The breakup

Leaving our fate in your hands

Myungsoo could'nt sleep that night, his mind filled with Jaekyung's soft lips on his. The way she smiled into the kiss, the way she fought for dominance when Myungsoo wanted his tongue in and just how perfect her lips fit with his. Myungsoo was personally shocked when Jaekyung responded to the kiss when he thought Jaekyung would just push him away or slap him in the face but no. Jaekyung wanted it as much as Myungsoo.

Myungsoo felt slightly guilty for doing so because 1) he was still in a relationship with Suyeon 2) he left Suyeon in the house alone without any further explanation 3) he swore he saw how disappointed Suyeon looked when he left her. So in conclusion, Myungsoo was being a horrible, heartless boyfriend whom just possibly did'nt care of how his girlfriend was feeling. 

Myungsoo grunted and he stood up from his bed and strutted towards Suyeon's room. After knocking for a few minutes, the door was still closed and it seemed like no one was inside. Suyeon did'nt tell me she went out. Oh right. I was'nt at home and she did'nt buy a card here. Pfft. Myungsoo sighed and knocked once more, just wanting to make sure if Suyeon really was'nt inside and the door suddenly creaked open.

Oh.

Myungsoo tiptoed inside, not sure why he was even doing so, and took a seat on the bed. He looked around the room, in hope of finding a note or something because thats sooo Suyeon. When they were in Korea, Suyeon and Myungsoo has this 'promise' between each other so as to not make one another worried or something. 

And so, Myungsoo will have to leave a note on the table or room to indicate that he was lazy to bring his phone or that he was away for a while. Suyeon too. And that was why Myungsoo was not surprised when he found a note in Suyeon's room at the corner of the room's table. 

Myungsoo took the note and widened his eyes at the words that read:

"Myungsoo, I'll be away for a while although I know it's already late and I'm giving this just so you'll not be worried. I'm just out for some air cause you know how dull your house in. All black. Still haven't changed huh? Well that's what I love about you. When you love something, you stick to it for the rest of your life. 

I've noticed the change in you these days and I could'nt help but feel happy for you. Its good to see you happy whenever you meet Jaekyung. And I can clearly see that she means more than just a friend to you. I'm mad, of course. And I don't know what you guys have between each other since maybe you guys spend alot of time with each other compared to myself.

And I totally understand that. But, you should've told me, you know. Maybe talk it out? You have to trust me. I mean, we have been with each other long enough to trust each other, right? Tell me if you have a change of heart and talk to me about it clearly. I have to say I'm not ready to let you go because I still dearly love you. But I can't help to feel that the distance we have between each other has expanded. And it makes me you know, sad. 

I'll give you time to think about it although the answer is clear. It's just that the choice you make is important. It beholds what the future has for the three of us. And if you choose her over me, I wish all the best for the both of you. Don't break her heart and stay with her whenever she needs you. Because girls want to feel loved. 

Thank you."

Myungsoo shed a tear without realising it himself. Why? Why does it sound like she was ready to let her go? No. She was ready to let him go. Myungsoo felt empty, honestly. How can she be this calm? Myungsoo could'nt believe what he just read. He felt disappointed, like this empty feeling in his heart like this feeling no one can explain, even himself. 

Myungsoo got up abrubtedly, grabbing his coat as he swiftly went out. He was worried about Suyeon. Suyeon was handphone-less and because Suyeon is pretty, anything can happen anytime. Myungsoo started to gasp for air and he was on panting, tired from all the running. London is big, mind you. And Myungsoo has absolutely no clue where Suyeon is.

Myungsoo started to think of the possible places where he could find Suyeon. Well, Suyeon did mention that she has been wanting to visit the Eye of London or the Windsor Castle or the Apsley House or the Jewel Tower or oh heck. Suyeon was one adventerous kid alright and Myungsoo has no idea where he should start.

He could've just waited for Suyeon to come back home but no. He already felt guilty enough to leave Suyeon lurching alone and feeling all alone, by herself. With no one to care or love her. Myungsoo knows that when Suyeon feels down, she would do something stupid to cease the pain like crossing the road without a care in the world, just to feel free from the pain.

Myungsoo dialled Jaekyung's number in a swift movement, wanting to ask for help. Jaekyung's voice sounded muffled and hoarse, definitely disturbed by the call. "H-hello? Myungsoo? It's 2 in the morning. What's up?"

