Playful

Leaving our fate in your hands

"Sorry. It was just a friend. She's kinda troubled cause-" Myungsoo said as he turned to face Suyeon who had her head placed on the table counter where he had left her earlier. Apparently, the dishes he had prepared for Suyeon were still yet untouched. He sighed as he stood closer to Suyeon and caught her sleeping soundly. He stood there a little bit longer, studying Suyeon's features, the one he used to stare at every morning back in Seoul.

Honestly, he missed it badly. 

Myungsoo carried Suyeon bridal-style to his bed as he covered her with his bed sheets. She looked exceptionally angelic and he darted his eyes away from her. He felt wrong. As if he should'nt be doing that. He used to do it all the time but somehow, he felt different. 

Myungsoo fondled with his phone as he stared at the screen. He was wondering what Jaekyung was doing. Is she okay? Is she sleeping? Is she watching tv? Is she online? Speaking of that, Myungsoo decided to on his laptop and have a small chat with Jaekyung anonymously, hoping she is online.

Myungsoo squinted his eyes for that one name. Jaekyung.

Han Jaekyung: Online

"Jackpot." Myungsoo smirked as he started his chat. He rubbed his hands in excitement, giggling and smiling to himself looking like an idiot. 

(Chat)

Anonymous: Hi

Jaekyung: Uhh, hi

Anonymous: Why are'nt you asleep yet? It's getting kinda late yknow

Jaekyung: Ahahaha hbu? I have some assignments so...yeah

Anonymous: Ouhhh right. Where are you schooling? "I gotta act like I don't know her, right? Hhahaa" 

Jaekyung: Just somewhere in London. 

Anonymous: You're studying in London? Wow, your parents must be proud of you.

Jaekyung: Haha well. I'm glad they are. I hope they're doing fine though.

Anonymous: I'm sure they are. They should be. Having a daughter studying in London is something to be proud of. Btw what course are you majoring in? 

Jaekyung: Hmm, bussiness management. You? 

Anonymous: Really? Wow! I heard it's not easy right? You must be clever then. Me? Just...yknow...arts.

Jaekyung: I'm not that clever. You can say I worked reallyyy hard for my exam therefore my satisfying results? Arts? Sounds fun. Is it? 

Anonymous: Not bad. I'm interested in it so I guess it's favourable. It's more of a physical thing like dancing and workouts. 

Jaekyung: Oh. Hey, I would love to chat with you but I need to finish my work. Hehe, let's end our chat here?

Anonymous: Right, sorry. Yeah sure, we'll talk some other time, maybe? Hehe.

Jaekyung has disconnected. 

(End of chat)

"Jaekyung you're really....aish." Myungsoo sighed dejectedly as he noticed how Jaekyung was'nt the easy type to get close to, which was good. But in Myungsoo's perspective, it was hard to get to know the real Jaekyung. Which he was incredibly desperate to know about Jaekyung more. He needed help, but from who? 

Myungsoo grabbed his phone as he stared at the screen. Should he...text her? To check on her, maybe. Myungsoo blinked a few more times as he rubbed it irritatably. His back was starting to sore as he had to sleep on the couch for how long Suyeon will be staying here in London.

Which means he'll have to face backaches for 2 weeks, maybe? 

Oh hell.

For the sake of Suyeon. His beloveddd girlfriend.

Myungsoo huffed as he started typing to Jaekyung. He was wondering if she felt bad at what happened earlier. He was trying his best to avoid Jaekyung, for goodness sake. And if Jaekyung did'nt see it, then she must be blind. Because when Kim Myungsoo shows how he feels inside, it gets wayyy too obvious.

But no. His hands were forcing him to type away to Jaekyung but his heart did'nt let him. He's afraid if Jaekyung might get a misunderstanding by explaining to her if she should'nt be playing around over such serious matters. If she was really chased by god knows who, then what's gonna happen? He won't be there to keep her safe and sound. And no, Myungsoo wants her to be safe in any way possible.

He has to keep her safe. He made that point as one of his responsibilities. 

And how could Jaekyung joke around like that?! He had never felt that scared before in his life. And Jaekyung just had to lie about it. 

Myungsoo sighed as he stared at the ceiling. It suddenly became interesting to him to notice some cracks and some worn out paint. Maybe he should fix it. 

Myungsoo almost jumped in shock when his phone beeped. It was already 2 in the morning and to know someone just texted him at this hour, made him come back to his senses. He checked his phone and there it is. The girl he has been thinking about and has been occupying his mind 24/7. 

Han Jaekyung.

From: Han Jaekyung

Myungsoo, are you still awake? I need some help with assignments. Texted others but no reply so I'm just trying my luck? The one that's due tomorrow.

