Ups and Downs

Leaving our fate in your hands

Jaekyung thought that the moment she said 'yes', she would be in danger, or she would not be able to escape Myungsoo's wrath because that boy was annoying as hell. She thought that Myungsoo would be a little arrogant because of his looks (Myungsoo was undeniably handsome, even the teachers in campus fell for him) and that Myungsoo would flaunt his good genes to everyone. Myungsoo used to be cold and weird at times. He also often like to keep things more to himself, as he thought that it would be safer. He did'nt think that telling people about his problems or so would bring any benefit or help to the other.

Jaekyung sighed for the upteenth time that day. "Myungsoo! What did I tell you?! You should clean up your mess after you eat!" Jaekyung hollered as she brought back a strand of her hair to the back of her ear. This Myungsoo is starting to get on her nerves. She should've said no when Myungsoo offered to stay in the same house. Now, she is starting to regret.

Myungsoo appeared from the bathroom, with a toothbrush still connected to his mouth, as he said "Okay, okay! I'll do it as soon as I'm done, honey!" Jaekyung grunted as she placed the dishes on the sink. She wore gloves and her stereo as loud as she could, so she could annoy Myungsoo who was taking a bath. And soon Jaekyung started washing the dishes. 

"Jae! Lower down the volume! I hate this song!" Myungsoo shouted from the shower and Jaekyung purposely increased the volume to annoy Myungsoo more because that boy deserved it, really. "Not until you listen to what I say!" Jaekyung shouted back as she went back to the sink to wash the dishes.

Jaekyung was happily humming to Hyolyn's One Way Love when she was swept off her feet by guess who? That arsehole.

"Myungsoo! Put me down, now!" Jaekyung shouted as Myungsoo carried her bridalstyle to the bedroom and dropped Jaekyung on the bed with a loud thud. "Myungsoo!"

"What?" Myungsoo hovered above Jaekyung and whispered, his face just inches away from Jaekyung's. His scent was alluring, his body was still covered in only his towel and his strands of hair was sticking to his forehead, beads of water dripped from it. He smelled masculine with a mixture of Jaekyung's strawberry bodywash. He was hot as hell.

"W-what are y-you doing, Myungsoo?" Jaekyung stuttered and blushed as she gave Myungsoo a hard shove on the chest, leaving Myungsoo stumbling down on his . "Ouch!" 

Jaekyung laughed heartily as she looked at Myungsoo who was struggling to tighten his towel. Myungsoo gave Jaekyung another push until Jaekyung was lying on the bed, again. Myungsoo hovered above Jaekyung with a playful grin on his face. "You like seeing me suffer that much, do you?" Myungsoo asked in between pants.

Jaekyung was lost in his stare for a while. The creature that lay before her eyes was perfect. His eyes were mysterious, that gave Jaekyung the feeling of wanting to know the real Myungsoo. His nose looked like it was sculpted by God himself and those lips...they were luscious, fine and delish.

"Myungsoo..." Jaekyung started when Myungsoo sushed her with a passionate kiss on the lips. 

Jaekyung's hands were pinned against the bed, leaving her no space to fight for herself. Myungsoo kissed Jaekyung like he had missed her for so long, filled with passion and satistaction. Myungsoo turned his head a little so he could get to deepen the kiss as his hands travelled to the back of Jaekyung's head. As soon as Jaekyung had control over her hands, she wrapped them around Myungsoo's neck as she arched her back to kiss deeper.

 Myungsoo and tucked on her lower lip, to ask for dominance, and Jaekyung was more than willing to let him in. "Myungsoo..." Jaekyung moaned when Myungsoo bit her bottom lip, bruising it to his heart's content. Myungsoo's tongue was wondering around , exploring it to satisfaction.

 "Jaekyung..." Myungsoo grunted at the back of his throat as he stopped the kiss and stared at the girl that laid in front of him. The girl whom he found to love and care for. She was beautiful and Myungsoo was never more thankful to have her to himself. "I'll go change first. You need to go to the orphanage to give the kids books right?" Myungsoo asked as he got up to look for a pleasant clothing to wear to the orphanage.

Jaekyung was still dazed from the heated kiss but nodded right away. "Uhhh..yeah. I'll go get ready." Jaekyung mumbled a she went out, the blush on her cheeks still evident. "Aish! Why the hell are you blushing, Han Jaekyung?!" Jaekyung huffed as she fanned her cheeks and puffed them to reduce the redness.

Myungsoo giggled to himself as he heard Jaekyung mumble to herself. 

----

"Kikwang! Don't leave me! She does'nt even want you anymore, Kikwang! Forget about here already!" Rena shouted her lungs out as tears strolled down her cheeks with a child in her hands. "Mamma?"

Rena looked at her child with tears and red eyes. It was a result of her and Kikwang's doing and now her father was too coward to acknowlegde the presence of his own daughter. "Mamma w-why are you c-crying?" Jiyoung asked her mother as she wiped the tears away from her mother's face. 

Kikwang turned away and saw his daughter wipe those tears way from her mother's face. It was clear as ice that Jiyoung hated to see her mother cry. Kikwang never knew Rena would keep the child because he clearly remembered that time when Rena told him that she was pregnant and that it would be best if she aborted the child. Never did he know that Rena had kept the child all these years.

"Throw it away or something. I'm too young to become a father and I have a girlfriend that I love. I'll not be responsible over this baby. Abort it." Kikwang said as he ruffled his hair. What a disaster. 

"No! I'm keeping this baby! How could you throw such an innocent life away?! You're a heartless !" Rena shouted in between sobs, not knowing what to do after knowing that they guy she slept with is a bastard.