"I-I-I need h-help Jae. Fast!" 

"Wait, wait, relax, what's wrong?? Tell me clearly Myungsoo. Breathe." 

"S-suyeon. She, she, she's gone Jae! She's not at home and I- she left me a note s-saying that she was ready to let me go. I-I need to find her. Now!"

"Okay, calm down Myungsoo. Breathe. Firstly, did she tell you where she'll be? Did she give you hints?"

"No. She did'nt. But she did tell me she wanted to go to places but theres too much I can't register where exactly."

"Okay. Hmm, go to the police station and file report. I'll come to your house while you go check the places where she could possibly be. I'll see if she happens to come back. Got it?" 

"O-okay. Be careful." 

"You too." 

Myungsoo gulped before heading his way to the nearest police station as fast as his legs could bring him. His heart was thumping against his chest. He was praying hard so that Suyeon would be okay. That no one was bothering her, teasing her and making her feel all uncomfortable than she already is. No, Myungsoo will not let that happen to Suyeon, ever. 

After running a few blocks and reaching the police station, Myungsoo did not spare a minute to walk up to the police to file a report. After doing so, Myungsoo called Jaekyung to inform her that he had filed a police report and that he'll start heading to the Eye of London. 

It was hard to find a girl at a very crowded place especially at night and Myungsoo just did'nt know what to do to not breakdown. Myungsoo had to squint his eyes and he knew it was unhealthy for his eyes but heck, he has to find Suyeon ASAP. Myungsoo kept on praying and was hoping so hard that he could be able to find Suyeon by tonight because he was responsible for Suyeon while she was here in a foreign country. 

Seeing that looking for a person alone would'nt be enough, he decided to ask the people around him by showing them Suyeon picture. Many shook their heads, indicating that no, they had not seen Suyeon. But that did'nt stop Myungsoo from looking for Suyeon. He would look for her for a whole day, if that meant that he's able to get to her. 

Myungsoo decided to turn around and ask more people when he noticed a girl with long, wavy hair looking down at her fingers, muttering incoherent words to no one but herself. Myungsoo noticed her because 1) she totally looked like Suyeon and 2) she was looking at him with such agony and sadness in her eyes.

Myungsoo ran towards her, not missing a chance because Suyeon could just run away from him again, wanting to ignore the whole reason why they were even apart from each other. Not like how they used to be around each other, all cuddly and loving. Suyeon stiffened when she realized that Myungsoo was so close to her till he was just a hand away from reaching Suyeon herself.

Suyeon avoided Myungsoo's glare and flinched when Myungsoo gripped her wrist. "Oh, sorry. Did I hurt you?" Myungsoo loosened his grip when he noticed that Suyeon was avoiding him. "W-why are you here Myungsoo? It's late." 

"Exactly. The perfect reason why I should bring you home right this instance. We need to talk, Choi Suyeon." Myungsoo sounded stern because he figured out that by acting so, only would Suyeon follow him because Suyeon was so hard to please and Myungsoo just had to do it but maybe not today, no.

"I don't think so, Myungsoo ah. Let's just..let's just end it here. I'm ready to hear it. Your answer." Suyeon said it, almost inaudible to Myungsoo's ears. Myungsoo stiffened for abit, not expecting that from Suyeon the moment she met him. Myungsoo wanted to scold Suyeon for being too selfish, for not thinking that he was darn worried about her, for not asking him whether he was okay or not, for everything, basically.

"No. You do what I say, Choi Suyeon. We'll talk when we get back, okay?" Myungsoo gritted his teeth because he knew when Suyeon had made her decision, there's no easy way for her to change her mind. Suyeon gave Myungsoo an irritated look for a second before looking away. "Fine."

-----

"Myungsoo have yo-"

"Go home, Jae. I'll take it from here. She's fine." Myungsoo said and Suyeon took a peek at Jaekyung before giving her an unsincere smile. So she's the girl Myungsoo's in love with? Her? Suyeon thought to herself. What is it that she has that I don't? I-I'm better looking than her anyway. There is no way I'm letting Myungsoo go. He was mine in the first place.