Myungsoo smiled widely. 'How can she be so cute? .' Myungsoo thought to himself as he readjusted his seat. His hands were trembling, which leaves Myungsoo super confused. It was just a message that asked about homework. Urgh, that moment. Not like she texted saying she needed him by her side, or she needed him to sing for her a lullaby. 

No.

Not at all. 

"What the hell Myungsoo?!" Myungsoo cursed incohorent words as he tried to focus on replying Jaekyung. 

To: Han Jaekyung

Hmm, yeah. Do you wanna call, or I send you by mail? It's kinda confusing. I'll just send you the document by mail and you can call me when you need explanations? Sounds good?

Myungsoo clicked send. Phew, that was hard.

Jaekyung looked up at her phone as she looked at it. Jaekyung released a long sigh as she thanked Myungsoo a million times for replying her text, unlike those sleepy pigs. 

From: Han Jaekyung

Yeap! Sounds good! I'll be waiting~

Myungsoo smiled as he his laptop once again. Myungsoo was happily sending an attachment file to Jaekyung when he heard noises coming from the kitchen. He stood up and headed towards it, only welcomed with a sleepy Suyeon, resting her head on the dining table with a glass of water on her right hand.

He came nearer and heard Suyeon's breathing getting louder. He found it weird as Suyeon only does that when she gets sick. And he was praying ever so hardly that Suyeon is not sick. He was wrong.

Myungsoo reached for her forhead and the stinging burn never felt this hot. He tried waking Suyeon up but she only replied with groans of uneasiness. Myungsoo panicked. Suyeon had only reached London a few hours ago and she's already hot to the touch. He has to bring her to hospital without futher ado.

Myungsoo piggybacked Suyeon as he took a cab to the nearest hospital. His phone beeped a few times but Myungsoo turned a deaf ear to it, knowing now's not the time for him to focus on any other things expect Suyeon. She needs to be well. Because when Suyeon falls sick, it takes forever for her to heal.

"Doctor, is she fine? How's her condition?" Myungsoo asked in one breath. The doctor smiled and nodded. "She's fine but it will take her time to heal. Her temperature is quite high and from what I see, she gets sick rarely but when she does, it takes her a long time to heal so please, relax. I've given her some antibiotics so most probably she'll wake up tomorrow morning." 

Myungsoo made his way at the side of Suyeon's bed as he studied her features. She looked skinnier than she was before he left her and she looked pale, definitely. Myungsoo realised just then how much of an impact he was to Suyeon. She must've skipped meals and has been worrying over Myungsoo since he was away.

Myungsoo felt guilty all over. Suyeon has always been a caring girlfriend and he knew he has been avoiding Suyeon (in a way) as he was somehow busy with school work and Jaekyung. Jaekyung had a problem only he can help and school is just, school. 

He knew he was lacking as a boyfriend and it was definitely his fault for getting Suyeon in this situation. He caressed Suyeon's hair as he gave a kiss on her forhead. He was about to rest his head at the side of the bed when his phone rang for the nth time of the day. 

Myungsoo blinked dejectedly. It was Jaekyung again and he took one last glance towards Suyeon before heading out to take the call. "Yeah, Jaekyung you have questions? Are you done?" Myungsoo asked plainly, as if all of his emotions were being out of him.

"Uhh, yeah. I don't understand why the cilia isn't able to help trap smaller dust particles from entering out lungs. I mean, I know that the cilia is'nt that protective but, you know it's small and it's suppososed to help..." Jaekyung's line ended. She did'nt know how to continue. Jaekyung waited for Myungsoo's answer but his voice can't even be heard.

"Uhh, Myungsoo? Still there? Are you busy?" Jaekyung interrupted. "Oh, yeah. It's because the dust particles are way too small for the cilia to actually help trap it since the dust particles are too small they measure up to 0.001 micrometer therefore it will still enter the lungs and eventually destroy the broncioles and alveoles. Got it? Anything else?" Myungsoo asked.

"Nope that's it. Thanks. Sorry for disturbing you really I-"

"Nope, it's ok. Just, text me if you need help and please sleep. It's already late. I don't want you to sleep in class like you always do Jaekyung. You'll get eyebags." Myungsoo said sternly. Having Suyeon sick is enough for him to handle. If Jaekyung gets sick as well, he'll basically goes to hell too. 

Myungsoo heard a long pause. "Oh. Okay. Thanks. You rest too." Jaekyung said and the line got cut off. Myungsoo sighed as he checked to see that it was already 0315 in the morning. 

"And I've got school tomorrow."