Distraction on the loose

Leaving our fate in your hands

"So..uhh..do you want anything? Water or some snacks maybe?" Jaekyung asked as Myungsoo just stared at her with those mysterious eyes he always had. Myungsoo did'nt bother replying. Instead he attacked Jaekyung with a question. "Do you know that wondering in the middle of the night alone is dangerous? Do you, Han Jaekyung?" Myungsoo shot Jaekyung with one of his sarcastic smiles. 

 

Jaekyung hid her face with a pillow. She knew that Myungsoo was going to torture her by telling and complaining how dangerous it is for her to go to a store late at night, in London, by herself. She was thankful that at least there's someone to care for her in London, at least there's a 'friend' that she knew from Korea that could actually keep her safe. But maybe she did take advantage of that fact. 

 

"I'm sorry alright? I did'nt know going to a store late at night could be dangerous. I was just hungry you know. I need to eat." Jaekyung answered boldly, drawing designs on her pillow with her index finger. Myungsoo just stared at her and rolled his eyes. *This girl, really.* 

 

"Do you know how panic I got when you called? What do you think would've happened if I did'nt even bother to pick up my phone and leave you to handle with your own problem? This'll be my last warning. If you want to go anywhere, call me. Make sure I'm always with you, get me? I don't care if it's early in the morning or late at night. I'm sure there's someone trying to plot something against you. Don't you think? Weird things have been happening around you lately eversince you almost got hit with that car." Myungsoo said, tapping his chin.

 

Jaekyung nodded. It was true. Jaekyung thought the same thing as well. But who in London would've wanted to do things to her? She barely even knew anyone to start off with. Just who is behind all of this? Whatever and whoever that has been doing this to her, wants her dead. And Jaekyung had a feeling that she's no longer going to be safe with a killer on the loose. She has to be more alert than ever. 

 

"Myungsoo, so does this mean that...that I'm going to...die soon?" Jaekyung asked, stuttering. Myungsoo looked at Jaekyung with a confused look. "What do you mean? You're going nowhere. For the meantime, it's unsafe for you to stay here alone. You'll have to stay with a friend or something, in case anything happens. Tomorrow ask any of your girl friends who can stay with you for the meantime. And don't worry. I'll make sure to keep an eye on you as well." Myungsoo said as he stood up, getting ready to leave. 

 

"Myungsoo, thank you, really. If, if you did'nt come earlier, I would'nt know what would've happened to me. I'll make sure to take care of myself. Do you think telling Kikwang about this could help, in a way?" Jaekyung asked as she helped Myungsoo to the door. Myungsoo's face changed. *Right Myungsoo what the hell were you thinking?* 

 

"Kikwang? Yeah, sure. If you want to. For the mean time make sure when you're out you have company. Got it?" Myungsoo asked. Jaekyung nodded reassuringly. "Got it, boss! Hehe. Take care on your way home, take a cab. It's late already." Jaekyung said as she gave a sweet smile. Myungsoo melted with that smile of hers. He likes the way her lips would curl up in a smile and her sweet natural pink lips would just play a big part in it, making it look cute and feminine on her beautiful pulchritudinous face. 

 

-----

 

"Babe. Why have you not been calling me these days? I've been waiting you know." Suyeon said on the phone as she took a bite on her pizza. Myungsoo sighed hard, he did'nt know what was happening to himself nowadays either. "Sorry, I've just been you know, busy." Myungsoo replied dejectedly. "If it's possible, can you not call me often? I need to sort alot of things out." 

 

"Sort what out? Anyways, babe I've got a surprise for you! A really big one! Are you up for it?" Suyeon asked excitedly. Myungsoo just mumbled a 'yes'. "I'm coming to London in a few days! Ain't that fun? Huh?" Suyeon said as she giggled. Myungsoo perked up from his bed as he held the phone closer to his ear. "What? Why? For what?" 

 

"For what? For you silly. Of course I'll be there for something as well but I'll be spending more time there for you. Isn't it exciting darling? We'll be able to have some fun with each other in London! We've always wanted to do that, remember? Hah, finally." Suyeon gave a victory cheer. Myungsoo sighed. Oh it's definitely going to be hard. If he's going to be busy attending to Suyeon then, who's going to look after Jaekyung? Oh hell.

 

"How long will you be staying here though? A week? A few days?" Myungsoo asked, eager to know the reply. "Hmm, 2 weeks maybe? Well that depends on how much I'll be missing Seoul, hehe. But I don't think I'll even care if you'll be with me 24/7, no? Ok baby. I'll call you when I'm in the airport since you're busy. I won't disturb you until then, hmm? Study hard and make wifey proud, ok? Bye!" Suyeon said as the line was cut off. 

 

Myungsoo sighed loudly as he walked his way to the bathroom for a refreshing bath. Jaekyung played with her phone as she stared at the ceiling. Should she give Kikwang a call or not? After a few thoughts, Jaekyung finally decided to tell Kikwang about her recent happenings. She's hoping Kikwang could help her.

 

"Kikwang? Are you sleeping?" Jaekyung asked as Kikwang's hoarse voice blasted through the speakers. "Hmm, I'm pretty much awake now. Jaekyung ah, have you been well? I've been worried you know. It's been so long since you last called me. Is everything alright?" Kikwang asked, a hint of worry in his voice could be heard. 

 

Jaekyung started crying her eyes out. "Kikwang, I've missed you too! I wish you were here. Things have been happening around me lately and I'm scared. Thank god there's Myungsoo. Baby really, if Myungsoo's not here to help me, I don't think I'll be even calling you right now. I must be in some kind of a store I think." Jaekyung's voice sounds rushed as she sobbed. 