Jaekyung nodded and pursed her lips into a thin line, indicating that okay, good then. Jaekyung looked at Suyeon and smiled, but her smile faltered when she realized that 'oh, okay that look was definitely not a good look I mean look at her, she does'nt like me and-

"Jae? You there? You can go home by yourself right? Can't send you cause, you see." Myungsoo gave an apolegetic look and Jaekyung nodded. "Yeah. Uhh, well I'll get going then, Choi Suyeon sshi." Jaekyung said and bowed a little before she left. 

Suyeon gave a disgusted look and rolled her eyes, not even bowing or anything because face it. How can one simply show respect to another after 'somehow' knowing that that person 'stole' your boyfriend away from you? Suyeon tightened her grip on Myungsoo's arm and gave Jaekyung one of the most disgusted look Jaekyung had ever got and Jaekyung looked away, trying her best to avoid more hatred looks because she simply could not handle it. 

Myungsoo entered the house, Suyeon following him suit, and he gave her a look. 

"Where were you? I looked everywhere for you, you know that? You did'nt leave me a note, even."

"Would you even care if I were to? I did leave you a note, in case you did'nt know. And I wonder if you had read it because I need the answer Myungsoo. I need to know if you still love me or not." 

Myungsoo exhaled and suddenly the floor looked so interesting to him.  "Suyeon, it's complicated. I-I don't even know the answer to that. It's too sudden, you know? I never wanted you to know it this way. I mean I know I owe you a big explanation but you need to understand me, Suyeon. It's not that I don't love you anymore, I do. But maybe," 

"Maybe?" Suyeon creaked out.

"Maybe a little change of heart? I mean I spend my everyday life here with her, almost everyday. And she's just a nice girl, so pure and so nice and she faced some difficulties here you know. She almost lost her life just because someone thought that she stole away her boyfriend away from her. I had to help her. No, I was the only one that could help her. It was chaotic and I had to make sure she was safe. She's my friend, Suyeon. You know where I'm getting at, do you?"

Yes. Suyeon does. But, the fact that Myungsoo said he maybe had a change of heart hurt her like a glass that broke into pieces. Myungsoo promised, no, they promised to stay together, forever. But just like anyone else, no one knows what might happen. Things just...happen you know? And we can't control it. It just happens and we have to accept it.

"So? Now what? I just need an answer Myungsoo. Do you love me anymore? I love you. You know that. But I need to hear it from you. Do you still love me?" Suyeon asked, her voice vulnerable and in a sense, hoping.

Myungsoo looked at Suyeon, her hands trembling, her face almost unreadable, her brows furrowed in a thin line and her toes tensed. Oh she was dead nervous I tell you. 

Myungsoo knew the answer. It was too obvious. He had made some comparisons and not to say anything but he knows what would happen to him if he were to end up with either Suyeon or Jaekyung. And the answer was as clear as water. His heart told him Jaekyung. His mind told him Suyeon. This was some strong thinking he has to make between the two. And Myungsoo could'nt help but sigh.

"Is it that hard to make a choice?"

"No, it's just...I need to think this through Suyeon. I...I need you to accept and understand my choice. No matter who it is, alright?" 

"Yeah, okay."

"I love you Suyeon, I really do. But you need to know that maybe I'm not the one for you. Maybe there are other guys out there that treasure you more than I do. Maybe there are other guys that can be there for you when you need them. Maybe there are guys out there that can make you happy and loved. And I realized that, no. I'm not the one. Look at this. We are talking about our relationship that god knows whats going to happen.

And I  don't want you to get hurt. I'm doing this for the best of everyone. I need you to understand that the only way for all of us to survive this is to break up."

Suyeon felt as if something was restricting her from breathing. Her saliva got caught up in , preventing her from uttering anything. This is it. He does'nt want me anymore. I'm not loved by Kim Myungsoo anymore. He hates me. I'm useless to him. He has someone else. And I'm not the one he needs by his side anymore.

"Suyeon? Suyeon, wake up. It's already 9 in the morning. You need to catch your flight."

Oh.

"W-what?"

"Your flight back to Seoul. It's at 11. We need to be there by 10." 

"Myungsoo." 

"Is there something wrong?"

"What happened yesterday?" 

"We broke up, Choi Suyeon. You said things are not working well between us."

"When did I-"

"Get up, we're late." 

Huh?

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Yay! Updated! A long chapter huh? Stay tuned~^^