Something amiss

Leaving our fate in your hands

"Ok, so I've gathered up your assignments and I've got to say, some of you did really well and I've also planned on making your partners official. Except for the ones who did badly, I'll reconsider." Teacher Lee announced, receiving a few gasps from the students, some even sleeping, their heads rested on their desks. 

 

Myungsoo turned to Jaekyung, a smile crept on his face. He was sure the project he did with Jaekyung the other night was a success and that they're going to be paired up officially. Jaekyung flashed a light smile towards Myungsoo, not used to his actions. Myungsoo used to be cold towards Jaekyung but eversince that night, he got nicer and kept on stealing glances towards Jaekyung. 

 

"Ok, so I'll be announcing the ones who did badly first and save the best ones for the last. Tina and Rachel, I'm sorry you got the worst scores cause I don't understand whatever you wrote. Second, Miranda and Katie and thirdly, Ariel and Aimy. And the best ones are Quinn and Lachlan and Jaekyung and Myungsoo. Good job guys. I'll be giving a good mark for this." Teacher Lee flashed a smile, leaving Jaekyung to smile brightly. 

 

"Told you we make a good pair as partners." Myungsoo whispered to Jaekyung from aback, sending chills down Jaekyung's back as she nodded. "Sorry, guess I misundestood you." Jaekyung answered with a whisper, her face still facing the front. Myungsoo smirked in return as he played with his pen. 

 

Jaekyung kept her distance away from Myungsoo, thinking that he must be thinking way too much about their friendship. I mean, it's just been a night since they talked to each other, talking about themselves, getting to know each other better. But Jaekyung took it as a simple way of friendship, so that they won't argue too much in school because Jaekyung hates it so much. Always avoiding Myungsoo makes her tired. 

 

But maybe Myungsoo took it as Jaekyung is a friend. Like she's ok with everything. And now they're so called 'bestfriends' since Myungsoo always finds a way to get near Jaekyung although Jaekyung find it a little bit awkward. She has'nt yet added Myungsoo into her 'friends' list. It was just a way of her being able to finish her project so she could get high marks for her assignments. 

 

And poor Kim Myungsoo misunderstood. 

 

-----

 

Myungsoo had followed Jaekyung all the way to the library after asking her where she wanted to go. Jaekyung lied to him saying that she was about to go home but there they were, in the library, sitting together. Jaekyung sighed as she continued looking for references. Myungsoo's eyes never left Jaekyung and he followed her like her own personal bodyguard. 

 

"Why did you lie?" Myungsoo's brows furrowed. He did'nt get it. Why would Jaekyung ever lie to him when they're bestfriends? Should'nt Jaekyung tell him wherever she went since they're close? Jaekyung turned to Myungsoo and looked at him intently. Her large brown eyes looked at him straight, searching for his eyes. 

 

"Kim Myungsoo, I'm sorry but, I had to. You're making me feel uncomfortable. You keep on following me these days and I need my own space, you know. Besides, it's not like we're friends or anything." Jaekyung said nonchalantly. "Why? We've been hanging out together and I don't see you complaining that's why I kept on folowing you. I thought you treated me as friend because I already do." Myungsoo said, his eyes glint a hint of hope.

 

Jaekyung looked at him, her eyes soft and she felt guilty. *So he treated me as a friend already? But, how? I thought he's someone cold. And unfriendly.* Jaekyung thought to herself. "Really? But, how could you treat me as a friend already after all those teasing and cursing me? I never expected that from you, really." Jaekyung said, her face filled with guilt. 

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. "How could you be so slow? Gosh. And can we go home now? Or eat dinner? Cause I'm getting kinda hungry." Myungsoo pouted, rubbing his tummy. Jaekyung giggled. "Oh alright, let's go home. Ask if your mom cooked for you. I'm sure she prepared dinner for you." Jaekyung said as she packed up her things and headed straight for the exit.

 

"Oh, ok." Myungsoo started as he started texting his mother. Soon a reply came and unfortunately, his mother did'nt cook anything as she ate outside but his mother could ask their maids to prepare for him food anytime. Myungsoo rejected the offer and made an excuse, saying that they have'nt stock up their foods and Myungsoo begged for Jaekyung to cook for him.

 

"Too bad. No food at home. Looks like you'll have to cook for me, huh." Myungsoo smirked from behind. Jaekyung sighed as they reach her hotel. "Alright. But as soon as you're done go home. I'm kinda  sleepy already." Jaekyung said as they entered her room. Myungsoo placed his bag on the chair and stared at Jaekyung's figure from the back as she gets ready for the ingredients. 

 

"So, what are you gonna cook for me? I'm curious." Myungsoo asked as Jaekyung was cutting the vegetables slowly. "Nothing special. Just the basics cause I'm lazy." Jaekyung answered coolly as she continued cutting the tomatoes next. As Jaekyung turned to face Myungsoo, she accidentally cut her finger and she gasped. "Oh, . Perfect." Jaekyung cursed as the wound started to bleed. Myungsoo heard Jaekyung ans he ran towards her, his face filled with worry.