 

Kikwang got confused. Just who the hell is Myungsoo and what is she blabbering about? "Babe, wait. What are you talking about? Who is Myungsoo and who the hell is, I don't know, harming you?" Kikwang asked worriedly. How come Jaekyung never spoke about it? "I'm not sure myself. It's just that I almost got hit by a car that time and I was stalked earlier. And Myungsoo is just a friend I just met on the aeroplane. He's from Seoul, so don't worry." 

 

Kikwang went silent. His instincts were telling him it was Rena. It must've been Rena. Who else would want to harm Jaekyung other than Rena? And that Myungsoo kid, Kikwang knew that he's got a motive behind everything he did for Jaekyung. It sounds like he has been with Jaekyung eversince the first day. And things are just starting to get crazy around him, he could die. 

 

"Ok. Jaekyung listen to me. Starting from now, don't get near that Myungsoo kid. Don't ask me why just listen to me. Secondly, make sure wherever you go, you're not alone. Bring someone with you. And thirdly, wait for me. I'm coming to London, got me?" Kikwang's voice harsh and serious at the same time. Anything that has got to do with Jaekyung's safety affects him deeply. And he'll do anything to keep her safe. Anything.

 

"Oh...ok then. Well but do you have to come to London? What about your work? What are you going to tell your boss?" Jaekyung asked worriedly. "Hmm, I'll make some excuse later. For now, just stay away from that kid and take care of yourself. Just tell me what hotel you're staying at and I'll come when I reach London, got me?" Kikwang said in a serious tone. "Yes, well, I'll be waiting then. You take care too, baby." Jaekyung said and with that, she clasped her phone tightly to her heart. 

 

-----

 

"So, Jaekyung, have you figured out who has been doing these weird things to you lately?" Myungsoo asked as he walked side by side with Jaekyung. Jaekyung did'nt even bother turning to Myungsoo but instead just looked to the ground and walked. She had to listen to Kikwang because it's the only way for her to be safe. What Kikwang said was right. Myungsoo might just be a bad person, he must have a motive behind his good actions. Jaekyung just held her strap tightly and distracted herself with her phone. 

 

Myungsoo find it extremely strange because Jaekyung was'nt acting like herself. She was okay yesterday but today she looks like a total extremely different person. He kept quiet, thinking Jaekyung should have more time for herself after what happened. So the walk to school that day was....definitely awkward. 

 

Jaekyung had ignored Myungsoo all day and that only made Myungsoo more curious than ever. Did he say or do anything wrong? He was sure he did'nt but he was definitely going to find out. It has been distracting him all day and he could'nt wait any longer. So he decided to talk to Jaekyung after school and ask her what has been distracting her all day. He was hoping it would'nt be him as her reason. 

 

"Han Jaekyung, can I talk to you for a sec?" Myungsoo called out as he dragged Jaekyung to a corner outside school. Jaekyung rolled her eyes inwardly as she knew where this was going. "Can you tell me what's been bothering you? Because it's been bothering me that you've not even said a word to me today. Explain, please." Myungsoo pleaded. Jaekyung sighed as she looked at Myungsoo with an irritated look on her face. Ignoring people is hard. 

 

"Myungsoo can you just please not bother me anymore? I'm tired, I need some rest so if you don't mind can you please leave me alone?" Jaekyung said as she ignored Myungsoo's gaze. She was trying so hard she find it extremely difficult because Myungsoo have been a really good friend and she knew she was being unreasonable herself. She was ignoring him without any apparent reason for goodness sake! 

 

Myungsoo kept quiet. He was shocked with Jaekyung's answer. And he's not satisfied. "Han Jaekyung, let me ask you. Listen, I'm sorry if I said anything wrong if there are any and I did'nt mean to, okay? It's just, different if you're not attending to me like...it feels weird in a way, I don't even know why so at least tell me why you've been avoiding me the whole day." Myungsoo asked, looking at Jaekyung with a gaze. 

 

Jaekyung looked at him guiltily. She knew she had to tell him the truth. "Ok, fine. I called Kikwang yesterday and I told him about the things that have been happening to me and I kinda told him about you as well like you know the normal stuff. Like a friend, you know. And then he told me to...to..to stay away from you and avoid talking or going out with you although we're just friends. Listen, I'm sorry but Kikwang has been kinda over-protective with me and he's coming to London soon. So, I hope you understand and there's no other reason for me to avoid you. Sorry if I made you feel worried." 

 

Myungsoo nodded. He knew something was wrong over the change of her behaviour. Jaekyung is a reasonable person. He was sure she had her reasons. And he's angry. He's angry at the fact that Kikwang is making Jaekyung avoid him. He was sure jealous and it's more than obvious. And just at the thought of Kikwang coming to London to 'take care' and 'look after' Jaekyung made his heart cringe. It was not a good news for him. Things were doing so well between him and Jaekyung. And suddenly this Kikwang had to come. Oh hell. 

 

"Well, ok then. I'm glad the misunderstanding is cleared up. See? It's not so hard to tell me truthfully right? I'll give you some space but really, if anything happens to you don't waver to call me. Just put me on speed dial. I'll be wherever you are in a minute. Hahahaha. Well at least while Kikwang's not here yet so don't worry to call your friend for help. Ok?" Myungsoo bumped shoulders with Jaekyung playfully as Jaekyung nodded. 

 

"Yeah, let's do that." Jaekyung said and she's never been more sure in her life.