled with awkward silence. *What should I say next? Hmm, if I were to say I'm going to pay, would'nt it be obvious that I'm pushing him away? God Jaekyung. Make up your mind! You're always quick-witted. What happened to you?!* Jaekyung thought to herself. Meanwhile...

 

*Oh god, brain. Don't give up on me now! Think of an excuse, fast! I'm sure she's uncomfortable right now. She's not saying anything! Uh...* Myungsoo thought when an idea came up and his mouth said it without thinking twice. "I'm going to pay for this then." Both Jaekyung and Myungsoo said in unison. And both cracked up.

 

"Then you go first." Both of them said in unison again. Myungsoo giggled and Jaekyung chuckled. "Great minds think alike huh?" Myungsoo said when he heard a soft giggle from Jaekyung. Her voice soft and cute all at once. 

 

"Look at them. Our first plan was a fail. We're almost done with our second plan, right?" the woman said as she continued eyeing both Jaekyung and Myungsoo with utter disgust. "Yes maam. Just a bit more and I'm sure our second plan is going to succeed. But maam, don't you think you're being too nice? Like, should'nt we torture her bad and then we kill her? That way it would be more exciting." Dongwoo said with an intriguing voice. Rena faced Dongwoo with a faint smirk on her face. "I did'nt know you could be this evil, Dongwoo. Good job." Rena said as she placed a kiss on his lips. 

 

"Well, I learned it from you, master." Dongwoo said as he his lips, tasting the peach flavour and savouring it. Rena smirked as she return her gaze to the laughing Jaekyung. "I'll make sure you regret this, Han Jaekyung." Rena said as she eyed Myungsoo who was stealing glances towards Jaekyung."That boy likes her, I can feel it. His name is Kim Myungsoo, right?" "Yes maam." 

 

"And if I'm not mistaken he has a girlfriend named Choi Suyeon? Oh Suyeon darling, you're going to lose him so easily. Let's see what you think of this lovely couple." Rena said with a sly smirk or her face as she waited for Jaekyung to exit the shop. "Get ready Dongwoo. Our target is going down tonight." 

 

-----

 

Jaekyung was walking down the reticent alley when she heard footsteps behind her. She felt cold all of a sudden and she can't help but walk faster because anything can happen to a girl like Jaekyung. At times like this, she hoped Myungsoo was beside her, making sure she was fine. If Myungsoo was here, she would'nt have felt this nervous.

 

Jaekyung slowly took out her phone from her front pocket, ready to text Myungsoo. She had no choice okay! Myungsoo was her only hope for now. It's not like Kikwang would come and save her from the baddies now. The steps behind her came to a halt when she turned around, only to be welcomed with the cold eerie alley. No one was around. Maybe it was just her imagination. She must be overthinking things. Thats for watching too much horror movies, Jaekyung.

 

Jaekyung resumed walking when she heard the footsteps once again. That was when she knew she was'nt imagining.

 

To: Kim Myungsoo 

Myungsoo, sorry for disturbing you late at night but I need your help, fast. 

Please come down to street 79. I think someone's following me. 

I'm afraid Myungsoo. Please come fast.

I'll be waiting >_<

 

Myungsoo was enjoying his ramen while watching Glee when he heard some vibration. He decided to ignore it, thinking it must've been the sound of the refrigerator. He was enjoying his noodles while Jaekyung on the other hand was having a hard time trying to save herself from god knows who.

 

Jaekyung was waiting for a call, or at least a reply from Myungsoo but none came. *Myungsoo please don't be cocky right now and comeee! I'm..I'm afraid. Please come.* Jaekyung thought to herself when she decided to dial Myungsoo's number rather than just wait for a reply that would'nt come even if she waited for a year.

 

The first call was unsuccessful. Jaekyung muttered incoherent words to herself, cursing Myungsoo continuosly. *You think this is a joke? Huh?!* 

 

Myungsoo ran for his phone when he heard beeping sounds, and was shocked to see 3 missed calls followed by 1 text message from Jaekyung. He opened the text and straight away grabbed his coat, calling Jaekyung and hoping she would pick it up. Soon Jaekyung's voice can be heard and the background sounded a little noisy than usual.

 

"Jaekyung? Where the hell are you?! Who's following you?? Stay around that area and go to crouded places. I'm on my way. If anything happens, just shout as loud as you can. Don't be afraid. I'll make sure you're safe. Just follow what I told you, got it?!" Myungsoo said when Jaekyung muttered a short 'ok', her voice soft and fearful. Myungsoo panicked straight away when he haild for a cab.

 

Jaekyung kept every word Myungsoo had said in mind. Thoughts were running crazily in her mind. Was she going to be ok? Is she going to escape safely? Is Myungsoo going to come on time? Is she never going to meet her parents anymore? All that depends on herself. 

 

Myungsoo panicked. *Jaekyung...Jaekyung..you're going to be ok. Trust me. You are. I'm not going to let anyone touch you.* Myungsoo thought to himself as he reached the said destination. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. His eyes darted from left to right and vice versa. Saving Jaekyung was the only thing he had in mind at that point of time.

 

Myungsoo saw 2 people walking weirdly, as if they were stalking someone. They were walking oddly too, that was when he saw a girl walking alone infront of the strangers, her body small built and petite. Jaekyung. Myungsoo ran towards her and hugged her from the back. "It's me, Myungsoo. Don't worry. I'm here. Just stay still." Myungsoo whispered and Jaekyung was beyond relieved. His hot breath made her feel safe, and his warm body enveloped perfectly around her petite body.

 

"Thank you, Myungsoo." Jaekyung whispered and Myungsoo smiled. He looked back and was glad to find that it was just left with the two of them, walking down the cold alley, both bodies close together. She's safe, that's for sure.