 

"Oh gosh, what did you do? Here, let me." Myungsoo took a piece of tissue as he dabbed softly on the wound, taking a packet of plasters and wrapped it beautifully on Jaekyung's finger. Jaekyung kept quiet while Myungsoo did his thing and a smile crept up on her face. He was being so sweet and gentle she could'nt resist it. "Done. Are you done? I'll help." Myungsoo turned to Jaekyung and caught her staring at him. He cleared his throat and Jaekyung faced the pot. "Thanks."

 

"You know what? You look tired. Go and rest first. When  it's ready I'll wake you up." Myungsoo offered as Jaekyung nodded and made her way slowly towards the couch. After a few minutes, Myungsoo prepared the food in plates and turned to wake Jaekyung up when he decided not to. Jaekyung's face was beautiful when she slept. At times she would mumble something and furrowed her brows, and Myungsoo would touch it, as Jaekyung relaxed it once more. 

 

Just as Myungsoo leaned in closer, eyeing Jaekyung's small shapy lips and went closer to peck it, his phone rang. Myungsoo stood up, further away from Jaekyung as Jaekyung stirred up from her sleep and rubbed her eyes. Myungsoo checked the caller ID and to his surprise, it was his beloved Suyeon. Jaekyung eyed Myungsoo and made her way to the table and was welcomed with a few dishes Myungsoo had prepared. *He did all this alone while I slept? Gosh.* Jaekyung thought guiltily. 

 

Myungsoo went out, nodding when Jaekyung turned to look at him and nodded her head, understanding that he needed to take the call. Myungsoo personally felt disapoointed that Suyeon had to call him at such a wrong timing. He was just an inch close to that peachy pink lips he had been eyeing eversince he met Jaekyung. And Suyeon just had to call him. "What?" Myungsoo asked, his voice a little harsh. "Oh, sorry baby. Was I disturbing you? I just wanted to ask if you were doing well since you did'nt call for days." Suyeon said through the phone, her voice low. 

 

"Oh, baby. I'm sorry. I was doing something then you called so I'm feeling a bit disturbed. It's ok. I'm doing fine. How about you? Is mommy and daddy fine? Have you eat your dinner yet?" Myungsoo asked, his voice worried. "Hehehe, I'm doing well and so are mommy and daddy. And have you forgotten that the time difference here is different? I've eaten my dinner like 15 hours ago. I've eaten my breakfast though. You must be having your dinner now huh." Suyeon chuckled. 

 

"Oh god. I forgot. Yeah I'm just starting my dinner with a friend." Myungsoo mentally facepalmed himself for being too careless. "Oh, ahaha ok then I shall not disturb you. Call me. I miss you." Suyeon pouted her lips as a tear rolled down her cheeks. She felt insecure without Myungsoo beside her. She felt lost, alone, sad, depressed all at once. She just wished Myungsoo would sit right beside her, cuddling with her while watching horror movies that would make Myungsoo hide his face on her neck sending small pecks and she would end up laughing at how a scaredy cat he had been just like the old times. 

 

"Ok darling. Have a good day and take care. Love you." Myungsoo made a kissing sound and he ended the call. Suyeon smiled and made her way out to school. "Let's go guys." Suyeon walked hand in hand with Sarah, Yoseob and Hoya. Myungsoo went in the room and sat on the chair, looking at Jaekyung who was sleeping with her head above her arm supporting it. He giggled and tapped her arm, waking Jaekyung up. "Sorry for that. Urgent call." Jaekyung shook her head and they ate their dinner in awkward silence. 

 

-----

 

"Hey, Suyeon, can you help me pass that ketchup? Thanks." Hoya asked as Suyeon passed him the bottle of ketchup, her eyes still glued to her food. Suyeon played with her food, her appetite lost. *I wonder what Myungsoo's doing right now. I wonder if there are girls that seduced him and he may have gone in a hotel room together with them and...* "Yah! Jaekyung! Hey, wake up. Can you please eat some food into your system? You have been playing with it since break started. Don't get a tummyache later." Sarah waved her hands infront of Jaekyung as she snapped out of her thoughts. 

 

"No! That can't happen! No, no, no! Yoseob! Tell me, when you went to London to study, are the girls there hot and y?" Suyeon asked worriedly, her brows furrowed together waiting for Yoseob's answer as Yoseob started to drool remembering his experience living in London. "Hot? Not even close to that. They're cute, seducing, their hair are like paradise and don't forget their bodies.." Yoseob sat back properly looking at Jaekyung's troubled expression. 

 

"Why are you asking me that anyway? You're gonna study there?" Yoseob asked while he stuffed tofu into his mouth. "Nah, just asking. Cause I smell something fishy." Jaekyung smirked as she left for her next class.