"No."

"Fine. I'm not keeping this baby. But remember, I am not going to let you live freely. You will suffer, and I'll make sure that happens." Rena said as she stomped away. Kikwang had not seen her till this day.

Kikwang ruffled his hair is frustration. He knows Jaekyung did'nt want anything got to do with him after knowing that Kikwang had a child with another woman. Jaekyung must've felt betrayed at the fact that he had lied to her in order to protect their relationship. But he was proved wrong after he got to know that Jaekyung had started her relationship with Myungsoo. He had known that there was no way for Jaekyung to stay faithful to him as he had not been a truthful boyfriend to her.

And it was fair. Jaekyung had the right to break off ties with Kikwang after what he had done to her. It was unforgivable. Jaekyung was still young and she still had things to discover by herself and enjoy life. Why would she stay with Kikwang, who had lied to her, who had  had an affair with another woman without her knowing and the worst, for not being responsible enough to be the father of the child? 

"It's a win-win situation, Kikwang. Jaekyung does'nt want you anymore and this child needs a father. And there is no one else that could satisfy that part but only you." Rena sobbed and she placed Jiyoung on the bed. It's not good to have Jiyoung hear this conversation between her mother and her father. It was too heartless.

"Trust me, Kikwang. If you can't, go and call Jaekyung yourself. Because you can't keep being delusional like this. It won't bring any good to you." Rena said, her voice low and hurt. It was hard making Kikwang believe her. And she is doing this for everyone's sake. But everyone knows Kikwang is nothing but a stubborn arsehole.

"No, Rena. Even if Jaekyung does'nt want me anymore, I'll never get married to you or be with you. You are nothing but a woman who is desperate for someone to look after yourself and the baby because you know you can't do that yourself! I had enough Rena. I told you to throw that child away yet you kept it. And now that Jaekyung does'nt want me anymore, you are taking this opportunity to spoil and destroy my happiness by tying me down with you!" Kikwang said in between breaths. 

"Kikwang! Did'nt I tell you before? That I'm going to make you suffer?! You knew very well that I'll keep my promise! You did'nt know what trouble I went through back then, trying to keep the baby and myself alive, while you! You had fun with Jaekyung and worry nothing. I..my family threw me away after they knew I was expecting and I had to stay with my friend! I worked different shifts everyday just so I could afford anything the baby needs. I did that for more than 2 years, Kikwang! It was'nt fair that I had to go through hardship while you enjoy night and day!"

"Well it isn't my fault that you wanted to keep the baby! I told you to throw it away, did'nt I?! I told you that I wanted nothing got to do with you!"

"Of course you would say that, Kikwang! Every guy would say that after they had their cravings satisfied! But do you know how I felt, what I felt when I was sitting in the room while the doctors got ready to remove the baby?! I felt as if they wanted to take away my life! It was the worst feeling I had ever faced in my entire life and that moment I knew that I had to save the baby, no matter what the circumstances are. You need to understand Kikwang!" Rena said as she started sobbing again, reminiscing the hard days she went through to keep herself and the baby alive.

"I need to think about it, Rena. I..I can't do this now. I have a life ahead of me."

"And the baby too! Don't you understand, Kikwang?! You need to start thinking of the baby! Of your own baby! This life is not only about you Kikwang. Stop prating! You need to start thinking of the baby and not yourself! I'm not asking you to marry me, or love me, or anything like that! I..I just need you to care for the baby. For our baby. That's all I ask for." Rena said, wiping the stinging tears away. 

Kikwang looked at Rena for the last time as he left, mumbling "I'll think about it."

-----

"Has Kikwang contacted you yet?" Myungsoo asked as he took a sip of his favourite Strawberry milktea. Jaekyung nodded as she took a scoop of her yoghurt and chew it, puffing her cheeks out cutely as she chewed. Myungsoo sighed as he placed his elbow on the table, smirking as he looked dreamily at the girl infront of him.

"You are so cute when you do that." Myungsoo complimented as he smiled sincerely, getting a weird look from Jaekyung that shouted 'weird' to him all over. 

"I know." Jaekyung flipped her hair as she continued eating her yoghurt. "Okay, I take that back. Why are you so full of  yourself all the time without feeling embarrassed, at all?" Myungsoo asked as he raised an eyebrow. Really, he could'nt understand, and he thought that he never will.

"Cause I'm cute like that. And hey, it's good to have self confidence you know. And you, should be proud of me." Jaekyung muttered as she threw her finished yoghurt in the rubbish bin, earning a goal. "Yeah, okay princess. Anyway, you have yet to answer me."

"Oh, that. Nope." Jaekyung said as she put force on the 'p'. "Why? Is he...supposed to?" Jaekyung asked nonchalantly. She almost forgot that she had to straighten things up with Kikwang and the thought of it made her feel like puking her guts out. What a waste of time.

"I think you should talk things up with him before things get worse. I mean your breakup with him is unofficial, right?" Myungsoo asked as he took the last sip of his drink. Myungsoo was nervous to be honest because he was'nt sure if he could date Jaekyung, knowing that she has yet to break up with her boyfriend.

He did'nt want to be labeled as a 'stealer'.

"I don't think it's necessary though. I don't want to get involved with that arsehole." Jaekyung said as she rolled her eyes. Jaekyung really had enough of Kikwang. He lied to her about something so big after all these years and Kikwang did'nt even feel guilty? How does he even live?

"Jae, you know you can't avoid him forever, right? Just face it as soon as possible and don't worry, I'll help you, okay?" Myungsoo smiled as he caressed Jaekyung's hand above the table.

"Thanks, Myungsoo."